Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #41
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
ok, so you're getting free bike and free models, and then SELLING a calender with them in it??? pretty deal if you ask me. what kind of credentials do you have as a "professional photog?" where's you're portfolio so people can see what they're getting themselves into?
+1 that's what I was thinking...

I asked several basic questions, which appear to have been ignored, considering that he answered jteela's post after my post was up...

All I'm saying peeps, is know what you're getting into...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wednesday Katy/Cypress Meet/Greet & Ride 08/08/2012 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 74 08-09-2012 10:11 PM
Valentino Rossi & Jeremy Burgess in 2011? 08/22/2010 gsxrjai Taking it to the Track 4 08-26-2010 10:04 PM
MotoGP-round 13-Sunday night(08/31/08) at Firkin & Phoenix Scorpio Events, Meets and Rides 21 09-01-2008 09:50 AM
3/15 going away party M&G CaptainMorgan Events, Meets and Rides 48 03-20-2008 06:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #42
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
i too am a bit curious about pervious work... so till these are answered im out
Old 03-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #43
RCcola379

www.WurstPhotos.photoreflect.com

thats his web site so you can see some of his work. wasn't that hard to find, its on the front page of his myspace.
RCcola379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #44
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCcola379 View Post

thats his web site so you can see some of his work. wasn't that hard to find, its on the front page of his myspace.
We shouldn't have to look for it... good customer service would be to respond when asked for your credentials.

You have to understand, he has less than 50 posts... and you have less than 5... we don't know you...

Plus, seriously... a free calendar, in return for giving away rights to use a bike or a model's likeness, in which he will profit from???? that's not a good deal, in my opinion.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #45
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

I've got a stock ninja 250, i'm 6'3 and lank... i'll pose with me trying to tuck in under the windshield! :lol:
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #46
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCcola379 View Post

FKN LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S his portfolio??!?!?!? that is some of the WORST photography i have ever seen. seriously. a majority of the pictures aren't even level, or is the subject properly placed in the frame. I won't even start on composition, exposure, color balance, or anything else, even the most BASIC of "pro" photographers should already know.

BEWARE PEOPLE....THIS GUY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #47
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFroze View Post
We shouldn't have to look for it... good customer service would be to respond when asked for your credentials.

You have to understand, he has less than 50 posts... and you have less than 5... we don't know you...

Plus, seriously... a free calendar, in return for giving away rights to use a bike or a model's likeness, in which he will profit from???? that's not a good deal, in my opinion.
Hey ... so does that mean that "I" should have charged you???

CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #48
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
FKN LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S his portfolio??!?!?!? that is some of the WORST photography i have ever seen. seriously. a majority of the pictures aren't even level, or is the subject properly placed in the frame. I won't even start on composition, exposure, color balance, or anything else, even the most BASIC of "pro" photographers should already know.

BEWARE PEOPLE....THIS GUY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING.
im going to have to agree :/: ... i was just looking through the car show photos ... and first of all, it looks like someone with a $150 slim cam took the pictures. Im not a pro, but I do enjoy taking pictures as a hobby, and I may not know all the education behind photography, but i know how to make things look good ... and some of these pictures have horrible white balance and no personal touch. it looked like the pictures where taken while standing next to the real photographer, notice the girls are never looking directly at the camera. on some shots, it looked like he paid no attention to detail or to whats in the background ...
Old 03-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #49
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

u know what i just realized ... the name of his photography is "Wurst Photos" ... as in "Worst" !!!
Old 03-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #50
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGIXXER View Post
u know what i just realized ... the name of his photography is "Wurst Photos" ... as in "Worst" !!!
lmao....yeah...i was saving that joke for his reply. oh well....hahahaha. now i'm just waiting for him to call me out on my photography so i can make him look even worse.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #51
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Quote:
Hey ... so does that mean that "I" should have charged you???
Actually, there are three "main" ways that photographers work:

1. Charge the customer - which if you get pictures in return, you are a customer, then normally the photog would not get rights to use the photos in their portfolio.

2. Trade For CD/Pictures - which is what we did... the customer gets photos, and the photog gets to use the photos in his portfolio.

3. Pay the model for their time - the model does NOT receive any of the photos, but photog can use them in their portfolio.

You can mix and match, depending on whatever you workout individually (and you feel is a good deal between the photog and the model)... but a single calendar (which will most likely only have one or two photos of you... ) is still not a good deal, if they are making money on it.

And last I checked, I am NOT making any money on pictures of your bike...
Old 03-12-2008, 03:08 PM   #52
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
i just sent him two models.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #53
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
i just sent him two models.
have you checked out his website?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #54
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFroze View Post
Actually, there are three "main" ways that photographers work:

1. Charge the customer - which if you get pictures in return, you are a customer, then normally the photog would not get rights to use the photos in their portfolio.

2. Trade For CD/Pictures - which is what we did... the customer gets photos, and the photog gets to use the photos in his portfolio.

3. Pay the model for their time - the model does NOT receive any of the photos, but photog can use them in their portfolio.

You can mix and match, depending on whatever you workout individually (and you feel is a good deal between the photog and the model)... but a single calendar (which will most likely only have one or two photos of you... ) is still not a good deal, if they are making money on it.

And last I checked, I am NOT making any money on pictures of your bike...

well maybe you should!!! ... and split the profits with meeee!!!

also, I was thinking about it, and even if he is not paying the models or the bike owners ... he would still have to pay for production of the calenders ... so the way I see it, as long as he wouldnt sell the calenders for more than a few bucks, i wouldn't see it as he is trying to scam out on the deal.

but i still dont like his photography skills ... sorry dude :/:
Old 03-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #55
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Quote:
well maybe you should!!! ... and split the profits with meeee!!!

also, I was thinking about it, and even if he is not paying the models or the bike owners ... he would still have to pay for production of the calenders ... so the way I see it, as long as he wouldnt sell the calenders for more than a few bucks, i wouldn't see it as he is trying to scam out on the deal.

but i still dont like his photography skills ... sorry dude :/:
True, about the production of the calendar, but I asked him to provide more info: Where his portfolio was? how much was he going to charge for the calendar? And how he planned on getting the calendars to everyone, if he was leaving for Florida...

I gots no response, two hours later, even though he responded to a "model" that had just posted right before me....

At least say, I'm not sure, yet, working those details out... instead of ignoring the question... bad customer service.

I may have been able to provide him with plenty of models.... but not now.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #56
RCcola379

i know u don't know me, and i don't even know him either, i was just showin the link i found to his photos.
RCcola379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #57
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

I know him. He's a stand up guy. You may not like his photos, but he's making money doing it- He's only 19 and has had his business for two years.

Lay off being a$$es. He probably hasn't responded because you guys him off.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #58
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
I know him. He's a stand up guy. You may not like his photos, but he's making money doing it- He's only 19 and has had his business for two years.

good for him. but just because he finds idiots to pay him for his snapshots, doesn't make him any good. sorry.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #59
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post

Well, I'm the one saying that he hasn't responded... and I in no-way was being an "". I simply asked him a few questions. He ignorned them.

I was asking because I have a large network of models, had he had is stuff in order, I might have been able to help him get some good ones, but I am not going to ruin my network, if the person is not willing to answer some simple questions. Most good models, will want to know this stuff before they'll do a shoot with just any photographer.

I cannot speak for the rest of the people on here which have bolded their text or whatever, but if you're a businessman, you have to be willing to answer simple questions and take some criticism. Not everyone is going to like your work, all the time.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #60
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

So i guess this thing is a no go??? Was thinking about it and this is kinda a good way to get a bunch of stupid, low self-esteem, bigg tittied girls to hit up yoru myspace and/or friendster account begging to be your friend... if that was this guys intention, then he is a genious...
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement