MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 10:39 AM   #21
mishka
Russian

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2000 GSX-R600

Good job, man! Pozdravlyayu!!!
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warehouse Job/Driver Job Opening Rykoson Off Topic 0 04-28-2014 03:08 PM
Be a Pot Consultant -Job Offer grsa Off Topic 17 01-31-2013 08:40 PM
Job offer theManofRussia Off Topic 2 05-16-2012 12:52 AM
Any Geology Students? *Job offer* Squoddybody Off Topic 2 07-13-2010 10:56 PM
job offer flip326 Off Topic 37 05-21-2008 11:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #22
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearalex View Post
ok so i'd like to thank Jet, Flip, Hanz, RSVR, and all others for their support in this thread: http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...t=48460&page=2

i had two interviews and my first job offer... So my current job in academia pays 50K. The job i am looking to take is in SF bay area (yay!) and it will start at 75K for the first three month but then will increase to about 100 (with the potential of 200K in a few years)

tomorrow i have another interview and will try to get an offer from that company too - it is in houston. I'll ask them to pay 80.

Both jobs are very similar - work for a small software company helping their customers understand their needs and communicate those needs to the engineers (for "office space" fans - its the job of the guy that said "I have people skills, what the f*ck is wrong with you people")

I lived (professionaly) through the downturn of 2001-02 and this is nothing like that. I know banking and real estate industries are struggling but everything else is booming... I am going to try to get into energy sector too...

thanks guys!

Have you looked into Mustang Engineering? we are always hiring
Old 03-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #23
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Good job, man! Pozdravlyayu!!!
spasibo. ny chto ty poexal by v sf?
Old 03-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #24
Htownz

Member Garage

Congrats. Remember to negotiate everything! Relocation, Sign-on Bonus, COL adjustments. You get what you negotiate, not what you deserve. When you got two offers in hand, you can really work out a good deal. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #25
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

lol bout time you get the out of texas, been telling you for months, haha so what you goin to do?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #26
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
That is awesome man, just think your just getting started. There are all kinds of opportunity out there, figure out where you want to be in life and go after it. I am sure that if you continue the search you will see the money get higher than what you have seen so far, dont take the first offer. See what other companys have to say, unless your ready to jump and you like the company then take your time. I wouldn't be surprised if you find something local making that kind of money or better. There would be no moving expense and the price of living here is cheap. Something obviously to thank about. As for thanking us, well really thank yourself for putting the resume together and seeing what is out there. Just think this is just your first couple responses, there are more to come.

J
Thanks again, man, I really meant it. I was feeling fearful and doubtful about impending change. I didn't want to embark on changes so I was stuck in my current position. But support from folks here gave me that extra little confidence that i needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownz View Post
Congrats. Remember to negotiate everything! Relocation, Sign-on Bonus, COL adjustments. You get what you negotiate, not what you deserve. When you got two offers in hand, you can really work out a good deal. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.
See i have somewhat different point of view: To me my starting salary doesn't play such a big role (although of course it matters otherwise why make the move, right?). I think if they hire me for what they consider "cheap" and then i prove to be a nice employee - they will make me feel appreciated later on including the raises and etc. While if they hire me but hate the money they pay me they would always have the bad feeling about it. you see? I mean it's better to exceed expectations than to fall short... But i appreciate your support and push of confidence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
lol bout time you get the out of texas, been telling you for months, haha so what you goin to do?
Yeah dude, you were never really welcoming to me in here so i may as well just go...
Old 03-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #27
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

lol what you got planned for the weekend, you get the new bike yet? the z1
Old 03-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #28
mishka
Russian

Bike(s):
2000 GSX-R600

Quote:
spasibo. ny chto ty poexal by v sf?
Why not if the offer is good!
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #29
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):

I am cagin to baytown wings tomorrow...
Old 03-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #30
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
See i have somewhat different point of view: To me my starting salary doesn't play such a big role (although of course it matters otherwise why make the move, right?). I think if they hire me for what they consider "cheap" and then i prove to be a nice employee - they will make me feel appreciated later on including the raises and etc. While if they hire me but hate the money they pay me they would always have the bad feeling about it. you see? I mean it's better to exceed expectations than to fall short... But i appreciate your support and push of confidence...
I see you mention money/COL quite a bit. I always shoot high on my entry point. I find companies respect you more. You can only leave a good impression asking for more. If you agree with the initial offer, you left money on the table in my opinion. Do what you gotta do though on the inside. I just find negotiating everything upon entry vital to your growth even after inside.

Advertisement