MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #21
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

here's one, on Lake Travis

http://www.bellavistabedandbreakfast.com/index.html
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tattoo artists/shops in Austin or San Antonio less_than_coop Off Topic 19 04-02-2013 10:46 AM
rode out to San antonio / Austin yesterday ST675 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-17-2011 05:03 PM
So I'm in San Antonio... flip326 Off Topic 13 06-24-2006 02:18 PM
Bike Rally in San Antonio or Austin Jimmy Events, Meets and Rides 12 04-07-2006 10:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #22
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

And about 211 miles back, with lunch in Fayetteville. Easy ride.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #23
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Thanks a ton

I have replied to your PM.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #24
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

I just got the directions by email texlurch, you're a hero. Really cool someone would take that much time to give turn by turn directions on a 500+ miles trip Now it appears I owe YOU big!

Thanks again, I will be bringing my camera and hope to get a few good shots.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 03-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #25
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I just got the directions by email texlurch, you're a hero. Really cool someone would take that much time to give turn by turn directions on a 500+ miles trip Now it appears I owe YOU big!

Thanks again, I will be bringing my camera and hope to get a few good shots.
You're welcome... not that big of deal since I have a lot of routes already written out and stored, so I can kinda copy and paste.

You are required to provide pics and a good trip report upon your return!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #26
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Hey Tex, where along that route you sent me is Orsaks?
Old 03-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #27
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Hey Tex, where along that route you sent me is Orsaks?
Downtown square in Fayetteville.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #28
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

I'm sitting in a hotel in Marble Falls right now. The roads up here were amazing, and we couldn't have asked for better weather. We truely lucked out on restaraunts as well. We ate at a small joint in Bastrop called Big Mouths, it was terrific and very nice inside. I got a business card so anyone travelling that way I can give you their address. For dinner we ate at River City Grill right on the lake and enjoyed the perfect weather and great food from the balcony. We'll be heading out of here tomorrow and trying our hand in Fayeteville for the first time, I'm definately excited about getting back on the bike. I got a few pictures so far but nothing great seeing as all the good roads were just enjoyed and we didn't stop for pictures. Saw the coolest sign ever today though, had the squigly line and underneath were it usually shows a suggested speed limit it said "next 25 miles". I asked my dad if he saw it and he said yeah but it said 2.5, Not sure who was right but either way the road was amazing for the next 40 miles. Jim, I'm talking about the scenic road that goes around the lake just before entering Marble Falls...AMAZING! Thanks again for the route, can't thank ya enough. Look forward to updating this once we get back in town tomorrow with pictures

~Keith
Old 03-14-2008, 06:52 AM   #29
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Glad you are enjoying it, just be safe on the way home and have fun!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #30
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Old 03-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #31
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

oooops! Is dad paying the bill on the PoPo's? Looks like you made it back in reasonable time, roads were ok?

Oh, and tell your Dad "good choice" on the bike!! LOL
Old 03-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #32
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
oooops! Is dad paying the bill on the PoPo's? Looks like you made it back in reasonable time, roads were ok?

Oh, and tell your Dad "good choice" on the bike!! LOL
Haha not sure yet. It just sucks because I saw the DPS officer lonnggggg before he could have radar'd us and I slowed way down. I saw him hitting his brakes after he passed us and got in the right lane. Dad didn't know what was going on so he kept trucking but slowed down once he saw I had dropped way back. Officer came up and dad merged into the right lane with me a good ways up. The cop passed me up and pulled him over(note: we were spaced out pretty good). I pulled in behind the cop to wait for him. Eventually he came back and got my license and asked what year the bike was, didn't even ask about insurance so I figured he was just seeing if I owned the bike. Finally he came back and said "Well same deal as your dad, 78 in a 65" I said "I had slowed down, I wasn't going nearly as fast as him" and he said "Well you were behind him." Oh well, nothing I can really do seeing as I'm not driving 2 hours to go to court on it :/: Just sucked, he made absolutely no conversation at all, only words he said to me were "what year is the bike" and "well same deal as your dad." Also, I'm on deferred in Walker County, I wonder if this is going to go against that or not...I really really hope not.

~Keith

Last edited by a forum moderator; 03-14-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:37 PM   #33
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Yeah, I think if you are deferred in the State, it could be an issue. Might want to get some of the lawyer types around here to get some input.

At least it looks like you guys had some good weather, and hopefully traffic wasn't too bad and the pavement was good..
Old 03-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #34
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Yeah, I think if you are deferred in the State, it could be an issue. Might want to get some of the lawyer types around here to get some input.

At least it looks like you guys had some good weather, and hopefully traffic wasn't too bad and the pavement was good..
Oh the ride was perfect man, even after the mishap it was an excellent trip!!
Old 03-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #35
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

And now you can say you have "officially" been to Fayetteville..
Old 03-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #36
ZX9Monkey
Aggie nerd

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
FZ6

Hey the wife and I are planning to do an Austin biketrip this friday and saturday. Can someone PM me this trip itinerary if you don't mind. It looks like a good one

We like to cruise the scenic backroads and would like to stay away from the highways/cities as much as possible.

Thanks!
ZX9Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #37
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Whereabouts are you starting from?
Old 03-16-2008, 07:25 PM   #38
ZX9Monkey
Aggie nerd

Bike(s):
FZ6

Close to Tomball, next to the intersection of Spring Cypress and Hwy 249.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #39
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Ahh heck, same route Dvlracer took will work for you guys, to and from Tomball 2920/249.

PM me your email and I will forward turn by turn, and you can Googlemap from there.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #40
ZX9Monkey
Aggie nerd

Bike(s):
FZ6

Perfect! Pm sent, thanks alot

Advertisement