MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #241
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
they were all on 450's & bigger. u wont have much fun riding a 250. bring the biggest displacement motard you got.
I was on a XR400R air cooled Honda. There was at least one KLX 400 (same as DRZ400 I think) out there also. The XR is not as fast as the others, but it handled well enough to have some fun. I use it on the street also and it is bulletproof without needing lots of maintenance.

I have been reading that the new Yamaha 250 street legal motard has some sack. Might be a good choice for a lighter bike.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So I'm at the dealer getting Motarded!! :p BYRDMAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 02-24-2011 04:24 PM
Motarded -where to ride? mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 21 06-19-2009 08:35 AM
attn motarded ! the 2009 KX450F will get FI ! jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 2 06-26-2008 09:01 AM
Im thinking about becoming motarded. less_than_coop General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-06-2007 01:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2008, 04:26 AM   #242
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 560 Supermoto, Ktm 450 supermoto
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto
A whole wharehouse full..

Thanks Jody. I wasnt reading all the way through. I kept seening Absolute. That can have different menaings with different clubs. Usually a rule allows for a overbore incase of damage or seizure but evidently not in this case. I got a big decision to make. I already bored the cases for a 315cc. Cant go back now. Think i will by a new set and build another motor or maybe find a used set on ebay.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:24 AM   #243
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer View Post
Thanks Jody. I wasnt reading all the way through. I kept seening Absolute. That can have different menaings with different clubs. Usually a rule allows for a overbore incase of damage or seizure but evidently not in this case. I got a big decision to make. I already bored the cases for a 315cc. Cant go back now. Think i will by a new set and build another motor or maybe find a used set on ebay.
like or boy Weselik always says... " If you aint cheatin, you aint winnin !" put that thing together and run it. unless ur blowin away the entire field, i doubt anyone will say anything

Last edited by jodyhudson; 05-06-2008 at 08:29 AM.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:28 AM   #244
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
I was on a XR400R air cooled Honda. There was at least one KLX 400 (same as DRZ400 I think) out there also. The XR is not as fast as the others, but it handled well enough to have some fun. I use it on the street also and it is bulletproof without needing lots of maintenance.

I have been reading that the new Yamaha 250 street legal motard has some sack. Might be a good choice for a lighter bike.

Staton
sorry guys i forgot about yall
Old 05-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #245
Gateman

Feedback Rating: (0)

Read rules again......Super Motard is max of 250F machines. The same 250F's run in the Clubman class as well when sprint racing. Look a little further you will read Unlimited Motard rules. There is where you will find the 450F's and up in displacement bikes. There are a few bikes that are beyond this rule, but don't sweet it. I have yet to see a KTM 690 on the track.

For you guys with mini's see the Formula rules. More direct see divisions F4...F5...F6...and F7 rules. For what it's worth you fellows out there with a Kaw. 250 Ninja can run in the Formula 4 mini division as well as sprint race this bike in E Superstock and in Clubman.

This coming weekend is Hallett. If you have your Licenses great. If you don't the school is still $75 but the trackday is FREE.

After Hallett is Oak Hill next month. Point is there is an 8 hour Mini Endurance and it is also a cross-over event with TMGP. If still no Lic. school is again $75 but there is a LSTD Trackday fee. I believe it is $110. Big Bike Sprint are always on Sunday.
Gateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #246
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
sorry guys i forgot about yall
No worries!

By the way, there was one bike out there with larger dual exhaust. I thought it was a larger (600cc plus) KTM. I think it was pitting with the LSTD trailer by the gate. fast rider and a kick @$$ bike. Any idea what cc or specs on the bike? I wonder because I am converting my 1996 KTM 620 EXC to motard use.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #247
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
No worries!

By the way, there was one bike out there with larger dual exhaust. I thought it was a larger (600cc plus) KTM. I think it was pitting with the LSTD trailer by the gate. fast rider and a kick @$$ bike. Any idea what cc or specs on the bike? I wonder because I am converting my 1996 KTM 620 EXC to motard use.

Staton
It is Kurt Nicoll's ex-2007 HMC factory KTM Unlimited race bike. it started out as a 560 SMR but is 610cc now. the guy riding it is my friend Mike Ingle. he is gonna race it in the AMA Unlimited class this year.

Advertisement