MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2008, 07:25 AM   #81
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
I think you have this all wrong Jody. You asked if anyone was interested in doing a motard only track day, and I asked the owners if they would support it, because of everyones interest, including mine! None of that money will find it's way into my pocket, but rather TTD is providing a service that no one else has offered.

They are generous enough to do this, and since you guys asked for it, and they already have the track booked, it only makes sense. Regardless of who promotes this motard only track day, no track is going to unlock it's gates and let you ride for free! If you would rather ride with another organizer, then by all means knock yourself out, and nobody will care either way. Don't assume that this is an evil ploy by TTD to steal your hard earned money and sucker you in to doing one of our events.

Because I ride mini tards, this immediately had my interest, and I applaud you for having the idea! However, like the old saying goes, ", Cash, or Grass, no one rides for free."

Happy Easter Jody!

Tim
first off... i never said anything about riding for free. its the part about you saying there must be 50 entries in order for this to be a motard only track day. ... ur beloved TTD's hasnt even been able to get 50 people to sign up for any of their trackdays thus far whether they ride big bikes, minis or motards. i can do simple math tim... 50 X $140 = $7000. all i see here is that TTD is trying to double their money or they arent interested. so if you really wanna be "generous". take out the mandatory amount of entries and then you will be speakin my language. if yall take a loss on it, you guys should be used to that by now

Last edited by jodyhudson; 03-24-2008 at 07:28 AM.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So I'm at the dealer getting Motarded!! :p BYRDMAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 02-24-2011 04:24 PM
Motarded -where to ride? mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 21 06-19-2009 08:35 AM
attn motarded ! the 2009 KX450F will get FI ! jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 2 06-26-2008 09:01 AM
Im thinking about becoming motarded. less_than_coop General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-06-2007 01:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2008, 08:46 AM   #82
kingralphthe3rd
larry's fan club manager

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 1K (SOLD!!) 08 GSXR 750 & 07 DIZZER 400, 09 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
first off... i never said anything about riding for free. its the part about you saying there must be 50 entries in order for this to be a motard only track day. ... ur beloved TTD's hasnt even been able to get 50 people to sign up for any of their trackdays thus far whether they ride big bikes, minis or motards. i can do simple math tim... 50 X $140 = $7000. all i see here is that TTD is trying to double their money or they arent interested. so if you really wanna be "generous". take out the mandatory amount of entries and then you will be speakin my language. if yall take a loss on it, you guys should be used to that by now
Old 03-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #83
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

I'm down for a TTD mini/motard day. I've never rented a track before by it seems that it would be a lot easier if it's held by an organization like TTD.

What's the alternative? A bunch of guys pooling their money together and renting the track? Would they even allow that? If that is the case, what about EMT's, cornerworkers, track marshalls, insurance, etc?

If we decide to do this, I can start a thread on HoustonMotoCross.com. Maybe we can get some of those folks in.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #84
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadseasoN View Post
I'm down for a TTD mini/motard day. I've never rented a track before by it seems that it would be a lot easier if it's held by an organization like TTD.

What's the alternative? A bunch of guys pooling their money together and renting the track? Would they even allow that? If that is the case, what about EMT's, cornerworkers, track marshalls, insurance, etc?

If we decide to do this, I can start a thread on HoustonMotoCross.com. Maybe we can get some of those folks in.
I GUEES YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO OAK HILL....
Old 03-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #85
MadseasoN

Quote:
I GUEES YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO OAK HILL....
Is this trackday going to be at Oak Hill or GSS?
Old 03-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #86
jodyhudson

Quote:
Is this trackday going to be at Oak Hill or GSS?
if youd go back and read the thread from the beginning... i stated GSS ! i thought you were the genius here
Old 03-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #87
MadseasoN

Quote:
if youd go back and read the thread from the beginning... i stated GSS ! i thought you were the genius here
I am. But that's beside the point.

My point was, Oakhill and GSS are two different tracks with different rules and policies. GSS may not allow you to rent the track for 20 people. This TD is a good idea so why not piggyback on a trackday that's already booked? Personally, I don't mind paying $10-$15 or even $25 more for EMT services and all the other stuff that TDD would bring.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #88
jodyhudson

Quote:
I am. But that's beside the point.

My point was, Oakhill and GSS are two different tracks with different rules and policies. GSS may not allow you to rent the track for 20 people. This TD is a good idea so why not piggyback on a trackday that's already booked? Personally, I don't mind paying $10-$15 or even $25 more for EMT services and all the other stuff that TDD would bring.
if TTD's wants to do an all motard trackday. thats awsome ! but dont say there has to be 50 entries or its not gonna happen. that just lets me know right there what the main goal is. makin money. personally i dont give a flyin who puts it on.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #89
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
if TTD's wants to do an all motard trackday. thats awsome ! but dont say there has to be 50 entries or its not gonna happen. that just lets me know right there what the main goal is. makin money. personally i dont give a flyin who puts it on.
To fill the grid at GSS, TTD only allows 60 riders total for the day. The #'s was intially lowered already. In order to get only tards out there, you guys are basically reserving the track. I am sure that even the 50 won't be met, but it is a goal to work toward. I have every confidence that TTD would be willing to work with whatever numbers you guys come up with, but the goal here is all tards. No one is trying to get rich off of this Jody!

Lighten up, we're all on the same team here, and help promote this event instead of assuming TTD is out to get rich. I really want to see this happen, and grow into something very big, just as you do.

I remember Buck's all girls track day last year. He toled them if they wanted only girls, they had to get 30 entries. They didn't reach that goal, but he let them do it anyway and it was an awesome event.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #90
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
To fill the grid at GSS, TTD only allows 60 riders total for the day. The #'s was intially lowered already. In order to get only tards out there, you guys are basically reserving the track. I am sure that even the 50 won't be met, but it is a goal to work toward. I have every confidence that TTD would be willing to work with whatever numbers you guys come up with, but the goal here is all tards. No one is trying to get rich off of this Jody!

Lighten up, we're all on the same team here, and help promote this event instead of assuming TTD is out to get rich. I really want to see this happen, and grow into something very big, just as you do.

I remember Buck's all girls track day last year. He toled them if they wanted only girls, they had to get 30 entries. They didn't reach that goal, but he let them do it anyway and it was an awesome event.
ill send u a PM. call me
Old 03-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #91
Mad Max

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Mad Max
i'll come out and blow the spiderwebs out of the motard for this. i'm interested in trying out GSS... maybe a regular TTD also.

...now just to get the dang thing started.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #92
DustinJ

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

Send a message via MSN to DustinJ
If we can get this put together I'll bring out a 450 and play.
CMRA Expert #979
Sponsored by: AAA Lift Trucks Racing, Sunny Motorsports, RaceWorx / Jim Cambora
DustinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #93
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
i'll come out and blow the spiderwebs out of the motard for this. i'm interested in trying out GSS... maybe a regular TTD also.

...now just to get the dang thing started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinJ View Post
If we can get this put together I'll bring out a 450 and play.
Now we're talking! Dustin put your name up there on the list are we want get it put together.
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #94
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

i'm looking at the schedule right now, and 9 out of 10 dentists say I will be there...
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #95
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

ummm.... Dustin is already going to be there because he is a TTD instructor! He doesn't count as an entry unless he wants to pay!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #96
DustinJ

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

Send a message via MSN to DustinJ
I'm just saying I'll bring a motard around. I've actually never ridden it, a buddy is gonna let me borrow it hopefully for this weekends Grandsport Event as well.
CMRA Expert #979
Sponsored by: AAA Lift Trucks Racing, Sunny Motorsports, RaceWorx / Jim Cambora
DustinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #97
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

not a tard.... YET!

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #98
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

. a 2smoke! i gotta ride that one.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #99
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
working on a motoped

It's in about 20 pieces right now. Took it apart for a good cleaning, suspension rebuild, new tires/front wheel, and gearing.

You need to get one yourself so we can play!

Old 03-30-2008, 04:23 PM   #100
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
working on a motoped

The guy I bought this from had a KX60 also. He wants $650 for it. It's on CL.
http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/623824055.html

He's retired Coast Guard so I told him I would pass it along.

Advertisement