MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #61
njay1984
3 for 11

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 Yamaha Warrior
03 SV650 track hoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
talking ? its common sense, or what i thought was common sense... guess not...(cold morning, cold tires, cold track, cold people.... slow till it warms...)
Exactly.......... not slow all day

Turbo_LS_Hatch

Last edited by njay1984; 03-08-2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Edited for James
njay1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RideSmart Track Day - 7.18.2009 @MSRC - 3.1Mi Track Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 07-14-2009 07:19 PM
RideSmart Track Day - ECR Extravaganza 2 - Aug 16-17, 2008 - $100/day + Prizes Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 27 08-18-2008 09:11 AM
First TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track Day / RideSmart / Memorial Day '08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-14-2008 08:47 AM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
RideSmart Track Day Sep. 5th. Any new track newbies wanna go? roro Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-22-2005 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #62
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Finally my cable is back up!!!

Better get my BIG THANKS!!!! to Buck Beasley and the rest of the Longhorn crew for having an excellent school and a great selection of instructors

I also want to give a BIG THANKS to Challen & Awesome Cycles for sponsoring me for this event, and lastly to Mike 04RSVR for such a generous idea to sponsor us 5 Noobs that won the track day!!

Yeah, I got lots o pics taken by meaner! They're huge files, too, so I got the same question as Gryphin... Where can I dump these off in bulk!!??
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #63
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
about to have all the photos taken from my camera uploaded at

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...%203-8-08/

so feel free to drop meaner some props or comments about her photo skillz!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #64
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Finally my cable is back up!!!

Better get my BIG THANKS!!!! to Buck Beasley and the rest of the Longhorn crew for having an excellent school and a great selection of instructors

I also want to give a BIG THANKS to Challen & Awesome Cycles for sponsoring me for this event, and lastly to Mike 04RSVR for such a generous idea to sponsor us 5 Noobs that won the track day!!

Yeah, I got lots o pics taken by meaner! They're huge files, too, so I got the same question as Gryphin... Where can I dump these off in bulk!!??

i just used my photobucket account, lets your bulk upload 100 at a time.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:32 PM   #65
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
i just used my photobucket account, lets your bulk upload 100 at a time.
Will do!

btw, I don't think Gryphin was talkin at all. The first round was an eye-opener for everyone, and we learned our lesson well
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #66
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
What a day indeed. Thanks to Sassy for the fine weather order. I was very surprised at the levels of improvement by the 3pm session. There were some fast guys out there for never having been to the track. Capt. Morgan .......dude that was sweet but scary to watch, glad the body control changed things up a bit. Too bad you're off in a week or two, you've got talent. Don't be a stranger, always happy to help the military guys.
My favorite for the day was definatley Ninja Nana. Tells me at the riders meeting she's got 4 miles on her bike. Hats off to you lady, for getting out there at all. Since you've got those sweet leathers, I'm guessing we'll see you again.
There were a few run offs, and a couple low sides going into the keyhole early. Those seemed to be those self critiquing type errors and all continued on trouble free.
Bummer on Mike's get off. Drinks lots of milk Big Guy, four weeks is plenty of time.
I am sorry I am so bad with names, but all of you did well today. Hopefully someone will have some pics of ya'll faces in the pits after the first couple of sessions. BIG SMILES everywhere, even the crashers.
My thanks to Maxgs, Mike RSVR, Awesome Cycles for sponsoring our five lucky noobs. I think they had the most fun of all. As always, to the staff a huge thank you for all you time, effort, and dedication to make LMS what it is. Larry, Bill, Derek, Alan, Alanzo(looked like a noob today), Jason, Mike, Ric Hic, Leon, Tony HOP............Thanks!
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #67
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
No slack needed - the pictures are great... Don't know how she managed to take 250+ photos and not get G-Man in there somewhere. Honest! We couldn't find one. No harm. I took TONS - Just need access to them.

well we went home and got the bikes and came back without kids. We stayed for most of 1 session and had to get back home. He might have sat that session out.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #68
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Will do!

btw, I don't think Gryphin was talkin at all. The first round was an eye-opener for everyone, and we learned our lesson well
+1 I learned the value of the right PSI thats for sure, one too many shakes and i was droping PSI! it was cool to see all the tire marks leaving the coner down the back straight leading to diamonds edge, had some serious people with some power slightly spining that rear going down that section at what im sure was well over 100+

spinning at tire at that speed is CRAZY power!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #69
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

I'm home and back to typing with one hand for a while. The 'Priller is ok with the exception of slightly tweaked handlebars. Just a excuse to spend money on her.

I do have a broken collar bone :( , think Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited can order me a new one?

Just goes to show u can never check too much stuff on your bike. I changed my oil and checked my radiator fluid. I guess now I know why the radiator was a bit low, the coolant was in the expansion tank

I know this, street or track, I'll never ride a bike with anti freeze again!

Thanks to everyone who helped me get home and wished me well. Poor Dave got a crash course (not literally) in unloading bikes from a trailer.

It was awesome seeing the new faces at the track! You guys AND GALS were progressing quickly in the short time I was there, and it sounds like you kept getting better.

I wish I was around longer to help out I hope one or two of you learned something from me besides the hazards of anti-freeze

I'll be back

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #70
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR View Post
I'm home and back to typing with one hand for a while. The 'Priller is ok with the exception of slightly tweaked handlebars. Just a excuse to spend money on her.

I do have a broken collar bone :( , think Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited can order me a new one?

Just goes to show u can never check too much stuff on your bike. I changed my oil and checked my radiator fluid. I guess now I know why the radiator was a bit low, the coolant was in the expansion tank

I know this, street or track, I'll never ride a bike with anti freeze again!

Thanks to everyone who helped me get home and wished me well. Poor Dave got a crash course (not literally) in unloading bikes from a trailer.

It was awesome seeing the new faces at the track! You guys AND GALS were progressing quickly in the short time I was there, and it sounds like you kept getting better.

I wish I was around longer to help out I hope one or two of you learned something from me besides the hazards of anti-freeze

I'll be back

Don't be such a baby- it'll buff right out!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #71
CaptainMorgan
The True Captain

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R6 (sold)
2007 Yamaha R6 (track bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
What a day indeed. Thanks to Sassy for the fine weather order. I was very surprised at the levels of improvement by the 3pm session. There were some fast guys out there for never having been to the track. Capt. Morgan .......dude that was sweet but scary to watch, glad the body control changed things up a bit. Too bad you're off in a week or two, you've got talent. Don't be a stranger, always happy to help the military guys.
My favorite for the day was definatley Ninja Nana. Tells me at the riders meeting she's got 4 miles on her bike. Hats off to you lady, for getting out there at all. Since you've got those sweet leathers, I'm guessing we'll see you again.
There were a few run offs, and a couple low sides going into the keyhole early. Those seemed to be those self critiquing type errors and all continued on trouble free.
Bummer on Mike's get off. Drinks lots of milk Big Guy, four weeks is plenty of time.
I am sorry I am so bad with names, but all of you did well today. Hopefully someone will have some pics of ya'll faces in the pits after the first couple of sessions. BIG SMILES everywhere, even the crashers.
My thanks to Maxgs, Mike RSVR, Awesome Cycles for sponsoring our five lucky noobs. I think they had the most fun of all. As always, to the staff a huge thank you for all you time, effort, and dedication to make LMS what it is. Larry, Bill, Derek, Alan, Alanzo(looked like a noob today), Jason, Mike, Ric Hic, Leon, Tony HOP............Thanks!
make it sound like i was uncontrolled throughout the whole day but yes thanx with all the help with positioning and the pointers i look forward to this sunday if i can work it out wit my dad idk wat the deal is since i leave the following monday
I also know Hardcoresteeevveee who knows TANGO!!!
I once knew a woman who offered her honor So I honored her offer And all night long I was on her and off her
CaptainMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #72
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
well we went home and got the bikes and came back without kids. We stayed for most of 1 session and had to get back home. He might have sat that session out.

Nuthin but love for you guys! Trust me, he doesn't feel slighted. He sat out the next to the last set. I didn't realize you had left, but it makes sense because I remember not "Seeing" you around. It was a really great day. Sun burn and all! Very, Very tired here. Ken says it was his best birthday ever!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #73
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

It was nice to see everyone out there today! Great weather this afternoon and everyone was looking good!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #74
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
Nuthin but love for you guys! Trust me, he doesn't feel slighted. He sat out the next to the last set. I didn't realize you had left, but it makes sense because I remember not "Seeing" you around. It was a really great day. Sun burn and all! Very, Very tired here. Ken says it was his best birthday ever!

thanks for letting my kids hang in the trailer. Sorry we had to sneak out... family first see you guys next time.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #75
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
Don't be such a baby- it'll buff right out!

You think? I got an orbital in the garage! BRB!

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #76
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR View Post
You think? I got an orbital in the garage! BRB!
that's the spririt I got a screw gun... we'll go to home depot tomorrow and find you a couple titanium screw and run them in... buff out the scratches.... good as new
Old 03-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #77
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
make it sound like i was uncontrolled throughout the whole day but yes thanx with all the help with positioning and the pointers i look forward to this sunday if i can work it out wit my dad idk wat the deal is since i leave the following monday
Sorry man, not at all. After that first session you were on the right track. Dude, you lost the front in Diamonds edge bigger than Dallas. Great save, I just wanted you to realize what had happened. Your kart driving shows in your comfort in the slide. Hope you make it out before you ship out.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #78
Squoddybody
This is me.

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
that's the spririt I got a screw gun... we'll go to home depot tomorrow and find you a couple titanium screw and run them in... buff out the scratches.... good as new
Now this is a true friend- there are not many who would help you bolt up your broken bones!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #79
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
Now this is a true friend- there are not many who would help you bolt up your broken bones!
got to get him back on the track asap....
Old 03-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #80
CaptainMorgan
The True Captain

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R6 (sold)
2007 Yamaha R6 (track bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Sorry man, not at all. After that first session you were on the right track. Dude, you lost the front in Diamonds edge bigger than Dallas. Great save, I just wanted you to realize what had happened. Your kart driving shows in your comfort in the slide. Hope you make it out before you ship out.
haha ya that hole after i got to thinkin bout it i did wat ever i could to correct it and workd on body positioning the whole day and that wore me out! but after getting settled down with moving more on the bike the more i was comfortable with it all and all it was well worth coming out for noob day i learned a ton..
I also know Hardcoresteeevveee who knows TANGO!!!
I once knew a woman who offered her honor So I honored her offer And all night long I was on her and off her
CaptainMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement