MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #181
Mad Max

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Mad Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer View Post
I got cut off. The coil is $40.00 and dont for get a spark plug cap . They go bad also. $32.00 A stator Is $160.00 The cdi is around $165.00 but i doubt it is the CDI. With the pricing of fuel nowa days you are going to pay around $75.00 to red somthing in 1 day Blue 2 day $50.00 or so.. Good luck...

bike was a true pain to start...i kicked and messed with it for 30 minutes saturday (cleaning the pilot jet twice in that time). broke down an pulled the spark plug and had zero spark that i could see. started measuring resistances..primary resistance looked normal, but the secondary resistance between the primary terminal and plug cap was open. pulled the cap off...still open, yanked the wire off of the coil, and it was open comming strait from the coil.

i checked the resistances of the pulse generator and exciter coil, and they looked fine. hoping it is just the coil.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So I'm at the dealer getting Motarded!! :p BYRDMAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 02-24-2011 04:24 PM
Motarded -where to ride? mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 21 06-19-2009 08:35 AM
attn motarded ! the 2009 KX450F will get FI ! jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 2 06-26-2008 09:01 AM
Im thinking about becoming motarded. less_than_coop General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-06-2007 01:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #182
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 560 Supermoto, Ktm 450 supermoto
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto
A whole wharehouse full..

Sounds like you did your homework. Hope you find one...
Old 04-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #183
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Well looks like im out. Dam theives stole my toyhauler from the shop last night. Guess what. Had my new lethers,boots helmet and gloves in there. They hooked on and drug it off with all the jacks still down. I had this thing locked up as tight as you could and they still took it. Im screwed for a few weeks looks like usnless a miracle happens. Thank they didnt get my bike. They tried. Broke the front glass out of the store tried to take it but was cabled up big time.. Man lock up your stuff no matter what.. W
Old 04-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #184
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Well looks like im out. Dam theives stole my toyhauler from the shop last night. Guess what. Had my new lethers,boots helmet and gloves in there. They hooked on and drug it off with all the jacks still down. I had this thing locked up as tight as you could and they still took it. Im screwed for a few weeks looks like usnless a miracle happens. Thank they didnt get my bike. They tried. Broke the front glass out of the store tried to take it but was cabled up big time.. Man lock up your stuff no matter what.. W
Hot dang that really me off! I hate hearing like that and this affects all of us. Man I was looking forward to you being out there. I'll probably be the only old guy now. Any chance we can help you out?
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #185
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Thanks for the offer guy. I really wanted to be there also. I was here most of the day yesterday while the glass guys were reinstalling the glass that got broke last week when they tried to steal my bike out the front of the store. I had 3 windows replaced in the toy hauler because they broke them out last week also. 300.00 for that. Then i get to the store this morning only to find an empty spot and all the cables cut and my driveway gouged to max were they just hooked up and hauled . This sucks big time. I would drive my truck but my 3 kids all girls wanted to come also. They dont like the heat so they would be soon . I guess i could drop them off at their grandmothers nursing home just over the tracks there on 2004. Their grandma ownes that one on the right and 4 others down there but i would have to get them early. So im going to try to work somthing out... But i may not be able to get more lethers by the weekend. !@#$%^&
Old 04-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #186
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

You could come and stay as long as you feel like you should. I'll bet Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited could hook you up with leathers also. You know getting out there and riding would take some of the sting off what he holes did.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #187
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Patrick and me don't see eye to eye. He was very rude to me one day when i helped a customer of his get a bike to his shop. He chewed me out for being 10 minutes late. That did it for me.. Id rather just stay away from him.. Just have to see how this plays out. Heck now they are talking bad wether on Saturday. Dam wether guessers..
Old 04-30-2008, 07:22 AM   #188
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Patrick and me don't see eye to eye. He was very rude to me one day when i helped a customer of his get a bike to his shop. He chewed me out for being 10 minutes late. That did it for me.. Id rather just stay away from him.. Just have to see how this plays out. Heck now they are talking bad wether on Saturday. Dam wether guessers..
if it rains... throw rain tires on.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:30 AM   #189
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Saturday is a high of 84, low of 62! That sounds like great weather to me! We also provide leather rentals Wes. go to www.texastrackbikes.com and reserve your pair
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #190
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
Saturday is a high of 84, low of 62! That sounds like great weather to me! We also provide leather rentals Wes. go to www.texastrackbikes.com and reserve your pair
Have you gotten many more sign ups?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:10 PM   #191
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
Have you gotten many more sign ups?
HAVENT CHECKED TODAY AS OF YET...

to those that are planning on attending but haven't signed up yet, you will be charged an extra $15 at the track for registration
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #192
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
i signed up today and patrick and brandon got me set with leathers and all the goodies
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #193
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekrew View Post
i signed up today and patrick and brandon got me set with leathers and all the goodies
awesome stunting may become secondary now!
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #194
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Well guys it seems like the gods are against me this month. After red lableing more new leathers and riding gear so i could go Saturday. They hit me again last night except this time they drove a truck through the front of the store tring to get my supermoto and a ttr90. Somone wants this thing bad. Well they distroyed mt front of the store and now i have been here since 3:00 am cleaning up. Now i have to stay here till the glass guys can get here on Tuesday to repair the place. Have fun and stay safe. Let me know how the race goes with the girl and the guy. W
Old 05-02-2008, 10:16 AM   #195
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

wes that sucks sorry to hear that ...

trackday ?
what do most people wear under their leathers
how much gas can i expect to go through
ummmm thats it for now i guess
Old 05-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #196
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
wes that sucks sorry to hear that ...

trackday ?
what do most people wear under their leathers
how much gas can i expect to go through
ummmm thats it for now i guess
sorry to hear that Wes!! that really sucks bro..

Mekrew, you should bring prolly 10 gallons of fuel, prolly won't use it all but better to have too much than not enough.

Under Armor under the leathers.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #197
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Well guys it seems like the gods are against me this month. After red lableing more new leathers and riding gear so i could go Saturday. They hit me again last night except this time they drove a truck through the front of the store tring to get my supermoto and a ttr90. Somone wants this thing bad. Well they distroyed mt front of the store and now i have been here since 3:00 am cleaning up. Now i have to stay here till the glass guys can get here on Tuesday to repair the place. Have fun and stay safe. Let me know how the race goes with the girl and the guy. W
dude!

where the f@#K is your shop? I gotta couple shotguns and some beer if you wanna camp out waiting for these mother fkers to come back again!
I'd take pleasure in plugging a few of those pieces of !
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #198
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

wes, have you looked into video surveillance ?

james any other things i might be forgetting to bring?
bike
myself
water
gas
uhhhh thats all i can think of
Old 05-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #199
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:

bike
myself
water
gas
food & shade !!! bring a canopy. there are no garages or canopies there, so bring an EZ UP if u got one. bike stand & tools just in case u need to work on ur bike.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #200
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:

bike
myself
water
gas
NEVER forget the key! may want to start hydrating TODAY with some G2, oil, stands, tools, tools, tools, and more tools.

Extra helmet (just n case, i always have 2 with me)

i usually bring spark plugs but i run a 2 stroke also. see the thread in the racers section that patrick made, that'll help out alot.

Advertisement