MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #41
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

could end like this next time

ADAMS COUNTY – A motorcyclist was killed on Saturday after a crash sent him tumbling onto I-76 where he was run over by a semi-truck and several other vehicles.

The Colorado State Patrol says 31-year-old Chester Curtis III of Commerce City was driving a Gray 2000 Honda CBR 1100 motorcycle east on 112th Avenue alongside companion 23-year-old Kelly Haynes of Centennial.

At about 1:20 a.m., both motorcyclists lost control of their bikes while negotiating a left-hand curve and traveled off the right side of the road, crashed through a barbed wire fence and rolled and tumbled across a 90-foot tract of land that separated 112th Avenue and I-76, according to the state patrol.

Troopers say Curtis and Haynes were traveling at a high rate of speed when they crashed.

Curtis was ejected from his motorcycle and landed in the right lane of westbound I-76 and his bike landed in the left lane. Troopers say that's when Curtis was run over by a 1999 Kenworth tractor trailer.

Authorities say it is evident several other vehicles then ran over parts of Curtis, but the exact number of vehicles is unknown. The semi-truck driver, 42-year-old Russell Montgomery Jr. of Golden was the only vehicle that remained at the scene after hitting Curtis. Montgomery was not injured.

State patrol says Curtis' motorcycle was hit by a silver 2005 Ford Escape, driven by 18-year-old Kayla Clark of Commerce City. She remained at the scene and was not injured.

Haynes and his bike came to rest in the 90-foot piece of land which separated 112th Avenue and I-76. He suffered minor injuries and was treated and released from Platte Valley Medical, according to troopers.

Authorities say alcohol, drugs and the possibility the two were racing are suspected as contributing factors in the crash.

I-76 was closed for about six hours for an investigation and clean-up, reopening at about 7:20 a.m.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5 Reasons Romney Lost pinball The Circus 3 11-08-2012 10:05 PM
This is one of the reasons I love my dog. eltejano Off Topic 14 05-16-2011 08:53 PM
Give me 3 reasons..... RoadracerNC The Circus 18 12-07-2009 07:15 PM
Friday. . .add your reasons Texas94fs Off Topic 60 05-25-2009 09:14 AM
reasons to sell Grinchy Off Topic 9 05-17-2008 05:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #42
tru_pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_Rider View Post
ok then... just to clear up the legal part of this... a DWI is not a felony (at first) and it sure as isn't a Class C misdemeanor!

1st offense- Class B misdemeanor with MINIMUM jail time of 72hrs-6days depending on if there were open containers in the vehicle at the time.

2nd offense- Class A misdemeanor- Minimum confinement of 30 days

3rd offense- 3rd Degree Felony- sentencing up to the judge but could be 2-10 years in PRISON...not county jail. plus up to $10,000 fine

Of course all these change when someone is killed or injured or a severe amount of damage is done...those are just for getting caught DWI/DUI with no major accident or injury.

Just want ya'll to know what you're getting into and what could happen the next time some of you decide to drink and drive.
thats right! forgot it was class b misdemeanor. i remember when i got caught street racing it was considered a class b just like a dwi. thanks for clarifying that!
tru_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #43
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
would you guy's have done any different if they were in a car, i bet prolly YES. you woulda called the cops.

whats the difference?

i would not call the cops at all. they paid with blood for their mistakes. no need for the law to give em more

i always help car or bike, no diference to me,

but as i keep saying, im sure if is you on the road and you say im racer x they take off and leave you there

that is what you are gonna get . and also why keep insulting ppl like you are their parent?

i encourage your perfect self to do that in their faces

i promise you ill visit you at the hospital with a bunch of flowers
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:02 PM   #44
pester
Black olives matter

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6

Member Garage

and btw next time you wanna help someone andcall the cops, then it will be ok for me if i see you getting outta the bar either way you are not drunk

ill call the cops on your collective because drink and drive is illegal
and unsafe

just tell me when the none of us have a couple of beers or more in a bar and then head home? or a M & G?

the whole city of houston would be in jail in one sole night
before being critic of someone look at your self next weekend doing bar hoppin

and this is said to the ppl so eager to call the cops on an injured man
who in that time didnt do any damage but to himself

now this is reality
Old 03-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #45
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

i dont particularly like racerx, but even if i knew it was him, id still stop and help him if something happened.
rise above.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #46
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
and btw next time you wanna help someone andcall the cops, then it will be ok for me if i see you getting outta the bar either way you are not drunk

ill call the cops on your collective because drink and drive is illegal
and unsafe

just tell me when the none of us have a couple of beers or more in a bar and then head home? or a M & G?

the whole city of houston would be in jail in one sole night
before being critic of someone look at your self next weekend doing bar hoppin

and this is said to the ppl so eager to call the cops on an injured man
who in that time didnt do any damage but to himself

now this is reality

:-) Go ahead.

...and when the cop shows up, and I've passed the sobriety test and all that I'll tell em thanks and go on my merry way. (Been there, done that).

To be blunt if there is a 'serious' accident there are several good reason to call the police. It doesn't just 'have' to be about alcohol. Injuries beyond what can be seen., EMS can make sure the rider is alright...and absolv you if he refuses treatment then dies or has complications (how'd you like to rescue a rider, then have em sue you for complications to injuries?).
The cops can verify the driver was licensed & had insurance and verify the bike was not stolen.

At no point does this mean that you can't help the rider...it just means notify the authorities first and let them do their job. You might just be making the road safer for you and everyone else out there.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #47
pester
Black olives matter

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post

...and when the cop shows up, and I've passed the sobriety test and all that I'll tell em thanks and go on my merry way. (Been there, done that).

To be blunt if there is a 'serious' accident there are several good reason to call the police. It doesn't just 'have' to be about alcohol. Injuries beyond what can be seen., EMS can make sure the rider is alright...and absolv you if he refuses treatment then dies or has complications (how'd you like to rescue a rider, then have em sue you for complications to injuries?).
The cops can verify the driver was licensed & had insurance and verify the bike was not stolen.

At no point does this mean that you can't help the rider...it just means notify the authorities first and let them do their job. You might just be making the road safer for you and everyone else out there.

i got yya man, but i just hate the point of call the cops so they can him

is rendering help not rendering hate

but what can we expect from racer x
Old 03-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #48
Daytona_Rider
3rd Ward PoPo

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2007 Daytona 675 - Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post

That can't happen... it's called the Good Samaritan Law. You can't be sued for injuries/death as a result of your actions if you were acting in good faith trying to help the person.

Now if you walk up and kick him in the spine then help him up...that's a different story.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:58 PM   #49
Amanda
Bulletproof

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

my goodness everyone... he seriously was just making the post to say hey here is two MORE reasons NOT to drink and drive/ride...and just wanted to share with us all what happened. Yet somehow, it gets turned around to ppl saying "i would have done this" or "u should have done this".... seriously guys?! do we need such dramatized responses?! The event already happened, no way to change it now.
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #50
Liqued600RR

Bike(s):
2003 Honda cbr 600 rr

Go scorpion helmets! Oh and I say your still a good guy weather you called the cops or not you still helped! Maybe all you could think of is getting this guy to a hospital and the cops didnt register in your mind. Im sure knowing he almost killed hiself was far more punishment than a dwi. It may not been the lawful thing to do but everyone makes mistakes.

Something to think about..
If he was doing a wheelie and was sober and wrecked would you call the cops? Hes still breaking the law and is still endangering people around him no diffrence. But in this case most people wouldnt call. In his case more would then not. As for me It would all depend on how drunk he seemed to me.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #51
Daytona_Rider
3rd Ward PoPo

Bike(s):

ya what she said!!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #52
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloleo03 View Post
The event already happened, no way to change it now.
the info is for next time, cuz it'll happen again

daytona rider, now what if said dude helps drunkerd get back on the bike, then drunkard goes off kills himself or a family, would he then be responsible?

and what about abbeting a crime (DWI?)
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #53
Liqued600RR

Bike(s):
2003 Honda cbr 600 rr

thats ok im sure the hospital will test his alcohol level and report it to the authorities there suppose to anyways from what ive heard.. since that much injury is involved
Old 03-13-2008, 06:27 PM   #54
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"That can't happen... it's called the Good Samaritan Law. You can't be sued for injuries/death as a result of your actions if you were acting in good faith trying to help the person. "

That's applied to first-aid... in this case, if the injured guy saw potential for a profit and change his story it could go to a he/she said situation and good samaritan may not be an instant defense.

Ex: You take the guy home, he claims that you refused to take him to a medical center or call EMS or police for him?
Yep you might win, got the money in pocket for an attorney which you may or may not be able to recoup?
Old 03-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #55
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

G, thanks i didnt know...... i know its for next time, but next time he will STILL make his OWN decision. When you pick someone off the road, then U can do as YOU feel is best....

I just dont see the point in why so many of our site's threads get heated or have drama... its like so many are not content without the drama....

Where is the love?!?!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #56
brokeneightsix
ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Bike(s):
07 crf 50

i just wanted to share it was funny i thought ...

to clear up a few things ill add this ...

after i backed up to use my hazards to help caution other drivers , hpd coasts by brakes on no more then 5 miles per hour and hits them the spotlight as hes driving over bike parts, dude laying on the ground , with a hammered bike halfass standing upright and keeps on driving . so their on a three lane bridge over the san jacinto with no lights and no median ...

the ER wasnt even two miles away , he stood up and walked and talked under his own power with no help . so the plan was load the bike and take him to ER .

so its two in morning , no lights , no median , water on both sides , hpd spotlights them and continues hes way to whatabuger ...
i didnt feel the need to post up on the concrete barrier in the middle of a river and ask where you been where you going , i smell alcohol " how much you had to drink" . im not sure about you but i dont get all in dudes faces .
honestly i figured it was liter bike he was wheeling it and looped it ...

i never learned the whole story until after he was gone and the guy asked for a ride home , once i learned the whole story i was like WTF you guys are outta control .

lastly ,

"IM DIYING AAAHHHH can you hear that AAAHHH AAHHHH" im sorry but it was funny if knew the dude i would have told him to shut the up i could of dropped you off but no you worried about your bike.
oh and that point i still didnt know where they came from . i hope dudes alive seeing how im mocking him .
brokeneightsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #57
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
, just off 59 near 494 by that biker bar?... must of been coming from montana's just up the rode.. sad...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #58
Daytona_Rider
3rd Ward PoPo

Bike(s):

ok... this thread has gotten waaaaay off base. you can he said/ she said and what if this/ what if that all day long.... what if he gave the guy a beer put him back on the bike and said let's race!! or what if he helped the guy out and the next day the guy sues because he says you ravaged his for an hour!!!! it's getting pretty gay.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #59
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

lol...sorry, thats kinda funny
Old 03-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #60
pester
Black olives matter

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_Rider View Post
ok... this thread has gotten waaaaay off base. you can he said/ she said and what if this/ what if that all day long.... what if he gave the guy a beer put him back on the bike and said let's race!! or what if he helped the guy out and the next day the guy sues because he says you ravaged his for an hour!!!! it's getting pretty gay.

yeah true btw ive seen those daytonas what can you tell about them?

i havent ridden one they look good tho

Advertisement