MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #41
ruthlessimage
2007 GSX-R 600

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
Well I got my new tv today THANX PIMPRICE for helping me out. I ended up going smaller since the TV was going to be in a small study room and think I over did it when I purchased the 42" tv. I mean the room is 10'x14' and that is even maybe over shooting it. So I ended up going with a 32" Sony Bravia XBR with a 120hz and wow its like night and day. Sux not to have the Wifi from the HP but screw that I perfer a better picture, to just having wifi that connects the tv to my laptop.
it only has a Contrast Ratio: 8000:1 , it still sucks, but it is 100x better than your 1500:1 ratio tv, i see best buy has the tv for $1,329.99 ,

you should have gone with the samsung 42' plasma at sams with tax its 1250.00 with a ratio of 15,000:1...but as long as your happy thats all that matters.
ruthlessimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marchesini forged aluminum wheels or 50" LED HDTV? xhangyx General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 12-12-2009 03:01 PM
Need a kitchen or small bedroom sized HDTV? DvlRacer Off Topic 10 07-31-2009 12:46 PM
Isle of man on HDTV RACER X Taking it to the Track 20 07-21-2009 05:31 PM
Question A303 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-01-2006 05:55 PM
got a question need your help on GSXR question Racer X 05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 08-05-2005 01:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2008, 10:51 PM   #42
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

I saw a Samsung 42" but that didn't have the 120hz which give the picture a 3d effect and I don't know if Pimprice would want me to post the price but I'll say that it wasnt $1329.99. Not knocking what your saying and trust me I am still looking at tvs for the future for my Living Room maybe a 63", but that is still in the air. I was told not to by some one once (not pimprice) not to base my decision on just the contrast ratio because what 1 point value is to one company maybe different for anothers. I do have to agree with Cubangixxer the 120hz was like omg... I want my tv with that. <~~Especially with bluray
Old 03-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #43
PimpRice
TEAM BLT

Feedback Rating: (4)

Send a message via AIM to PimpRice
yup, the contrast ratio means absolutely NOTHING. there's no industry scale, so each manufacture can make up their own "contrast ratio" sony is ALWAYS going to have the lowest contrast ratio, but consumer electronics will always rank it in the top 3 if not #1.
PimpRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:35 AM   #44
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

^ where do you work? do you have a TV hookup?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:30 AM   #45
ruthlessimage
2007 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpRice View Post
yup, the contrast ratio means absolutely NOTHING. there's no industry scale, so each manufacture can make up their own "contrast ratio" sony is ALWAYS going to have the lowest contrast ratio, but consumer electronics will always rank it in the top 3 if not #1.

ok
Old 03-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #46
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
Quote:
I saw a Samsung 42" but that didn't have the 120hz which give the picture a 3d effect and I don't know if Pimprice would want me to post the price but I'll say that it wasnt $1329.99. Not knocking what your saying and trust me I am still looking at tvs for the future for my Living Room maybe a 63", but that is still in the air. I was told not to by some one once (not pimprice) not to base my decision on just the contrast ratio because what 1 point value is to one company maybe different for anothers. I do have to agree with Cubangixxer the 120hz was like omg... I want my tv with that. <~~Especially with bluray
isnt it amazing!!! So what Blu-Ray player did you get?
I get every time i watch a 120hz, cause I really wish I could have gotten one. But my TV was going in my living room, which is a good size, so my options were to get big tv w/o 120hz or a small tv w/ 120hz ... I chose the size. Hopefully in a year or so, the price will go down and Ill get a 46" XBR w/ the 120hz and I'll move my current 46" upstairs into the game room!
CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #47
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
Hey PimpRice, where do you work at?
CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #48
ruthlessimage
2007 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Explain the difference you noticed between the New Tv and the old TV, Im just curious

Advertisement