MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008, 08:52 AM   #121
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
Then you better get to work! You can do it Mike!
Just waiting to get my cylinder back so I can put the motor back together.

Oh, and I need to build my front wheel. Anyone have tips on that? I have the spoke kit and I will be picking up the rim today.

I got the suspension back last week but I really need to get the motor back together before I can do anything else.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So I'm at the dealer getting Motarded!! :p BYRDMAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 02-24-2011 04:24 PM
Motarded -where to ride? mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 21 06-19-2009 08:35 AM
attn motarded ! the 2009 KX450F will get FI ! jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 2 06-26-2008 09:01 AM
Im thinking about becoming motarded. less_than_coop General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-06-2007 01:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #122
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR View Post

Oh, and I need to build my front wheel. Anyone have tips on that? I have the spoke kit and I will be picking up the rim today.

I got the suspension back last week but I really need to get the motor back together before I can do anything else.
Mike we need to get hold of Scott (Squanto) he knows how to lace a wheel together. Try to get him and I'll see if I can tonight when I get home.
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #123
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:

do a search here for me "SM project" i think i did a little write up on the wheel building, it's pretty simple just a little time consuming. all you need really are a set of jack stands, some safety wire, a camera, and TIME!!! i can help if you need it! just let me know.. i'll do it for you for free.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #124
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:

take pictures of the wheel before tear down as reference. also, prepare yourself for a potential headache, mind teaser. When you get the right order of putting the spokes in, it will take you 20-30 minutes to build, but it might take you two nights and a six pack to find that order.

Good luck, it's really not that bad.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #125
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 560 Supermoto, Ktm 450 supermoto
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto
A whole wharehouse full..

Im reply to Mr Hudsons question. I have many freinds with the AMA. I Am reffering to the local guys who raced at moody gardens like . Eric Murphy, David Lambert, Steve Weslik. Thomas Borderlon is new to the game but he is signed up to run all AMA events. I am helping him with his effort. He is on his way to CAl as we speek to run the supermoto this weekend but is not an AMA event. I have tried to Reach Keven Schwantz and Colin Edwards but to no avail at this time. I think both are outa town. Just trying to get everyone together for one day is a task in itself. I hope this is a good showing for David and his track because he is in the process of negotiations with several promoters to put in a permanent supermoto dirt course. I am tring to get the Ok superbiker guys from OK and Ark to come down here for some events as well as some of us going up there way. I think it will all work out in the long run. Just as always we here in central usa are always the last to get moving. with the price of gas nowdays we may have to team up and all ride togehter and split costs to go outa state. I am looking at another 40 foot race trailer rig. I sold the semi a while back. Im not going to pay $5.00 a gallon for desiel. Hopefully the weather will be nice on MAy 3rd. Are you up for a practice race??? Draw numbers for grid positions and run a few laps. That would be fun... W
Old 04-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #126
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

i'll be moving myself to the back of the grid! i'll be great lap traffic!

this will be my first time to ride the 426 on the track, so hopefully the dirt and minis pays off.

as far as rolling out of state, i'd be game for it, and pitching in for gas money and whatever if there's a spot for my bike.

Thanks Wes for all your initiative and enthusiasm for growing the sport.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #127
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer View Post
Im reply to Mr Hudsons question. I have many freinds with the AMA. I Am reffering to the local guys who raced at moody gardens like . Eric Murphy, David Lambert, Steve Weslik. Thomas Borderlon is new to the game but he is signed up to run all AMA events. I am helping him with his effort. He is on his way to CAl as we speek to run the supermoto this weekend but is not an AMA event. I have tried to Reach Keven Schwantz and Colin Edwards but to no avail at this time. I think both are outa town. Just trying to get everyone together for one day is a task in itself. I hope this is a good showing for David and his track because he is in the process of negotiations with several promoters to put in a permanent supermoto dirt course. I am tring to get the Ok superbiker guys from OK and Ark to come down here for some events as well as some of us going up there way. I think it will all work out in the long run. Just as always we here in central usa are always the last to get moving. with the price of gas nowdays we may have to team up and all ride togehter and split costs to go outa state. I am looking at another 40 foot race trailer rig. I sold the semi a while back. Im not going to pay $5.00 a gallon for desiel. Hopefully the weather will be nice on MAy 3rd. Are you up for a practice race??? Draw numbers for grid positions and run a few laps. That would be fun... W
i thought u meant real AMA supermoto racers

tell ur boy Thomas Bordelon to be sure to come out lets see what he's got...

as far as a practice race on the 3rd... im down for it, but you better check with Tim (Godsuki) first.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #128
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
as far as a practice race on the 3rd... im down for it, but you better check with Tim (Godsuki) first.
no promises, but we may be able to do a mach race at the end of the day...

You guys need to go ahead and register before this event.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #129
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

I don't know what you are tring to start here sir. But i am not going to go there. Im sure you are the fastest guy out there i could care less. Talk your smake and see where it gets you. Im coming out to enjoy myself. Im not out to prove anything. I had my share of the limelight. And yes i do know quite a few pro's. If you are coming out to have fun then fine . If you are coming to prove somthing just don't do it around me. Am i clear to you.!! I won't put up for any PERIOD!! Thomas is not out to prove anything either. He don't have to . He's in the big show already.. Enjoy your day sir.. W

Last edited by ktmracer; 04-23-2008 at 11:29 AM.
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #130
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

Quote:
I don't know what you are tring to start here sir. But i am not going to go there. Im sure you are the fastest guy out there i could care less. Talk your smake and see where it gets you. Im coming out to enjoy myself. Im not out to prove anything. I had my share of the limelight. And yes i do know quite a few pro's. If you are coming out to have fun then fine . If you are coming to prove somthing just don't do it around me. Am i clear to you. I won't put up for any PERIOD!! Enjoy your day sir.. W

I think you are taking Jody WAY too seriously. It's all in fun around here.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #131
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

lol, ya, that seems to just be jody. Wait till he says he's gonna use you as a berm!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #132
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Then i will use him as a jump LOL!!! Im used to the smack talk. Been doing this to long. No problem here. Just letting him know where i stand. I just spent a $1000.00 on a new set of leathers and new get up. I'll mix it up. I may be 50 yrs old but in can hang.. WOO!! HOO!!

Last edited by ktmracer; 04-23-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:36 AM   #133
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
I don't know what you are tring to start here sir. But i am not going to go there. Im sure you are the fastest guy out there i could care less. Talk your smake and see where it gets you. Im coming out to enjoy myself. Im not out to prove anything. I had my share of the limelight. And yes i do know quite a few pro's. If you are coming out to have fun then fine . If you are coming to prove somthing just don't do it around me. Am i clear to you.!! I won't put up for any PERIOD!! Thomas is not out to prove anything either. He don't have to . He's in the big show already.. Enjoy your day sir.. W
That's just Jody. He's mostly bark. He is much like me, in that we love to stir the pot. But he knows this is just s track day, and I can assure you everybody will be on their best behavior, except me of course, cause I'm going to make a few berms in the mini class!

Jody, you two kiss and make up!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #134
jodyhudson

Quote:
I don't know what you are tring to start here sir. But i am not going to go there. Im sure you are the fastest guy out there i could care less. Talk your smake and see where it gets you. Im coming out to enjoy myself. Im not out to prove anything. I had my share of the limelight. And yes i do know quite a few pro's. If you are coming out to have fun then fine . If you are coming to prove somthing just don't do it around me. Am i clear to you. I won't put up for any PERIOD!! Enjoy your day sir.. W
it was a joke SIR ! .... hence the i aint talkin no smack JACK . the way u slung the AMA riders thang aound, i just figured u rode with sum heavy hitters. thats all. i could care less about provin anything to u Wes. im sure there aint squat to prove so wipe ur misty eyes i was just merely wantin to know who id get to play with out there.... PERIOD and i hope u have a wonderful day as well Wes !
Old 04-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #135
jodyhudson

Quote:
Then i will use him as a jump LOL!!! Im used to the smack talk. Been doing this to long. No problem here. Just letting him know where i stand. I just spent a $1000.00 on a new set of leathers and new get up. I'll mix it up. I may be 50 yrs old but in can hang.. WOO!! HOO!!
thats the spirit Wes ! thats what i wanna hear !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #136
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
That's just Jody. He's mostly bark. He is much like me, in that we love to stir the pot. But he knows this is just s track day, and I can assure you everybody will be on their best behavior, except me of course, cause I'm going to make a few berms in the mini class!

Jody, you two kiss and make up!
ill be sure and give him a big hug on the 3rd !
Old 04-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #137
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Dude im old school. I was banging bars with the likes of Keven Schwantz Doug Polan, Jamie James, Larry Scwartzbach. I do know Jeff Ward, Mcrath, And a few others. I have been in the motorcycle industry40 years. A lot of those guys were just kids. I am testing the waters at this time to see if i want to do this again. Things have changed so much since i first took my 1974 Honda xl 350 to the Austin Aquafest road races in 1975. I was the laughing stock of the race. People called me idiot stupid . What was i thinking. when iwent to pick up my trophies i got no cheers or applause just he cheated and no fair on @ on. Guess what showed up at the races the next year? 80% dirtbikes Ha . So who was the idiot?? It gos on from there... I have 3 mortages and 3 kids. An ex wife i have to pay a bazzillion in child support on and on. A motorcycle store i have my life invested in. I can't afford to get hurt!! Im there with the mass... By the way i won 4 moto's that day in Austin. I even won the 750 class. That had to have been the best day of my life. To see the faces of those racers. Duh what was that?? Funny

Last edited by ktmracer; 04-23-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #138
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Dude im old school. I was banging bars with the likes of Keven Schwantz Doug Polan, Jamie James, Larry Scwartzbach. I do know Jeff Ward, Mcrath, And a few others. I have been in the motorcycle indusry 40 years. A lot of those guys were just kids. I am testing the waters at this time to see if i want to do this again. Things have changed so much since i first took my 1974 Honda xl 350 to the Austin Aquafest road races in 1975. I was the laughing stock of the race. People called me idiot stupid . What was i thinking. When i went to pick up my trophies i got no cheers or applause just he cheated and no fair on @ on. Guess what showed up at the races the next year? 80% dirtbikes Ha . So who was the idiot?? It gos on from there... I have 3 mortages and 3 kids. An ex wife i have to pay a bazzillion in child support on and on. A motorcycle store i have my life invested in. I can't afford to get hurt!! Im there with the mass...
are you old school? Or just really old?
Old 04-23-2008, 12:04 PM   #139
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Both. Pretty bad Huh?? Fat outa shape bald. Grumpy!! Now thats dam bad HuH??
Old 04-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #140
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote: