MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #21
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

msf? ... yes they also teach u were u can and caint park... but u should know this if u drive a car ignorance is no excuse for not knowing the law so unless u have some thing better pay it and learn from it
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oh !!! Gixxer Geezer Off Topic 26 07-16-2014 10:10 AM
more !!!!!! H2447INTX Off Topic 16 05-16-2010 07:09 PM
Badzx14r Off Topic 7 01-15-2010 04:55 PM
! blends General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 11-13-2008 08:22 AM
oh jumpinfly General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 04-16-2008 01:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2008, 07:36 AM   #22
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I'm surprised, being a hottie and all, that you weren't able to work something out with the nice officer... LOL!!!!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #23
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
I'm surprised, being a hottie and all, that you weren't able to work something out with the nice officer... LOL!!!!
It's a PARKING ticket. She wasn't there so the cop didn't look at the bike and see the Hottie!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #24
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

It wasn't my bike !
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #25
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Striped sections next to a handicap spot are for wheelchair loading/unloading.
Thank you....I may be tempted to push your bike over if it was in my way. Just take the lesson and learn from it. Sometimes, it isn't an officer that writes the parking ticket. It could have been a handicap person that wrote the ticket. In Houston, they have a program that allows anyone to take a class to write parking ticket violations in handicap spots. The reason is due to all of the abuse going on. It is down right rediculous trying to find somewhere to park so I can get enough space to get in and out. Just this past Thursday, I was going to the Rodeo and it took me 1.5hrs to find a spot where I wouldn't get blocked in. I have been blocked in before and I had to find someone to back may car up out of the space. It isn't fun so please don't park in the striped off areas.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #26
Amanda
Bulletproof

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
msf? ... yes they also teach u were u can and caint park... but u should know this if u drive a car ignorance is no excuse for not knowing the law so unless u have some thing better pay it and learn from it
-1 (thanks i did say i learned from it already, and i did take msf)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Thank you....I may be tempted to push your bike over if it was in my way. Just take the lesson and learn from it. Sometimes, it isn't an officer that writes the parking ticket. It could have been a handicap person that wrote the ticket. In Houston, they have a program that allows anyone to take a class to write parking ticket violations in handicap spots. The reason is due to all of the abuse going on. It is down right rediculous trying to find somewhere to park so I can get enough space to get in and out. Just this past Thursday, I was going to the Rodeo and it took me 1.5hrs to find a spot where I wouldn't get blocked in. I have been blocked in before and I had to find someone to back may car up out of the space. It isn't fun so please don't park in the striped off areas.
-1 (sorry about ur rodeo and being blocked off a couple times, but i was blocking knowone know one at all. neither of the spots beside me were even being used and if u would have seen the spot, even if it was, it would have caused no harm... yes still i was in the wrong :/:, i know now, but didnt then. i was pretty close to the bike, thats how i saw the cop last minute... let someone just push it over i would have heard it hit and run over...see what happens, it would be alot more then a parking ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
+1!!!yea i ran over and tried talking with him nicely. Playing a little dumb and asking if it was a ticket or a warning, and when he said ticket i asked if he could make it a warning and i would move it immediately...he wasnt having it, i was wearing a turtle neck... the cold days, maybe i could have gotten somewhere if i had on a low cut while leaning over to speak with him through the window... haha im totally just kidding

and everyone...thank you! let me know if anyone else has something NICE and helpful to say!
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #27
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloleo03 View Post
-1 (thanks i did say i learned from it already, and i did take msf)

-1 (sorry about ur rodeo and being blocked off a couple times, but i was blocking knowone know one at all. neither of the spots beside me were even being used and if u would have seen the spot, even if it was, it would have caused no harm... yes still i was in the wrong :/:, i know now, but didnt then. i was pretty close to the bike, thats how i saw the cop last minute... let someone just push it over i would have heard it hit and run over...see what happens, it would be alot more then a parking ticket

+1!!!yea i ran over and tried talking with him nicely. Playing a little dumb and asking if it was a ticket or a warning, and when he said ticket i asked if he could make it a warning and i would move it immediately...he wasnt having it, i was wearing a turtle neck... the cold days, maybe i could have gotten somewhere if i had on a low cut while leaning over to speak with him through the window... haha im totally just kidding

and everyone...thank you! let me know if anyone else has something NICE and helpful to say!

He's GAY !! bish !
Quote:
Old 03-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #28
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I'm sorry you got a ticket, but one thing that I would write all day for (if I was a cop) would be for parking in/blocking a handicap spot.

Don't even get started on people who use their mom's handicap placard to park in handicap spots. Those people should go straight to jail for the rest of their day. Or just be beaten on the spot - it could be their choice.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #29
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
I'm sorry you got a ticket, but one thing that I would write all day for (if I was a cop) would be for parking in/blocking a handicap spot.

Don't even get started on people who use their mom's handicap placard to park in handicap spots. Those people should go straight to jail for the rest of their day. Or just be beaten on the spot - it could be their choice.
+10000000
Thats just bulls*t and it me off. I see it all day long in CS. Stupid little college girls get their grandmas tag and park in handicapped places everywhere. All you see in the handicapped spots up here are giant SUVs with A&M and greek stickers on the back. Makes me really mad.

to the thread starter, im not trying to hate on you, but consider it a lesson learned.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #30
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

ok ok guys, grr .

i didnt start the thread as..."i parked illegally and know that i did, so please attack me for doing wrong". i posted that ' i got a ticket, whats everyones advice on what to do about it'. however, i do agree with ppl using someone elses stickers and parking in handicap, we live in houston, i dont think that hundred or couple hundred feet of a walk would hurt us. anyways back to the point....
Old 03-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #31
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #32
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
ok ok guys, grr .

i didnt start the thread as..."i parked illegally and know that i did, so please attack me for doing wrong". i posted that ' i got a ticket, whats everyones advice on what to do about it'. however, i do agree with ppl using someone elses stickers and parking in handicap, we live in houston, i dont think that hundred or couple hundred feet of a walk would hurt us. anyways back to the point....
its a civil fine, not a moving violation. Id just pay it and go about my day. It sucks to lose the $$, but consider it lesson learned.

Khaki shirt.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #33
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
or you a blonde or a A&M graduate or something.... even dumb rednecks like me know parking on striped yellow lines are bad news ...

just pay the fine you deserve it :/:
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #34
MadseasoN

Quote:
ok ok guys, grr .

It's gonna be hard to fight that one. I'd just pay it.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #35
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
or you a blonde or a A&M graduate or something.... even dumb rednecks like me know parking on striped yellow lines are bad news ...
just pay the fine you deserve it :/:

well good thing im naturally a brunette and have a 3.8 out of 4.0gpa . getting ready to have one degree after this summer and a masters in another few years...at UT!!

anything else?
Old 03-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #36
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !

Just go swap fairings w/ someone & say it was the bike next to yours !! he wrote the wronr plate # down !
Quote:
Old 03-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #37
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #38
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
yeah ...i didn't get a ticket for PARKING IN A STRIP ZONE

SO tell me how smart you is again darling ...

Khaki shirt.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #39
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgsxrbob View Post
Just go swap fairings w/ someone & say it was the bike next to yours !! he wrote the wronr plate # down !
haha, my bf was one of the bikes beside me, he got a ticket too lol... nice idea tho..i did think about just having a allaby and saying i wasnt even there and its the wrong license number... but i have to much of an honest heart... conscience...
Old 03-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #40
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

*woot woot* lets give a round of applause to the haters!!

-oh , its silent-

everyone makes mistakes and learns from them, take it down a notch... i have said a few times that i slipped up and didnt know, but do now...

Advertisement