MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2005, 09:43 PM   #1
Mr_Bmw

Feedback Rating: (0)

need some help from some riders...

Ok heres whats going on. There is a guy that is selling a 95' Yamaha FZR600 bike. He is telling me that his son got a DUI on the bike or something about a year ago and is now selling it. He says that he hasnt ran it since about July when this problem happened. He said that he went to drain the gas from the bike and removed the fuel pump and when he did that he saw a little more fuel in there or something and decided to hook his 12 volt battery up to the bike and attempt to get the rest out?? i am not sure what exactly that means but im guessing he took the pump out and then decided to try to run the rest of the gas off the bike with the pump out?? He says that he thinks it needs a new fuel pump and that he bought a used one from somewhere offline for like 250 bucks and that he put it in and that it either ran for 5 minutes or didnt run at all. He is located in Spring Texas which is like 5 minutes away from the woodlands. I really really want to buy a bike but dont know alot about them so im not sure what this bike needs to be a good running bike. He is saying that i am free to bring some people over to look at the bike and all this but i dont know anyone else. Does anyone have an idea whats goin on here or is close to there and would be willing to go over to his house and take a look? I would be willing to pay a little for your time. I just want a bike bad but dont wanna get screwed. Thanks and let me know.

Ryan
Mr_Bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4/28/10 M&G 7PM - Riders Helpin Riders Pasadena Hooter's Flip Events, Meets and Rides 221 05-09-2010 10:44 PM
11/17 M&G 7PM - Riders Helpin Riders – Wings Pizza N Things Flip Events, Meets and Rides 136 11-18-2009 04:30 PM
For Racers, Track Riders, Street Riders, Cruisers yellowjacket General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-21-2009 09:20 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Re: need some help from some riders...

Ryan,
If you want, arrange to have it brought by the shop on Tuesday, we can do an in depth check out for you.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:55 PM   #3
Mr_Bmw

what do you charge? that sounds good but im in college at sam houston and money is tight...plus not sure how i would get it there....
Old 09-24-2005, 09:56 PM   #4
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

$64.00, not much to find out if you're getting a good deal.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 10:15 PM   #5
Mr_Bmw

ouch...anyone else? i will keep that in mind
Old 09-24-2005, 10:20 PM   #6
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bmw
get use to it. owning a bike is a hobby and NEVER cheap.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:33 PM   #7
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Take it to Patrick. right:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:15 PM   #8
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
if $64 is expensive to you, you are clearly not ready to get into sport bikes. ask anyone on this board...IT IS AN EXPENSIVE HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
Old 09-24-2005, 11:52 PM   #9
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los

What kind of deal is he hooking you up with? I say you pass that a look somewhere else. Chances are with a bike that old you are gonna be replacing a lot of parts soon if nothing has been changed at all.
Did you know that a rear tire can cost up to $175 installed depending on what you get and my last oil change cost me $30 and that was to do it myself. It does get expensive. right:
Old 09-25-2005, 01:50 PM   #10
Mr_Bmw

He wants 1500 for the bike. It has like 10k miles and looks really good but i dont know about bikes really. I mean i like waht that reply said saying that with an older bike it will tend to break on stuff. Well i dont want that happening but dont know how im supposed to get a beginner bike for cheap without getting a klunker. I dont wanna go out and make my first bike be a gsxr600 or r6 and me go down on it. That would suck and with me only have ridden my 04 honda shadow 750 and never been on a sportbike i dont know waht its like. I am not sure what im going to do.
And about the $64 its not that i cant afford it but how am i supposed to get the bike there? i dont have a truck or anything. And then lets say i get it there. He tells me all this thats wrong w/ it and that is prob not worth my time well then im out 64 bucks for nothing. I dont know what im going to do but gettin a sports bike is fustrating!!
Old 09-25-2005, 02:13 PM   #11
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
He wants 1500 for the bike. It has like 10k miles and looks really good but i dont know about bikes really. I mean i like waht that reply said saying that with an older bike it will tend to break on stuff. Well i dont want that happening but dont know how im supposed to get a beginner bike for cheap without getting a klunker. I dont wanna go out and make my first bike be a gsxr600 or r6 and me go down on it. That would suck and with me only have ridden my 04 honda shadow 750 and never been on a sportbike i dont know waht its like. I am not sure what im going to do.
And about the $64 its not that i cant afford it but how am i supposed to get the bike there? i dont have a truck or anything. And then lets say i get it there. He tells me all this thats wrong w/ it and that is prob not worth my time well then im out 64 bucks for nothing. I dont know what im going to do but gettin a sports bike is fustrating!!
Well i rather be out $64 then to be out $1500. Why don't you just tell the guy to get it running so you can at least take it for a ride to see how it runs. I would not want to buy a bike that I have not seen/hear run. Check for damage to the frame, wheels and swingarm. I would even looks for damage on the rearsets and barends. Those are good places to look to see if the bike has been down. If you can negotiate the price to $1000 since you obviously haven't seen it run. Then you can use the extra $500 to fix whatever it might need. Also make sure you have money for gear too. right:
Old 09-25-2005, 02:14 PM   #12
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Also have you tried lookin at and Kawasaki ninja 250's? They are usually in that price range and are great starer bikes too.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #13
Mr_Bmw

Thanks for the help bigdawg. I think i am going to screw the 1500 dollar bike unless he tells me he gets it running. I am going to see about getting a 600 and just spending some more money. Thanks for the help and if you know someone selling a 600 for about 3-3500 lmk
Old 09-25-2005, 10:05 PM   #14
mrclean
Squid Pro Quo

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda XL 600
Blackbird
RC51
1000RR
CB 350

Remember when you get an older sportbike, say a "95, it is the mounting tabs on the plastic that will probably break first. Those are the plastic parts where the screws go in to keep the fairings together. My tabs broke on my '96 VFR on a bump and the tabs broke off causing the whole taillight section to come out. Never found it. Ended up getting a whole new plastic tail section ($275)

Don't worry baout the $64. Information is invaluable and Patrick knows his . Ninja 250 is good and later on, you can resell it almost for the same amount you bought it for.

Can you afford the insurance? Proper gear? $175 tires? T$200 tuneups?
Get used to it.

Save your pennies!! and Good luck!

mrclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:28 AM   #15
cytukyl

Bike(s):
01 red/white R6 badass edition
1996 honda cbr f3 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
ahhhh man u asked for this flame, i got an f3 and i screwed on it, i already spent over 1300 bucks on it(well around it) ask andy and metric(mostl mechanical, not cosmetic yet, im getting there!!!!), get use to it buddy u have no choice, unless u buy a bike from one us that posts up often then u are screwed bc most of the bikes u buy from us that are in "ok" or " awesome" condition will last a good time but non the less u know what ur buying ahead of time bc the info is told to u
EITHER.

cytukyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:22 AM   #16
JoeRider

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cytukyl
Quote:
ahhhh* man u asked for this flame, i got an f3 and i screwed on it, i already spent over 1300 bucks on it(well around it) ask andy and metric(mostl mechanical, not cosmetic yet, im getting there!!!!), get use to it buddy u have no choice, unless u buy a bike from one us that posts up often then u are screwed bc most of the bikes u* buy from us that are in "ok" or " awesome" condition will last a good time* but non the less u know what ur buying ahead of time bc the info is told to u
Do you have a translator?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:29 AM   #17
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

or you could buy a beginner bike for like $2k and actually learn to ride.....vs wobble around

don't forget about the MSF class $180, normally
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:55 PM   #18
cytukyl

Bike(s):
01 red/white R6 badass edition
1996 honda cbr f3 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by cytukyl
Quote:
ahhhh* man u asked for this flame, i got an f3 and i screwed on it, i already spent over 1300 bucks on it(well around it) ask andy and metric(mostl mechanical, not cosmetic yet, im getting there!!!!), get use to it buddy u have no choice, unless u buy a bike from one us that posts up often then u are screwed bc most of the bikes u* buy from us that are in "ok" or " awesome" condition will last a good time* but non the less u know what ur buying ahead of time bc the info is told to u
Do you have a translator?
huh??? well i dont get but sure
EITHER.

cytukyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:21 PM   #19
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
or you could buy a beginner bike for like $2k and actually learn to ride.....vs wobble around

don't forget about the MSF class $180, normally
+1, Please learn to ride before you buy a 600cc Super Sport

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement