Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #41
gem
o_O

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to gem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
+1, gotta be careful what you say and how you come across in a public setting, especially on legal matters
i'm all about that too, but they usually just check your medical records and should they feel the need to do so pretty sure they'd just come by and check you out themselves....

Attention for Rent: PM for a free quote.
Ask about the Emerald Club to see if you qualify for membership today!

gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My bike got totalled. Big_E Off Topic 26 12-30-2010 11:37 PM
VFR totalled! Evfr General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 08-13-2009 08:06 AM
Totalled Bikes... Where do they go? maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 06-22-2009 12:24 PM
She is totalled!! :( Candie General Discussion (Moto Related) 64 07-02-2008 10:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #42
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

they can hire an investigator if they need to. i havent ridden the bike, done any heaving lifting etc.

most of the time i have jason drive... usually employers hire investigators on workman's comp claims

amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #43
amber|alexis

Member Garage

i still don't see anything in this thread incriminating. I'm asking for help and inquiring about getting $$ to help with bills :dontknow:

forgives you guys, if you were in my position you would do the same thing

Old 03-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #44
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber View Post
forgives you guys, if you were in my position you would do the same thing

First off....doubtful, but wtf?

Do what ya gotta do but I think trying to sue will put you out more time/money than you originally would be if you just followed the chain of procedure. Either way, should be an educational lesson on courts and insurance claims for both sides. Let us know how it turns out.

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #45
amber|alexis

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem View Post
i'm all about that too, but they usually just check your medical records and should they feel the need to do so pretty sure they'd just come by and check you out themselves....
well like i said you can look back and previous posts and see some days i said it hurts, and some days it didnt.

arturo can fk off for all i care.

wow, is all i can say about him. Way to kick someone while they're down. i appreciate your reassurance and sensitivity to my situation. Way to be a grown up too

Old 03-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #46
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
so i'm sitting here crying because apparently the repairs for the truck are over $4k...

so...I'm out of a truck and I'm going to have to get another car. This couldn't possibly come at a worse time...especially with me trying to quit and go back to school...

Can someone look up the value of a 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe sport 2-door 5.7 L V8, power windows, door looks, driver side seat, cruise tilt, CD - 157K miles or at least, tell me how much the insurance company is going to give me for it?

Life sucks

you have good friends, your health, great personality and drop dead looks, realize, all is well in the world

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #47
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Quote:
talked to spence's mom, hopefully they'll be able to hook me up.

All i want is for them to pay off my truck, pay my medical expenses (since i'll have to go see a chiropractor) + $10K to get something else so i dont HAVE to get another car payment.

This coudln't come at a worse time since i'm trying to pay off my bills and go to school.

Getting money for the truck and the medical expenses is entirely reasonable. But $10k so you "don't HAVE to get another car payment" is ridiculous. I fail to see why you think you have to get another car payment anyways. She wrecked your 1997 Chevy Tahoe, so you're owed enough money to replace it with another car of similar value, but not something brand new.
miraculous dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #48
amber|alexis

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraculous dan View Post
Getting money for the truck and the medical expenses is entirely reasonable. But $10k so you "don't HAVE to get another car payment" is ridiculous. I fail to see why you think you have to get another car payment anyways. She wrecked your 1997 Chevy Tahoe, so you're owed enough money to replace it with another car of similar value, but not something brand new.
not asking for something brand new, heck if I could give $5k + have the remaining $2500 that i owe on it paid, that wouldn't be a problem. Just enough so that I can get something *of similar value* so i can get to and from work/school. $10k was thrown out, because i was, obviously, upset.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #49
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Hey i got an '04 explorer w/ 40k i'll sell you for $9500
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #50
amber|alexis

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Hey i got an '04 explorer w/ 40k i'll sell you for $9500
hold that thought!! i would love an exploder

Old 03-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #51
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
well like i said you can look back and previous posts and see some days i said it hurts, and some days it didnt.

arturo can fk off for all i care.

wow, is all i can say about him. Way to kick someone while they're down. i appreciate your reassurance and sensitivity to my situation. Way to be a grown up too

stfu. im trying to help you out so you dont get in trouble with anyone else in the legal system. and i am grown up about it and not going to lead you into being counter sued. you made this thread so you can get sympathy and reassurance from other people about something you knew wasnt right to do.

use insurance to bail you out isnt grown up. thats the truth and thats why you are upset at ME?! wtf, lol
Old 03-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #52
amber|alexis

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd View Post
stfu. im trying to help you out so you dont get in trouble with anyone else in the legal system. and i am grown up about it and not going to lead you into being counter sued. you made this thread so you can get sympathy and reassurance from other people about something you knew wasnt right to do.

use insurance to bail you out isnt grown up. thats the truth and thats why you are upset at ME?! wtf, lol
no im upset at the way you came off. The condescending tone on "you shouldnt finance a 97 blah blah" was extremely rude and uncalled for.

I originally created this thread for advice. This is my 1st accident ever so i dont know what to do.

I had left a message @ a lawfirm the day the accident happened, but after I spoke w/the insurance company, who stated they would pay for my truck to get fixed + rental + medical expenses, I figured I didn't need one. I would get my truck fixed, get it back and everything would be back to normal.

But now that i'm in danger of being without a vehicle + being out the $$/month because i have to get another one; then I need to ask the insurance company for a little more assistance. I figure the best way to do that would be through a lawyer. The pain in my back is increasing, I will need PT, Im sure, which would cause me to miss work etc.

I would have no problem financing another vehicle (my credit is good for a 24-yr old) IF i was in a different situation w/school. But, I will have to go full-time in the fall, and for the remainder of my time in school + attend 2 summer sessions. But, because of the circumstances, again, I'm going to ask the insurance company for some assistance.

I really appreciate your assistance in trying to not get me counter-sued ( ) but nothing that I've posted thus far can eve be slightly construed as self-incriminating :dontknow:

the other driver hit me, their license expired in 2004, so they shouldn't have even been driving, now my truck is totalled and my back is messed up. If tha'ts not a case, I dont know what is :dontknow:

I've said all i needed to say. I apologize for the way I came off earlier, I was EXTREMELY upset @ the situation, but I've spoken w/a lawyer and will be proceeding.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #53
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold

Quote:
no im upset at the way you came off. The condescending tone on "you shouldnt finance a 97 blah blah" was extremely rude and uncalled for.

I originally created this thread for advice. This is my 1st accident ever so i dont know what to do.

I had left a message @ a lawfirm the day the accident happened, but after I spoke w/the insurance company, who stated they would pay for my truck to get fixed + rental + medical expenses, I figured I didn't need one. I would get my truck fixed, get it back and everything would be back to normal.

But now that i'm in danger of being without a vehicle + being out the $$/month because i have to get another one; then I need to ask the insurance company for a little more assistance. I figure the best way to do that would be through a lawyer. The pain in my back is increasing, I will need PT, Im sure, which would cause me to miss work etc.

I would have no problem financing another vehicle (my credit is good for a 24-yr old) IF i was in a different situation w/school. But, I will have to go full-time in the fall, and for the remainder of my time in school + attend 2 summer sessions. But, because of the circumstances, again, I'm going to ask the insurance company for some assistance.

I really appreciate your assistance in trying to not get me counter-sued ( ) but nothing that I've posted thus far can eve be slightly construed as self-incriminating :dontknow:

the other driver hit me, their license expired in 2004, so they shouldn't have even been driving, now my truck is totalled and my back is messed up. If tha'ts not a case, I dont know what is :dontknow:

I've said all i needed to say. I apologize for the way I came off earlier, I was EXTREMELY upset @ the situation, but I've spoken w/a lawyer and will be proceeding.

my dad give you any advice or did you speak with someone local?!?
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #54
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Let's say you get $5000 for the value of your truck...

You owe $2500 on it...

Pay it off... leaves you with $2500...

Use $2500 as a downpayment on a new car of equal value...

Did you have GAP insurance? If so, your insurance company should cover the amount owed on the truck... and you'd just get a check for the amount your truck was valued at.

I have to agree with Arturo here... you're asking for trouble trying to make a legal claim this far after the fact. What did the hospital say when you went? If they didn't diagnose you with anything that can leave long term effects (ie whiplash) then I don't htink you have a case.

Either way, best of luck and hope things work out for you...

Advertisement