MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2008, 10:39 PM   #21
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
^ you might need it re geared, cause my dodge with 1 cross box 2 side boxes and 2 pack rats filled with springs etc. gets the same as you stated !
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2001 cbr 929rr no start ign switch broken what wire goes were so i can start it rparker1978 How To's and Q & A's 9 09-01-2014 11:50 PM
be glad you're healthy RACER X Off Topic 16 06-06-2013 09:08 AM
Not healthy enough to kill...... tonyt915 Off Topic 7 03-13-2010 08:04 PM
healthy trim?? along77082 Health and Fitness 30 08-21-2009 02:08 PM
This is sure to start a debate - Arizona new anti illegal immigrant law Ridesmart Off Topic 15 12-24-2007 09:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2008, 10:48 PM   #22
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
i would get an 01 and up tundra. you can pick one up for 12k with low miles. Good power and its dependable.
+1, here ya go, a clean lo mi example at momentum bmw

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...QQcmdZViewItem
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:54 PM   #23
dtlam_88
Noob

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
03 600RR

Send a message via AIM to dtlam_88 Send a message via Yahoo to dtlam_88
too bad you cant up your price range, an SRT-10 would be a good mix of the sports car world and the truck world for you.
dtlam_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #24
melissa claire
hardy har har

Bike(s):
a honda and a suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
Nissan Titan. debate over.
everyone (including a nissan tech) tells me they have brakes.

A used tundra maybe? everyone claims them to be bulletproof
melissa claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #25
Homebrew
AkA Rubbersidedown

Feedback Rating: (25)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
gsxr 600
custom pocket rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Yea but if you look at the above criteria - i have to stay under $12,000.

Guys, I appreciate all the opinions, but please remembers its only useful if you stay within the criteria.

I wish I had more money to spend and then those above options would be between the F250/08 Tundra/08 8ft Titan. But at this point, I'm not willing to part with the Repsol or the Mazda Rx8 - so my budget forcefully has to stay low.

Thanks again for your opinions, I still have a few days before making my decision.

any thoughts on an suv? i have a 2003 ford expedition(newer body style), 4.6 good on gas, black with grey cloth, less than 52k miles, has 20" chrome wheels and a few other bolt on's. i was thinking of selling it and buying my wife a new one. same thing except 2008 black/black. original owner, oil changed every 3,000, new tires. no leaks,squeaks,or dents

i was thinking 11,000 must see.............im just seeing if your remotly interested
Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #26
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

i have owned LOTS of trucks mini trucks and fll size I love the dodge i have now it is a 99 has the 360 in it but with the i am getting 14-16 in city and 18-20 on highway not the best but hey not the worst any dodge before 03 has a problem with tranny's 90,000 miles they are gone that is the only problem i had with my dodge

but i do need to ask you some questions to help you out better why does it have to be full size?

the reason I ask is the double cab Nissan Frontiers are roomy and have a towing capacity of 10,000 pounds

and why does it have to be a V8? what else will you be towing with it? if it is just the bikes and trailor your camry does it fine im sure a v6 will do it I have 2 bikes 2 4 wheelers a car hauler trailer and my 21foot Wake Boarding boat and i was pulling all of this with my last truck it was a V6 with no problems I guess if you are talking about sports cars then you want the power but hey it is a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #27
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

I LOVE the new Tundras. But only if they're the short bed.

amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #28
amber|alexis

Member Garage

Old 03-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #29
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
i have owned LOTS of trucks mini trucks and fll size I love the dodge i have now it is a 99 has the 360 in it but with the i am getting 14-16 in city and 18-20 on highway not the best but hey not the worst any dodge before 03 has a problem with tranny's 90,000 miles they are gone that is the only problem i had with my dodge

but i do need to ask you some questions to help you out better why does it have to be full size?

the reason I ask is the double cab Nissan Frontiers are roomy and have a towing capacity of 10,000 pounds

and why does it have to be a V8? what else will you be towing with it? if it is just the bikes and trailor your camry does it fine im sure a v6 will do it I have 2 bikes 2 4 wheelers a car hauler trailer and my 21foot Wake Boarding boat and i was pulling all of this with my last truck it was a V6 with no problems I guess if you are talking about sports cars then you want the power but hey it is a truck

my experiance with mini trucks is that they get the same fuel mileage as the full size counter-parts but with less space, less towing capacity and less trade in value.

I call BS on your 360 MPG figures... are they actually calculated or guesstimated? every 360 that I have owned/heard of does not even get close to 16 city/20 highway.... maybe a 318 would get close to those figures but not a 360.

my cousin has a 05 chevy full size extended cab half ton with the 4.8 and gets the numbers he is looking for fuel mileage wise. but is no powerhouse matched up to my 5.3. When ever I drive it I am always wondering where the power is,lol.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #30
Jesse H

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
05 Harley Road King

You don't even need a full size for your towing requirements (small). Your gas mileage requirements will never be met with a 1/2 ton V8 and it'll be more towing and payload capacity than you'll ever need.

You'll do fine with a mid-sized truck ie: Xterra, Pathfinder, Frontier, 4-runner, Tacoma, Explorer, Ranger with a V6. They all come in black and they'll at least meet your MPG requirements. The ONLY way you can meet your MPG requirements in a full sized truck is to go diesel...and now you're talking about way more towing and payload capacity than you'll ever need.

With that said, I drive a full sized truck because I like having the extra interior space, own a house and don't mind the 12 mpg because I only live 4 miles from work. I've been kicking around with the idea of downgrading to a smaller truck like the above mentioned, but like I said, I don't live far from work so the gas savings is worthless...that and it's paid off.

Last edited by Jesse H; 03-24-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Jesse H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #31
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
my experiance with mini trucks is that they get the same fuel mileage as the full size counter-parts but with less space, less towing capacity and less trade in value.

I call BS on your 360 MPG figures... are they actually calculated or guesstimated? every 360 that I have owned/heard of does not even get close to 16 city/20 highway.... maybe a 318 would get close to those figures but not a 360.

my cousin has a 05 chevy full size extended cab half ton with the 4.8 and gets the numbers he is looking for fuel mileage wise. but is no powerhouse matched up to my 5.3. When ever I drive it I am always wondering where the power is,lol.

LOL you can call BS all you want it is funny how someone can say somthing that they have and people want to call BS those numbers are done with clocking my mileage and when filling up doing the math the numbers are also being clocked by my on board computer but hey why does it matter to you i tell you what if you want me To PROVE it ( i think that is what you want) then come over one weekend pick up my truck and drive it then you can see for yourself but i will let you know that it is not stock i have done a few things suck as intake and exaust as well as re geard the rear end but that is what i get and I am happy as with it but my next truck will be a Toyota or a Nissan but that wont be anytime soon the Dodge has alot of life left in it

Quote:
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #32
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
LOL you can call BS all you want it is funny how someone can say somthing that they have and people want to call BS those numbers are done with clocking my mileage and when filling up doing the math the numbers are also being clocked by my on board computer but hey why does it matter to you i tell you what if you want me To PROVE it ( i think that is what you want) then come over one weekend pick up my truck and drive it then you can see for yourself but i will let you know that it is not stock i have done a few things suck as intake and exaust as well as re geard the rear end but that is what i get and I am happy as with it but my next truck will be a Toyota or a Nissan but that wont be anytime soon the Dodge has alot of life left in it

well then that is the trick huh. YOU have modded your truck to get the mileage your currently getting.... STOCK 360's won't get those numbers. Typically when someone goes out and purchases a new vehicle they don't come from the manufacturer heavily modded. it was pointless to even post your numbers not having a stock or close to stock vehicle and try to pass it off as the "norm". "normal" 360's do not get your mileage figures...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #33
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:31 AM   #34
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
awwww comeone guys, healthy debate?

lol

ok but seriously, call it brand blindness....just like how i love hondas(bikes only)

chevy makes some of the longest lasting, toughest trucks on the planet....

but what youre really looking for IS NOT a full size truck.

get a v-6 suv and you'll be good......unless youre pulling a double axl toy hauler....

comfort of a car, ride better than a long wheelbase truck. towing capacity that matches a truck.....

think gmc envoy.....chevy trailblazer(yeah yeah i have one....bad gas milage but nothing ridiculous....)......explorers are my least favorite, had one.....and it was a peice....isuzu rodeo? got one too, had NO problems till i let my ex borrow it....thing has great power for a v-6....

i really think youre looking for a full size suv instead of a truck....
lol... I have had more vehicles than I can count at this point... all brands so I have no favorites other than dodge cummins.
my ford ranger 4 banger 4 spd sucked. no power, poor mileage (cause it wouldn't tow anything or even get out of it's own way)
my s-10 v-6 did ok even though it had 320,000 miles on it when someone ran a stop sign and totalled it for me.
my f-150 300 straight 6 was prolly one of the best options that he is looking for. reliable, decent fuel consumption and plenty of power
my chevy 1 ton sucked fuel as did my 3/4 ton chevy
my chevy tahoe sucked fuel and rode like a tank
my 3/4 suburban got 8 mpg
my dodge durango was AWESOME except for the poor fuel mileage
my buick rendevous gets good mileage but quality of the product sucks azz
my 2004 chevy has been already stated in my prior post
my 1953 chevy astounds me in the quality for being so old
my ford f250 4x4 was cool but the 351 was a gas beast
my f250 6.9 diesel was a awesome truck... not much for fuel mileage though.... needed a turbo
my f-150 with a 302 was another great truck until my dad wrecked it
those were just my trucks and suv's.... don't get me started on my cars
Old 03-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #35
amber|alexis

Member Garage

i thought the scummins had the best MPG for a diesel? :dontknow:

Old 03-24-2008, 09:33 AM   #36
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

$4/gal coming to a gas station near YOU. hope you REALLY need that truck. Diesel $5
Old 03-24-2008, 09:33 AM   #37
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
well then that is the trick huh. YOU have modded your truck to get the mileage your currently getting.... STOCK 360's won't get those numbers. Typically when someone goes out and purchases a new vehicle they don't come from the manufacturer heavily modded. it was pointless to even post your numbers not having a stock or close to stock vehicle and try to pass it off as the "norm". "normal" 360's do not get your mileage figures...

LMAO heavy modded my wow bought a K&N and some flow masters LOL and the gearing I used to sell cars you can have whatever gearing you want in a rear end when you buy one new most people just dont even look at it and dont care they just buy it when i bought my truck it had way to high of gear ratio for hauling so i had to change it i dont know about you def of highly modded but jesus an air filter and some flow masters is just everyday things that people do i mean how many bikes out there have stock exaust and stock air filters? that is somthing that alot of people do as soon as they buy a truck or a bike so yeah i was right to post it i feel because if you are looking for a truck that is used a good chance is you can find it with the stuff already done and spend 150 dollars on some gears

Quote:
Old 03-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #38
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
LMAO heavy modded my wow bought a K&N and some flow masters LOL and the gearing I used to sell cars you can have whatever gearing you want in a rear end when you buy one new most people just dont even look at it and dont care they just buy it when i bought my truck it had way to high of gear ratio for hauling so i had to change it i dont know about you def of highly modded but jesus an air filter and some flow masters is just everyday things that people do i mean how many bikes out there have stock exaust and stock air filters? that is somthing that alot of people do as soon as they buy a truck or a bike so yeah i was right to post it i feel because if you are looking for a truck that is used a good chance is you can find it with the stuff already done and spend 150 dollars on some gears
the average person won't bother re-gearing a vehicle. yes k&n filters a common enough aftermarket mufflers is easy enough, though i would personally spend 500 buck on my bike instead of a muffler for a truck.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #39
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:

Reason I need a full size truck is currently I'll be towing a 6X12 loaded with over 1000 lbs, but in the future I'd like to get a toy hauler.

Another reason I'd like to get a full size truck is coming from a Boxster,M3,350z,RX8 - I'd definitly like the power (torque - only thing good in a truck ).

Also doing some long weekend test drives (borrowing friends' trucks), I realized all the V6 (small to midsize trucks), got around 16-18 mpg (city), where as all the V8 (full size trucks), got around 14-16 (city).

So a differnce of 1-2 mpg - but with benefits of having a full size truck, alot more torque, room, towing capability, etc etc. I'll take my chances. It should only be a difference of a couple hundred dollars at the end of the year in gas money right?

Besides while towing, I felt much more comfortable with the full size ones.

IMO - the best towing car I ever had was my nissan 350z, I would do 80 mph passing full size trucks (while towing), and still get 20 mph! It was hilarious!

The only reason I gave up that idea was becuase of it being a 2 seater and me upgrading to an enclosed trailer.

PS: My mom's camry tows great - as long as i'm doing under 60 mph constant. From 0 - 60 towing its takes a lifetime, uphill its scary, if you want just carpool with me next time we go to TWS (Texas World Speedway), just the (barely) hills on Highway 6 (headed towards College Station), is full of events!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #40
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
awwww comeone guys, healthy debate?

lol

ok but seriously, call it brand blindness....just like how i love hondas(bikes only)

chevy makes some of the longest lasting, toughest trucks on the planet....

but what youre really looking for IS NOT a full size truck.

get a v-6 suv and you'll be good......unless youre pulling a double axl toy hauler....

comfort of a car, ride better than a long wheelbase truck. towing capacity that matches a truck.....

think gmc envoy.....chevy trailblazer(yeah yeah i have one....bad gas milage but nothing ridiculous....)......explorers are my least favorite, had one.....and it was a peice....isuzu rodeo? got one too, had NO problems till i let my ex borrow it....thing has great power for a v-6....

i really think youre looking for a full size suv instead of a truck....
SUV not an option. I find myself wanting to & doing so - carrying 3 bikes way too many times. Whether minis or big bikes. My trailer is comfy for 2 bikes, so I'd like to be able to throw one in the bed.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement