MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #21
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
Amber! So sorry about your truck. No matter what, get an attorney...

It will take longer, but in the end, tis worth it.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My bike got totalled. Big_E Off Topic 26 12-30-2010 11:37 PM
VFR totalled! Evfr General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 08-13-2009 08:06 AM
Totalled Bikes... Where do they go? maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 06-22-2009 12:24 PM
She is totalled!! :( Candie General Discussion (Moto Related) 64 07-02-2008 10:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #22
amber|alexis

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

i went to the ER the same day of the accident.

amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #23
amber|alexis

Member Garage

talked to spence's mom, hopefully they'll be able to hook me up.

All i want is for them to pay off my truck, pay my medical expenses (since i'll have to go see a chiropractor) + $10K to get something else so i dont HAVE to get another car payment.

This coudln't come at a worse time since i'm trying to pay off my bills and go to school.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #24
gem
o_O

Send a message via AIM to gem
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber View Post

All i want is for them to pay off my truck, pay my medical expenses (since i'll have to go see a chiropractor) + $10K to get something else so i dont HAVE to get another car payment.

This coudln't come at a worse time since i'm trying to pay off my bills and go to school.

did she say anything about treatments? let us know if your coming to see them so we can get together! bad reason to come i know, but we can make the best of it

Attention for Rent: PM for a free quote.
Ask about the Emerald Club to see if you qualify for membership today!

gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #25
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

Quote:

if you get 10k your buying MY dinner next time !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #26
amber|alexis

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem View Post
did she say anything about treatments? let us know if your coming to see them so we can get together! bad reason to come i know, but we can make the best of it
well kathleen said that since im too far away to come to houston to her clinic, that i should be looking for a clinic in my area
Old 03-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #27
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

so you only want to sue the insurance/driver for more damages AFTER you found out the truck was totalled and you wont have a g-ride anymore?
Old 03-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #28
gem
o_O

Quote:
well kathleen said that since im too far away to come to houston to her clinic, that i should be looking for a clinic in my area
i thought that.. but at least you got started with the process.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #29
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
or is there anyway i can sue her?

I need some help. My back still hurts, too...

Really? I couldn't tell by watching you do the "Soulja Boy" dance the other night.

Sucks to hear about your truck, really situation to be upside down in a vehicle and needing to get another one asap so you have a DD :/:

Talk to Candy on here about what you can do to attest the value of the vehice and get the most money possible out of it. You could sue, but I don't think it will get you anywhere. If everyone sued the person who hit them the court dockets would be a mile long.

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #30
amber|alexis

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd View Post
so you only want to sue the insurance/driver for more damages AFTER you found out the truck was totalled and you wont have a g-ride anymore?
i had no reason to sue #1 they put me in a rental #2 they agreed to pay my medical bills and get the truck fixed. I had no idea it's going to be totalled.

my back hurts on and off. If i sit or stand for extended periods of time. That's why I kept going in and sitting down @ the reception, with heels on especially. I also noticed the pain more when the weather changes - hi/lo pressure systems. Now that it's chilly outside it's really stiff especially in the mornings.

I only danced for 1 song, the next day on the way home i kept fidgeting, jason asked me what was wrong and i said nothing. i'm not one to complain about pain

Old 03-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #31
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

insurance is just that... insurance in case of a accident so that you are compensated and dont come out upside in most cases. they pay off your truck, get you in a rental until its fixed, and pay off medical bills. if your medical is more then you can sue, if you miss work and cant function then you sue.

thats the way it is, if you dont like it you should have payed of a 1997 or had better insurance. you might win but if i worked for a insurance company and everything was ok until you found out the truck was totalled, it would throw up a red flag.

you should have tried to hustle more money from them when you first had the accident, not now. thats even f.ucked up too.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #32
gem
o_O

Quote:
i had no reason to sue #1 they put me in a rental #2 they agreed to pay my medical bills and get the truck fixed. I had no idea it's going to be totalled.

my back hurts on and off. If i sit or stand for extended periods of time. That's why I kept going in and sitting down @ the reception, with heels on especially. I also noticed the pain more when the weather changes - hi/lo pressure systems. Now that it's chilly outside it's really stiff especially in the mornings.

I only danced for 1 song, the next day on the way home i kept fidgeting, jason asked me what was wrong and i said nothing. i'm not one to complain about pain

do they know its totaled?

Old 03-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #33
gem
o_O

Quote:
insurance is just that... insurance in case of a accident so that you are compensated and dont come out upside in most cases. they pay off your truck, get you in a rental until its fixed, and pay off medical bills. if your medical is more then you can sue, if you miss work and cant function then you sue.

thats the way it is, if you dont like it you should have payed of a 1997 or had better insurance. you might win but if i worked for a insurance company and everything was ok until you found out the truck was totalled, it would throw up a red flag.

you should have tried to hustle more money from them when you first had the accident, not now. thats even f.ucked up too.
pretty sure she's not suing the insurance, she's suing the person that hit her...

Old 03-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #34
lil_red_rider
Track Photographer

Send a message via MSN to lil_red_rider Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_rider
Aww that sucks girl...
Old 03-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #35
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

good luck with whatever you do. maybe tuan or candy can answer this but i always thought they had investigators for situations like this where they would check up on you to see if you are ok and the suing/claim is legit.

you shouldnt have posted this on the intenet after you made statements that you want more money for those reasons. my two cents.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #36
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
pretty sure she's not suing the insurance, she's suing the person that hit her...
because it was intentional or they were drunk?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #37
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
good luck with whatever you do. maybe tuan or candy can answer this but i always thought they had investigators for situations like this where they would check up on you to see if you are ok and the suing/claim is legit.

you shouldnt have posted this on the intenet after you made statements that you want more money for those reasons. my two cents.
+1, gotta be careful what you say and how you come across in a public setting, especially on legal matters
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 03-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #38
amber|alexis

Member Garage

Quote:

then delete the thread?

Old 03-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #39
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
What would happen if everyone did that? That's why we have insurance companies.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #40
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
then delete the thread?

no! and get chris or myself in trouble for trying to help your legal matter?

Advertisement