MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 11:26 PM   #21
Mikey_B

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 gsxr 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
no no no. i was MADE to pull over by the cager. long story. but he was a douche, and deserved what he got. what i SHOULD have done was just call the police on his , but my momentary lack of intelligence got the better of me. we as riders get cut off and run out of our lanes all the time, just part of the game.
Yea I figured that was much true.. after the fact that it happened I didn't let it shake me up too much more just because I figured it must come with the territory.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kicked the Sh*t out a ladys car this morning. kbexperience General Discussion (Moto Related) 85 03-14-2014 02:08 PM
I should have kicked a mirror off today... GABRIEL General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 10-10-2013 05:08 PM
car accident today :( randomwalk101 Off Topic 33 10-20-2010 06:35 AM
Car trailer today? gtdrivr Car Forum 1 09-17-2009 11:42 AM
HELP - Need Car Dolly today! Squanto84 Off Topic 2 01-26-2008 12:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #22
Mikey_B

Bike(s):
2004 gsxr 600

alright guys well thanks for the positive and ... not so positive feed back I suppose.. maybe I will jus have to calm my down when like that happens..
Old 03-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #23
rob g
baller_mexican

Bike(s):
honda cbr 600rr

Send a message via AIM to rob g
i would of taken my helmet straight to there side view mirror or window.. cagers need to learn how to look all around its not hard .... so wit that side view missin they have to turn around and look right ? right!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #24
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_B View Post
Yea I suppose so.. It was just the first thing that came to my head.. I gotta control the situation a little bit better I suppose.. I get angry quick, espically cause im still nervous to even be on a bike.. so when someone cuts my friend off and then me in one turn of a wheel.. I just lost it.
not trying to sound like racer x here but have you taken MSF if not take it it could save your one day.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #25
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
alright guys well thanks for the positive and ... not so positive feed back I suppose.. maybe I will jus have to calm my down when like that happens..
alway remember this rule of thumb never go for a ride when you are off. never get off when you are riding. never let a ride you off. totally ruins this this expensive hobby and can be dangerous and stupid sometimes.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #26
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob g View Post
i would of taken my helmet straight to there side view mirror or window.. cagers need to learn how to look all around its not hard .... so wit that side view missin they have to turn around and look right ? right!!!

^^not the kind of actions we promote around here sir.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #27
rob g
baller_mexican

Bike(s):
honda cbr 600rr

Send a message via AIM to rob g
ha jk i wouldnt do that .. i would just simply honk and wave and smile at them
Old 03-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #28
Ridesmart

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Quote:
It was the first thing that came to my mind.. what should I have done.. smiled and waved at the ... She carlessly cut us off, on a bike that is an attempt on my life.

Not sure how old you are, but kicking doors does not show maturity.
Going through life, you will find out that you will not always get your way, and that yes, there are some arseholes out there who are careless and plain retarded.
Just got to learn to live with all that, and let it be. No sense getting in trouble over someone cutting you off.
I guess dumb people are all the more reason for us bikers to be more vigilant and pro actively assess situations, rather than react to them.
Some are right, kicking doors is not going to help the biker community. Now the person has a story she will share with dozens of non-bikers, who will get yet another negative opinion of us.

Please help us get rid of this image, and try to keep it cool. I dealt with it by staying off the street. Now only ride the track, and do not have to worry about kicking people's door, etc.
Now, if dhdrider comes up at the track and gets ready to pass me, that may be a reason for a gentle boot ... (trying to be Hopkins and pretending you are Checa at Laguna last year, I guess). J/K dhd.

I know many cagers are brainless when it comes to driving with bikers, but try to just let it go...no need for vandalism...could only get you into more trouble. Ride Safe, ride Smart
Old 03-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #29
badman
Banned

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
09 GSXR 750 ALL BLACK BABY

User is banned

Old 03-16-2008, 12:09 AM   #30
Mic

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
C14
WR450
CRF110F
TTR110

Send a message via AIM to Mic Send a message via MSN to Mic
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman View Post
Ive actually been side swiped by a truck and have the scars to remind me...
That's probably the best reason not to kick someone's door. If you are close enough to kick them, they are close enough to knock you off the bike with a quick turn of the wrist intentional or not. You don't have to be a genius to know who's gonna win if the car clips your bike.

Quote:
call it what you must, What would everyone would do?!?!? I just wana know what all you riders do when someone makes you slam on ur brakes and scares the out of you.. What do you do ?!?
When you're riding down the street, it's a good idea to always assume that a car is going to do something that will endanger you. If you see a car waiting to pull out, start planning what you will do when they pull out and wait for a sign that they are starting to move.

It's better to be surprised that a car didn't pull out and be prepared for it, then the other way around. Same thing with people sitting in a position to make a left across your lane of traffic. Assume that those people don't see you, plan your escape route and be anticipate what bad drivers are going to do.

I'm not saying that you can prevent every accident from happening, but you need to be aware of your surroundings and minimize the chances that cagers have to cause you harm.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:15 AM   #31
PimpRice
TEAM BLT

Feedback Rating: (4)

Send a message via AIM to PimpRice
nah! i agree with mikey. i think cagers need to learn to look twice. i bet they'll look twice next time. most cagers will just brush off the birdie, and go on with life, and then when they do hit someone, you'll all be on here flaming the cagers. some people just need drastic measures to learn a hard lesson.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:37 AM   #32
poser
Banned

Bike(s):
something slow

User is banned

Old 03-16-2008, 02:01 AM   #33
coojo
Uber Newb

Bike(s):
2004 ninja 250

My only bad experience with a biker was one who ran a red light. We were second at a light, it turned green and first car made right turn, then this guy on a big cruiser speeds past as we're turning and flicks us off... I am sure his bike was big enough and going fast enough to have seriously injured my girlfriend who was driving and, much like your door kick, I felt like catching up and door-checking the son of a , but that would have only ended badly. Knowing that, on my motorcycle, I just try to make sure I don't make any other driver's get that upset with me. If that involves going a little slower or an extra stop or two, no biggie.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:40 AM   #34
badman
Banned

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
09 GSXR 750 ALL BLACK BABY

User is banned

Old 03-16-2008, 02:49 AM   #35
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

may have been your first time somebody;s done that ya, but it certainly won't be your last. learn from and try to avoid it next time, cuz it'll happen again.

and someday you may kick the door on somebody who as immature and hot headed as you. cage > bike
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 03-16-2008, 03:12 AM   #36
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Let's just say if I was in my trans am and I didnt see you which is possible."my car has huge blind spots" and you kicked my car you would have been in a WORLD of trouble.

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
Old 03-16-2008, 03:16 AM   #37
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

yea u gotta look for cars lol they are way bigger than u. but maybe that will make them think twice or maybe just think. i am constantly checking my mirrors and lookin for potential death traps when i ride. if u havent take msf it will just put in your mind what to look for its up to u if apply the skillz yea with a z
Old 03-16-2008, 04:17 AM   #38
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped

Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
IBTL!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:19 AM   #39
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I am surprised no one recommended kicking a mirror off... I thought that was the standard response?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
Old 03-16-2008, 07:32 AM   #40
Mikey_B

Bike(s):
2004 gsxr 600

Yea I have taken the msf course, msf course can't teach you esp though... the car did not even try to stay in the suicide lane.. it went straight across the suicide lane and then both lanes on the road... Simply a carless driver not paying attention.. even if I was a car instead of a bike she would have cut me off.. but like I said sence im on a bike its like an attempt on my life..
Closed Thread

Advertisement