MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2005, 09:43 PM   #1
Mr_Bmw

Feedback Rating: (0)

need some help from some riders...

Ok heres whats going on. There is a guy that is selling a 95' Yamaha FZR600 bike. He is telling me that his son got a DUI on the bike or something about a year ago and is now selling it. He says that he hasnt ran it since about July when this problem happened. He said that he went to drain the gas from the bike and removed the fuel pump and when he did that he saw a little more fuel in there or something and decided to hook his 12 volt battery up to the bike and attempt to get the rest out?? i am not sure what exactly that means but im guessing he took the pump out and then decided to try to run the rest of the gas off the bike with the pump out?? He says that he thinks it needs a new fuel pump and that he bought a used one from somewhere offline for like 250 bucks and that he put it in and that it either ran for 5 minutes or didnt run at all. He is located in Spring Texas which is like 5 minutes away from the woodlands. I really really want to buy a bike but dont know alot about them so im not sure what this bike needs to be a good running bike. He is saying that i am free to bring some people over to look at the bike and all this but i dont know anyone else. Does anyone have an idea whats goin on here or is close to there and would be willing to go over to his house and take a look? I would be willing to pay a little for your time. I just want a bike bad but dont wanna get screwed. Thanks and let me know.

Ryan
Mr_Bmw is offline   Reply With Quote