MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
D-Mo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'06 FZ6

Flat Tire

I got a flat yesterday and was just wondering how practical or safe it is to patch or otherwise repair the tire. I called the dealership and they said they wouldn't do it because of liability issues and referred me to some other place, but that got me wondering. I really don't want to replace the tire already because it is practically new (less than 1000 miles), but if I do have to take the loss I'll go ahead and replace the front tire also so any suggestions on good street tires and where to get them would be appreciated. I had been leaning towards the pilot road^2s prior to this, but I could only find them online, and I really need them tommorow at the latest.
D-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flat Tire Prothos General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 05-01-2011 11:30 PM
flat tire, need help. Vicious Vic Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 5 06-09-2010 06:10 PM
Flat tire SpeedCheeser General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 04-25-2009 04:07 PM
Flat tire Spectre5922 General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 11-27-2008 01:23 AM
Flat tire....need help RRCBR General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 04-20-2006 11:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
eh people say don't do it but I did and still was able to ride six thousand miles until it was time to replace it. I ride A LOT and never had problem. I plugged it then took it straight to a shop who would patch it. that shop is no longer in business lol so I don't know where to tell you to go
+1 i did the same thing, same shop lol

had i bought a brand new pilot power 2ct.. about 500 miles later had a nail... took it in, got it patched from the inside and rode around 6-7000 miles on the tire before replacing it.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #3
D-Mo

Bike(s):
'06 FZ6

Yeah thats what I was hoping to do. The place the dealership referred me to is called 'on the border motorcylce & scooter sales' or something, they quoted me less than $40 before tax forgot to ask how long they take though.
Thanks yall
Old 03-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

Did you buy it new, if so, tires usually come with warranty from the place they were put on the rim. Check it out, even something like picking up a nail is covered and they may replace the tire for free, or very little $ if that.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
D-Mo

Bike(s):
'06 FZ6

Yeah I bought it from the dealership I had called and they didn't mention anything about a warranty. Guess I could call back and ask them about it specifically, but they won't be open until Tuesday.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

hey befor you go pay 40 bux to them pm me ill get that price down for you a bit
Old 03-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #7
D-Mo

Bike(s):
'06 FZ6

Took it to the shop and they showed me what had penetrated the tire, I was freakin amazed. Ended up with a hot lapped (I'm guessing) pilot power (190! Fat tire scene here i come) on the back for $45 and the same 6,000 mile old bt-020 on the front. best of both worlds? New tires are in order within the next month, really want the pilot road 2s but a set is like 4 bills.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #8
D-Mo

Bike(s):
'06 FZ6

Question Pics

Here is the hole, and here is what caused it!

Advertisement