MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
badman
Banned

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 GSXR 750 ALL BLACK BABY

User is banned

badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My plan is to crowd source a plan Thayleal General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-05-2015 04:11 PM
for those that try to diet healthy jptshadow Health and Fitness 22 10-12-2011 09:33 PM
just wondering houseofpaint Off Topic 20 06-13-2007 03:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #2
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

HOOTERS !!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

I just go with those supplemental vitamins and mineral paks, with my fair share of weight lifting and cardio. It seems to keep my metabolism up. Beleive it or not, I felt like I saw it slowing down last year.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #4
badman
Banned

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 GSXR 750 ALL BLACK BABY

User is banned

badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
melissa claire
hardy har har

Bike(s):
a honda and a suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman View Post
I am looking to start a good healthy diet along with excercise. I have gained a load of weight over the past 3 years and its came down to me needing an extreme makeover before it gets any worse. I was wondering if anyone out there can help me out with what foods to get and what amounts to eat.
Dies and exercise plans are not a one size fits all thing. what works for one person might not work for another. Age, , body shape (Ecto, Endo, Mesomorph) body composition, food allergens, schedules, previous injuries, all come into play.
I would honestly recommend you to go see a nutritionist named Dr. keith Klein he is one of the best around houston if not the best. he takes all of the above into account.
http://www.eatingmanagement.com/keithklein.htm
melissa claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:14 AM   #6
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Dies and exercise plans are not a one size fits all thing. what works for one person might not work for another. Age, , body shape (Ecto, Endo, Mesomorph) body composition, food allergens, schedules, previous injuries, all come into play.
I would honestly recommend you to go see a nutritionist named Dr. keith Klein he is one of the best around houston if not the best. he takes all of the above into account.
http://www.eatingmanagement.com/keithklein.htm
+1 mel claire seems to know her chit
Old 03-17-2008, 07:46 AM   #7
melissa claire
hardy har har

Bike(s):
a honda and a suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by matemike View Post
+1 mel claire seems to know her chit
Thanks, but far from it. I don't even believe in set/regulated diets.
melissa claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 AM   #8
Mic

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
C14
WR450
CRF110F
TTR110

Send a message via AIM to Mic Send a message via MSN to Mic
After I took a desk job I started putting it on around the middle. I read about some different diets and picked South Beach. Using the principles of the diet, I was able to drop ~30 lbs (almost 190 to 145, 6'1" tall) and lean out pretty well. I was able to adapt the main principles of the diet to suit me and my lifestyle and I did well with it.

The biggest change was when I got off of prepared foods and started taking the time to actually make all of the food that I eat. Everything was fresh and it's much easier to control what you put in your body. It was a Huge timesink though. I'd spend all Sunday evening preparing snacks and lunches for the week and I'd spend an hour or so after dinner preparing dinner for the next day.

I've been off of a strict diet for a while now and I'm in the 160's. I may need to start this back up again, I just don't know where I'll find the time.

One thing that you should keep in mind: If you are eating more calories in a day than you burn, you are constantly adding weight. The biggest change that most people can make is to get rid of all or a majority of the empty calories from their diet. i.e. soda, juice, beer, candy, etc. At my weight, I'd need to jog 1.5 miles for every can of regular soda I drink just to burn it off.

Smaller but just as important is substituting what you are eating at meals for something that will make you feel full, but isn't as calorific. As an example, when I started my diet I was eating two large muffins (basically 4 servings) and 2-3 servings of OJ in the morning. It added up to something like 1500+ calories. I had calculated my recommended daily caloric intake for my activity level to be around 2500 or so. I was waaay overdoing it. I swapped for a large cup of yogurt and a large banana which together was around 2-300 cals. I was still satisfied in the morning, but I was no longer eating all these excess calories that were just getting distributed around my midsection.

I'm not endorsing the SBD over any other diet, it just worked well for me and my wife. The most important part of any diet is self control.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #9
vertigo

Bike(s):
07 Busa, 03 busa, 08 Artic Cat ATV, 08 CRF50

Send a message via AIM to vertigo
Get a nutritionist, I use Keith Klien here in houston, made the biggest difference in the world.
08 CRF 50
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #10
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Look into a detox diet to begin with. This is something you work your way into and out of for a few months if you have not done it before. Otherwise you are liable to shock your body and end up in the hospital. After getting all the out of you begin introducing more healthy solid foods back into your diet. At that point look at your calories and activity levels. You really are what you eat so think about that every time you end up in a fast food line.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote