MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #141
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets
 
Sifu-TZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 14,586

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard









gryph, I was on the only red R1 in the group. were you the guy that slipped on a banana peel? if so, that sucked bro. whoever it was scared the outta me, all I saw was someone tumbling.
the grotto ftw at 5pm! mr clean will buy everyone a steak dinner!

not really. but he will spank you in private for .50 ask nutmeg.
__________________
fastline logo

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RideSmart Track Day - 7.18.2009 @MSRC - 3.1Mi Track Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 07-14-2009 07:19 PM
RideSmart Track Day - ECR Extravaganza 2 - Aug 16-17, 2008 - $100/day + Prizes Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 27 08-18-2008 09:11 AM
First TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track Day / RideSmart / Memorial Day '08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-14-2008 08:47 AM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
RideSmart Track Day Sep. 5th. Any new track newbies wanna go? roro Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-22-2005 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #142
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Baytown TX.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 597

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600






man what a great day! I had a blast with all of you out there. Thanks Meaner and guitar man for letting my wife and kids hang out in the trailer. Also great picks from you and everyone else that posted them up. They actually help out alot in seeing what your doing out there.
Thanks Alonzo for the feedback you gave me at the end of the day. It's good to know I was finally getting it right. Now I got something to build on. I really appreciate how you guys come around to us to let us know how we are doing and make us feel at home. Bucks a stand up guy! I talked with you for a little bit before we headed out after the last session, plus you were my instructor at the beginning.
Thanks Larry for getting me straight with my body position. Next time ditch that cheap stand and get you a PitBull stand to hold up us big guys. Anyway that really helped me out. I shaved 31 secs from my slowest time out there to my fastest. Man what a good time! Oh Meaner don't tell my wife, but your girlfriend with the hoody on was hot.
Sorry about your collar bone Mike. I hope you heel up quickly.
Anyway also sorry I didn't get to meet everybody, maybe next time I will. Oh I second Buck on Ken's body position. I followed you around some and you were looking text book good. Now go get you some rearsets and save those toes.
See ya'll next time.

Last edited by gixxerman; 03-09-2008 at 03:57 PM.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #143
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Hello! Ralph where are you at????? I want to see all the pics I took!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #144
Princess
MH's ex fake mod
 
Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,982

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti







Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Hello! Ralph where are you at????? I want to see all the pics I took!
That's what I'm waiting on. I looked at the camera and there were a few pretty good pics of methat I wanna see full size.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #145
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post
That's what I'm waiting on. I looked at the camera and there were a few pretty good pics of methat I wanna see full size.
I am sure that I didn't take them! Because I can still see today!

















































Love you David!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #146
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






Kinda late, but here's a bunch of pics, mostly taken by Meaner took with my camera. http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r...-08/?start=all
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:19 PM   #147
Princess
MH's ex fake mod
 
Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,982

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti







Send a message via AIM to Princess
If you think I'm sexy and you want my body. . . . . . . .

Thanks for you two letting us use your trailer though. I'm hooked now tough. Gotta find a way to get out there the 16th and the 23rd. Time to go broke.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #148
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post
If you think I'm sexy and you want my body. . . . . . . .

Thanks for you two letting us use your trailer though. I'm hooked now tough. Gotta find a way to get out there the 16th and the 23rd. Time to go broke.


You know it! I do have a thing for little boys!!


You and Ralph are most welcome for the use of the trailer! Anything else you all may need you know where we are! Glad you are gonna be out there on the 16th! I look forward to seeing you first hand on the track!

Welcome to your new and expensive addiction!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #149
Random_Hero
Grand Optimist
 
Random_Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dirty Bay
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 261

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10R









Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post
If you think I'm sexy and you want my body. . . . . . . .

Thanks for you two letting us use your trailer though. I'm hooked now tough. Gotta find a way to get out there the 16th and the 23rd. Time to go broke.

Give me a list and I can get you some go fast parts, like tire warmers
Random_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #150
GRodriguez09
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: H-Town, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2


Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha R6, 2005 Yamaha YZ 250F









My first day on the track was a great experience. I can't wait to see some of the pictures. I ended up low-siding (silver w/ blk flames R6) on the turn after the front straight but I was ok. I got right back on the bike and rode the rest of the day. One of the photographers that was out there got my whole crash on his camera so hopefully he'll put them on here. The pictures came out really good.
GRodriguez09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #151
Princess
MH's ex fake mod
 
Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,982

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti







Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRodriguez09 View Post
My first day on the track was a great experience. I can't wait to see some of the pictures. I ended up low-siding (silver w/ blk flames R6) on the turn after the front straight but I was ok. I got right back on the bike and rode the rest of the day. One of the photographers that was out there got my whole crash on his camera so hopefully he'll put them on here. The pictures came out really good.

I almost lost it on the 2nd turn on the last session I think. I had all my weight on the inside peg, and it hit the ground and upset the bike *a bit* Time for rearsets I guess.

Kyle, the tire warmers would be a go faster sooner part, or here's to hoping ya don't wreck right away.

Buck said to explore the track, I took it literally. . . come to find out he meant it figuratively.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #152
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster
 
Sassy Chassis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: All up in there where them planes is
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,124

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821









Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Kinda late, but here's a bunch of pics, mostly taken by Meaner took with my camera. http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r...-08/?start=all
I had to squint hard...but I found some of me
__________________
indecision may or may not be my problem
Sassy Chassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #153
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by GRodriguez09 View Post
My first day on the track was a great experience. I can't wait to see some of the pictures. I ended up low-siding (silver w/ blk flames R6) on the turn after the front straight but I was ok. I got right back on the bike and rode the rest of the day. One of the photographers that was out there got my whole crash on his camera so hopefully he'll put them on here. The pictures came out really good.
Yea! We saw that! You jumped right up and got back on! Good job!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #154
Gryphin
09 r1!
 
Gryphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 4,214

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)



Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
gryph, I was on the only red R1 in the group. were you the guy that slipped on a banana peel? if so, that sucked bro. whoever it was scared the outta me, all I saw was someone tumbling.
the grotto ftw at 5pm! mr clean will buy everyone a steak dinner!

not really. but he will spank you in private for .50 ask nutmeg.
their was a banana peel on the track? lol crazy wasnt me though.
__________________
Quote:
We as riders know the risks we take everytime we put that kickstand up and twist the throttle.
Gryphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #155
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss
 
04RSVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,195

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped







Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post

Buck said to explore the track, I took it literally. . . come to find out he meant it figuratively.

hmm.. might have to take note of that for future NOOBs
__________________
I believe in luck. The harder I work the more luck I seem to have.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #156
logan5
Senior Member
 
logan5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 5,805


Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s









Quote:
Originally Posted by GRodriguez09 View Post
My first day on the track was a great experience. I can't wait to see some of the pictures. I ended up low-siding (silver w/ blk flames R6) on the turn after the front straight but I was ok. I got right back on the bike and rode the rest of the day. One of the photographers that was out there got my whole crash on his camera so hopefully he'll put them on here. The pictures came out really good.
Hey, good to see you on the site. Looked like your early spill didn't do anything to you cause you were looking good out there.
__________________
Ben Franklin once told us that “The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”
"Blessed are the young for they shall inherit the national debt" Herbert Hoover
logan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #157
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...
 
Meaner-n-u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: None-ya
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,072

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"








Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
man what a great day! I had a blast with all of you out there. Thanks Meaner and guitar man for letting my wife and kids hang out in the trailer. Also great picks from you and everyone else that posted them up. They actually help out alot in seeing what your doing out there.
Thanks Alonzo for the feedback you gave me at the end of the day. It's good to know I was finally getting it right. Now I got something to build on. I really appreciate how you guys come around to us to let us know how we are doing and make us feel at home. Bucks a stand up guy! I talked with you for a little bit before we headed out after the last session, plus you were my instructor at the beginning.
Thanks Larry for getting me straight with my body position. Next time ditch that cheap stand and get you a PitBull stand to hold up us big guys. Anyway that really helped me out. I shaved 31 secs from my slowest time out there to my fastest. Man what a good time! Oh Meaner don't tell my wife, but your girlfriend with the hoody on was hot.
Sorry about your collar bone Mike. I hope you heel up quickly.
Anyway also sorry I didn't get to meet everybody, maybe next time I will. Oh I second Buck on Ken's body position. I followed you around some and you were looking text book good. Now go get you some rearsets and save those toes.
See ya'll next time.

That wasn't my friend, that was my sister and I'm really getting sick of hearing it...
__________________
Deal with it...
Meaner-n-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #158
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
That wasn't my friend, that was my sister and I'm really getting sick of hearing it...
:r ofl::rof l:
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #159
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss
 
04RSVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,195

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped







Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
That wasn't my friend, that was my sister and I'm really getting sick of hearing it...
HAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHA I love ya both Meaner!

thanks Gixxerman
__________________
I believe in luck. The harder I work the more luck I seem to have.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #160
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Baytown TX.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 597

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600






Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
That wasn't my friend, that was my sister and I'm really getting sick of hearing it...
sorry. I'm married not dead so I notice these things. You have nothing to worry about either. Thanks again for your hospitality we had a great time and I enjoyed hanging out with Ken to
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy