MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
Tricki

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Suzuki Gsxr 750 Anniversary

What can I do? I need advice!

To make long story short...I purchased a new upper fairing for my bike online from a shop in Cali. The shop sent the wrong one. I put it back in the box and sent it back immediately but I did not buy shipping insurance. The fairing was damaged in the return back. I got into a contest because they are not wanting to take the loss or send me the one I ordered because the fairing is damaged. My argument is that they sent the wrong one in the first place and it's not my fault it got damaged. What would be my wise choice? I'm thinking of telling them to send me the broken fairing and I can sell it and buy another new else where. What do you guys think? The shop is really not wanting to settle this easily! I am out the price of the fairing and 2 times shipped! Both sides are not willing to give!
Tricki is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need so advice!!!!!! conrad83 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 08-22-2014 08:42 PM
Need advice dj77 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 05-10-2013 12:33 AM
Need Some Advice luckyxdevil1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 06-09-2012 11:00 AM
Need some advice K. Oliveira Performance and Modifications 7 05-24-2009 10:41 PM
I need some advice and help. Falkryte Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 23 08-05-2008 09:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Did your conversation end with yelling back & forth ?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

I'll give you JonErics #

Sick the Guns on them!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
Tricki

Bike(s):

Yeah we both were yelling and she would not give an inch or even close to seeing this was all caused by their mistake! I know I should have bought the shipping insurance but it is not my fault for the damage ya know! We both agreed to end the conversation and talk tomorrow after we cool down.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #5
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

i would get the fairing back and sell it. It is on you because you didnt buy the insurance even though they sent you the wrong thing. And getting it back would let you see the actual damage. They might be trying to rip you off.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
did you happen to pay for it with your credit card?

If so you may try calling your card and disputing the charge.

Once i had a conflict with a hotel management - i paid for the room with my credit card. Checked out the room (it turned out to be very dirty) so i left and asked for a refund. They refused the refund, so i made my CC get on their ...
Old 03-13-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
Tricki

Bike(s):

I paid through paypal so they already have their money! I think I'll ask for the damage upper and sell it and buy another one some where else. That chick had me so mad! I'm very easy going but I'm still !
Old 03-13-2008, 10:12 PM   #8
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricki View Post
Yeah we both were yelling and she would not give an inch or even close to seeing this was all caused by their mistake! I know I should have bought the shipping insurance but it is not my fault for the damage ya know! We both agreed to end the conversation and talk tomorrow after we cool down.
Yeah cool down and talk to someone higher up tomorrow . What is the name of the company ?
Old 03-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #9
Tricki

Bike(s):

cycles unlimited in Cali ......I've dealt with 2 peeps... a shop guy who was very nice to work with and the other is the biotch who handles the shipping/paper work.....I'm a small guy but if she was a man and located here...I just might have punched her in the kisser!...lol I gotta laugh to keep from cryin' at this point!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #10
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearalex View Post
did you happen to pay for it with your credit card?

If so you may try calling your card and disputing the charge.

Once i had a conflict with a hotel management - i paid for the room with my credit card. Checked out the room (it turned out to be very dirty) so i left and asked for a refund. They refused the refund, so i made my CC get on their ...

Even though the company sent the wrong fairing but if tricki sent it back in the same shape and form then it would be okay to dispute the charge but the fairing was damaged by shipping company. Just imagine that you are the seller, what would you do?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #11
Tricki

Bike(s):

I am trying to look at this with an open mind but they are in retail so they should be willing to work things out or think of a way we can agree on something. I bought the right/left fairings as well so I've spent some $$$ at their shop. If I was the seller and I sent the wrong item I think I would carry at least SOME of the fault. I value all your opinions though!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:51 PM   #12
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Even though the company sent the wrong fairing but if tricki sent it back in the same shape and form then it would be okay to dispute the charge but the fairing was damaged by shipping company. Just imagine that you are the seller, what would you do?
seller should have sent the correct fairing.. they made a mistake they need to eat it up. i dont see why tricki has to pay for THEIR mistake.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #13
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
I am trying to look at this with an open mind but they are in retail so they should be willing to work things out or think of a way we can agree on something. I bought the right/left fairings as well so I've spent some $$$ at their shop. If I was the seller and I sent the wrong item I think I would carry at least SOME of the fault. I value all your opinions though!
If it is their fault, they should discount the shipping that you paid, plus send the broken fairing back to you at their cost. That's is the way I would do business but that's just me.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:14 PM   #14
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearalex View Post
seller should have sent the correct fairing.. they made a mistake they need to eat it up. i dont see why tricki has to pay for THEIR mistake.
I am sure they would give tricki a new/correct one if they have it back in original condition. As for most business policy, you break you buy.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:39 PM   #15
Tricki

Bike(s):

Yes they would have without a doubt.... but I no breaky....US Postal service breaky!! But I know they don't see it that way.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:49 PM   #16
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Did they send it to you insured? ..check their site and return policy, if it doesn't say anything about needing to 'insure' it, then I'd say that's their problem not yours.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #17
Tricki

Bike(s):

Well they sent it Fed Ex insured and it would have been insured for the return. But I was ticked off and in a hurry so I sent it back US Postal sevice near the airport cuz it's open 24 hrs. Now after the fact I see the return shipping would have paid for and insured.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:59 AM   #18
ysr612

Bike(s):
Transalp, DRZ, Hurricane

Quote:
I paid through paypal so they already have their money! I think I'll ask for the damage upper and sell it and buy another one some where else. That chick had me so mad! I'm very easy going but I'm still !
send an email to paypal. I had a problem with one of the vendor on paypal and it was cleaned up right away. your original order should have what you ordered on it.
ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:34 AM   #19
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

file a complaint also with the cali BBB
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:23 AM   #20
Tricki

Bike(s):

Well let me give a follow up on my situation....I talked with the shop owner today for quite sometime. He was really cool. He also apologized for the way I was treated by his employee and for the mix up. Monday he is sending me a new fairing with an invoice, shipment tracking, and insuance. He also said he would gimme a discount on my next order. So I am happy now and would use them again just as long as I don't have to deal with the biotch!

Advertisement