Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #61
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Chad where's Scott? Man he better get signed up!
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So I'm at the dealer getting Motarded!! :p BYRDMAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 02-24-2011 04:24 PM
Motarded -where to ride? mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 21 06-19-2009 08:35 AM
attn motarded ! the 2009 KX450F will get FI ! jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 2 06-26-2008 09:01 AM
Im thinking about becoming motarded. less_than_coop General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-06-2007 01:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #62
Usmc_pratt

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
04 R1

yes

Just put a deposit on an 08' ktm 690 smc. The wait is going to kill me.
Usmc_pratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:27 AM   #63
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc_pratt View Post
Now that's way cool! When do you think you'll get it?

Come we need a few more to do the same thing.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:36 AM   #64
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc_pratt View Post
Woot Woot!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #65
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:22 AM   #66
jodyhudson

Old 03-22-2008, 08:29 AM   #67
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
WELCOME TO MOTARDIN THAT IS AN ISSUE U JUST DEAL WITH. EVEN THE AMA PROS HAVE THIS ISSUE. THERE IS NO FIX FOR IT UNTIL HONDA BUILDS A WIDER SWINGARM.
There is a sort of fix. Get yourself a chain roller, build a little bracket out of aluminum and mount it on the swing arm to stop the chain from swinging inward. As you can see the chain clears the tire when it's stopped but when you start moving it hits one time and then starts bouncing back and forth. I've seen people do this and it works well, I've thought about doing it on my XR but as of right now I'm just running a 150 instead of a 160 rear.

If you don't understand what I mean I may be able to draw it in the picture for you.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #68
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
There is a sort of fix. Get yourself a chain roller, build a little bracket out of aluminum and mount it on the swing arm to stop the chain from swinging inward. As you can see the chain clears the tire when it's stopped but when you start moving it hits one time and then starts bouncing back and forth. I've seen people do this and it works well, I've thought about doing it on my XR but as of right now I'm just running a 150 instead of a 160 rear.

If you don't understand what I mean I may be able to draw it in the picture for you.
IVE SEEN THAT TOO. BUT WHEN U START RIDIN THE OUTTA THE THING. IT STILL HAPPENS. TRUST ME. IVE BEEN BUILDIN AND RIDIN MOTARDS FOR 5 YRS NOW. UNTIL THE SWINGARM IS WIDER (LIKE MY APRILIA SXV 550 WAS) UR STILL GONNA GET THE CHAIN RUBBIN ON THE TIRE. ITS NOT HURTIN A THING. JUST RIDE THE OUTTA IT AND DONT WORRY ABOUT IT
Old 03-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #69
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
Texas Track Days will give you a Motard only day, at GSS on Saturday May 3rd or Sunday May 4th! I need 50 registrations, and the track is all yours! Mini too! We'll let big tards eun at the top of the hour and minis at the bottom! All of this action for only $140, lunch included!

How does this sound?
thats a pretty tall order man... not sure houston has that many motard junkies out there.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #70
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

does the stunt bike qualify as a motard
Old 03-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #71
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
if this happens after i get one, you know i'm in. or maybe squanto will be a UBER nice kat and let me borrow his......
I have 2 of them
Old 03-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #72
jodyhudson

Quote:
Texas Track Days will give you a Motard only day, at GSS on Saturday May 3rd or Sunday May 4th! I need 50 registrations, and the track is all yours! Mini too! We'll let big tards eun at the top of the hour and minis at the bottom! All of this action for only $140, lunch included!

How does this sound?
sounds like your trying to make a bunch of money to me ! sumhow i knew youd stick ur nose in this thread and out ur TTD B/S. i dont give a flyin about makin TTD any money. im not lookin to make a dime on this deal. i just wanna give the motard community a chance to come out and ride together and have fun without sportbikes in the mix. i would like to see the sport of supermoto grow here in houston. cause right now there arent any tracks available for this sport. in the past 5 years that ive been riding motards here in texas... GSS seems to be the most suitable track for them. even the track manager of GSS seems interested in it. so thats what this thread is about Godsuki... not makin u and ur buddies at TTD money !
Old 03-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #73
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Old 03-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #74
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

I think you have this all wrong Jody. You asked if anyone was interested in doing a motard only track day, and I asked the owners if they would support it, because of everyones interest, including mine! None of that money will find it's way into my pocket, but rather TTD is providing a service that no one else has offered.

They are generous enough to do this, and since you guys asked for it, and they already have the track booked, it only makes sense. Regardless of who promotes this motard only track day, no track is going to unlock it's gates and let you ride for free! If you would rather ride with another organizer, then by all means knock yourself out, and nobody will care either way. Don't assume that this is an evil ploy by TTD to steal your hard earned money and sucker you in to doing one of our events.

Because I ride mini tards, this immediately had my interest, and I applaud you for having the idea! However, like the old saying goes, ", Cash, or Grass, no one rides for free."

Happy Easter Jody!

Tim
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:11 PM   #75
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

I'd be interested. I have an XR100 we just started riding (notice I didn't say racing, as we aren't anywhere near competitive) with TMGP this year. I also have an XR400R motard (street legal) that I have had for a few years. It's nowhere as fast as the CRF450's etc, but it is near bulletproof and is a grin a minute.

If you haven't tried a motard, you are missing out on a lot of fun that is at an entirely different level from a typical sportbike. Cheap to pick up bikes already sorted that just need some TLC. You don't have to go pick up a new one. Insurance is cheap also!
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #76
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

So how many of you talkers has signed up to do the track day? If we don't get enough people signed up it's not going to happen and this is all just a bunch of smack.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #77
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

I Talked to some CMRA guys and some TMGP boys this weekend when I was at the races in Cresson. They all were sold on the idea. I talked to some motard guys from Ak and Ok, and they suggested Saturday since they were druving so far.

Lets see what kind of response we get, and we may just split the grid if we have to. Lets look at the total # of riders at the end of the week and go from there!
Old 03-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #78
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
I Talked to some CMRA guys and some TMGP boys this weekend when I was at the races in Cresson. They all were sold on the idea. I talked to some motard guys from Ak and Ok, and they suggested Saturday since they were druving so far.

Lets see what kind of response we get, and we may just split the grid if we have to. Lets look at the total # of riders at the end of the week and go from there!
That sounds fantastic! Man I'd sure like to see this get pulled off. Will these guys you talked to know how to commit and sign up? Saturday would be best for me too.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #79
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

^^
I gave them all of info
Old 03-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #80
Bagwell

Bike(s):
Various Equipment for various uses.
Dirt, Street, Track, Dual Sport, I like em all.

Man, I would be down for it, but I am gone that weekend and the next. It just happens to be the annual mc trip to NC/Tenn. DOH. Let me know if you do it again or another date. I would love to bring big and lil tard out there.

Thanks
Bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement