MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #21
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
Did I win yet???
Sorry, I'm winning
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RideSmart Trivia Contest - May 30/31 @MSRC - TIME DEADLINE! Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 1 05-26-2009 11:57 PM
RideSmart Trivia Contest - April 25 @ MSRH Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 11 04-19-2009 01:49 PM
RideSmart Trivia Contest - May 26, 2008 @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 2 05-22-2008 11:26 PM
RideSmart Trivia Contest - March 10 Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 26 02-28-2008 08:31 PM
New Moto Trivia Contest - RideSmart Prizes Ridesmart General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 02-08-2008 06:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2008, 12:01 AM   #22
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Got it in... right at the buzzer!!
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:02 AM   #23
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

12:02, who are the winners already?!?! Good luck to all who entered!
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 03-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #24
Ridesmart

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Sorry for the delay guys. It has been a hectic 2 days for myself (buying a house, etc).

I got my special lottery hat out and placed the names into it.
But before I announce the winners, here are the answers the questions:

1. Rossi won his first 500cc World Championship in his rookie year.
Answer: A) - FALSE

2. Valentino's fiercest rival during his motogp career was:
Answer: C) - Max Biaggi
Biaggi was considered Rossi's arch-nemesis throughout their time together in the top class of motorcycle racing. Valentino often claims that the media's habit of taking quotes and twisting the words to make them seem more serious and insulting was largely to blame for the escalated rivalry.

3. Which of the following is Rossi's regular pre-ride ritual(s):
Answer: D) - All of the Above
Valentino is a very superstitious person, and all his rituals are well-known. The first ritual (touching his boots) was the inspiration for the 2004 TV theme-tune "Are You Ready Boots?". He also once revealed in an interview that he always puts one boot on before the other and one glove on before the other, and he always gets on the bike in the same way.

4. Which well-respected chief racing engineer did Rossi take with him, when he moved from Honda to Yamaha in 2004?
Answer: A) - Jeremy Burgess

5. Which two natural elements are a prominent part of Rossi's livery and helmet designs?
Answer: B) - Sun and Moon
Rossi chose to use these two symbols because he says they reflect the two sides of his personality - away from the track he is bright and light-hearted whereas on the track he is more dark and aggressive.

6. Trail braking is the art of being able to brake with your rear brake and allow the bike to slide into a corner. It is a bad idea on the track, and it is a bad idea on the street (especially if one is a very experienced rider).
Answer: B) - FALSE

Trail braking, when learned and executed properly is a great tool in the arsenal of any rider, street or track. Among some benefits are improved front suspension stability through a turn, as well as improved traction on the front wheel.

I assume you all want to know the winner...here are the results - according to my name drawing hat:

First Name drawn: FlipSideUp - CONGRATS !!

Second Name drawn: gunshotwound - CONGRATS !!

Third name drawn: Meaner-n-u - CONGRATS !!

Process: I will pm the first person drawn, who will choose the prize he/she wants (out of the 3 available).
Then, I will pm the second name drawn, who will choose out of the remaining prizes.
Then, the third name will be contacted announcing the remaining prize left for them.

Great job everyone. We will be back with another contest in the next week or two.

O yeah, almost forgot, you should all thank Texlurch since he provided correct answers for you
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #25
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Congrats Rob, Gunshot, and Meaner!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #26
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Again, it is really great to see you guys participate. Get some friends to join in too. RideSmart is planning to host many of these. Great time to have an opportunity to ride on the track and not having to dish out as much dough.

Thanks again. Will be back in a week or so.
When I know who chose what, I will post to finalize this round of contest.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #27
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Awesome!!

Man, I think I've won something in every single thing I've entered so far on MotoHouston!!! WooHoooooooooo!!!!!
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #28
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Woot Woot! Leave me something good guys!!! (All the prizes are good - I know, I know!)
Old 03-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #29
Chino
We need Emotional Content

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
R6's

Congrats to all the winners and a big thanks to ridesmart for hosting this contest...:HC:
Chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #30
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Sorry for the delay.

The following is the final standing for this contest:

First Name drawn: FlipSideUp - 50% off at a ridesmart track day.

Second Name drawn: gunshotwound - free bike cam video

Third name drawn: Meaner-n-u - free leathers and boots rental at a ridesmart contest.

Once again, we would like to thank all participants for making this fun.
We will be back with another one shortly, so stay tuned.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:15 PM   #31
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

YES! That's what I was hoping to WIN! YAY!!!

Advertisement