MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #41
PETE
CLUTCH

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Well, he sure could have written you one, but didn't. He showed compassion there... or was just being nice... not an ""- a lot of cops I know would have wrote you up too. Then you'd have the privilege of paying the ticket AND the tow/ storage fees.

Oh, and to the private property thing, if he saw you riding on the street (which he very likely did or would say he did anyway), that whole "defense" wouldn't hold water.

Lawyer up if you're gonna fight it, but I'd just chalk it up to a learning experience and get that out of the impound before the fees really rack up.

yea i dont wanna go lawyer thing, i just got it out today, no biggy just sucks in fees, but the cop was already parked at shell, i pulled in, but o well
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Make sure your employees arent silverfudge Off Topic 20 01-17-2015 11:49 PM
Buncha dudewhrsmybike Off Topic 37 11-24-2009 02:31 PM
What happens when construction workers are lazy. . . Texas94fs General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 10-15-2009 01:07 PM
A bunch of at Westheimer SB. Waerloga General Discussion (Moto Related) 125 03-24-2008 03:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #42
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

Haha probably the cop that was moved from willowbrook.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #43
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

actually, you can cuss all you want, he's the one who can't. he can't be offended, that's the rule.
but I wouldn't suggest it.
no, he didn't have to tow you, that's between him and the towtruck guy.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #44
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
no, he didn't have to tow you, that's between him and the towtruck guy and kickback money.
Fixed
Old 03-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #45
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

Do you know if they can still tow it if you have a pickup truck there before hes done writing the ticket?
Old 03-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #46
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMan View Post
Do you know if they can still tow it if you have a pickup truck there before hes done writing the ticket?
that's what i was thinking.... just have someone come get the bike for you
Old 03-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #47
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

i was on veterans memorial, i asked the cop to let my friend pick it up on his truck, he said nope, tow truck guy was already in the parking lot as well and they started loading. and besides it would of taken like 40 minutes for my friends to get there bc im from sw galleria, no friends on the NW with trucks
Old 03-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #48
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETE View Post
i was on veterans memorial, i asked the cop to let my friend pick it up on his truck, he said nope, tow truck guy was already in the parking lot as well and they started loading. and besides it would of taken like 40 minutes for my friends to get there bc im from sw galleria, no friends on the NW with trucks
doesn't matter... he wasn't taking you in for anything... so you could sit there with the bike and wait for your friend... as long as it didn't go back out onto the road is all that should matter to him if he is doing his job.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #49
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
doesn't matter... he wasn't taking you in for anything... so you could sit there with the bike and wait for your friend... as long as it didn't go back out onto the road is all that should matter to him if he is doing his job.

too late now, but i was so upset i was like whatever just take it. and he told me no to my friend coming to get it, like i said, dude was a
Old 03-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #50
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
too late now, but i was so upset i was like whatever just take it. and he told me no to my friend coming to get it, like i said, dude was a
maybe it was the same one that yelled at Mala, Steve and me on the side of the road :/: he wasn't very nice either
Old 03-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #51
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

I work with cops almost daily and have gotten to know many over the years, some are really good guys that I consider to be friends and others that I wouldn't let tie my shoe.

Yeah there are cops and good cops, just like there's good riders and others that you don't want in group ride with you or anywhere near you for that matter. They're people just like you and I with differences like anyone else.

I've had to deal with some of the losers that are cops because they couldn't cut in the real world and became officers because it was a steady check. Some of those people shouldn't be allowed to carry matches let alone a badge and gun. The goes to their head and they carried away with their job and have taken a leave of absence from reality. They're lonely people almost guaranteed to be divorced, can't be in a steady relationship and have no real friends outside of work.

The city has lowered their standards for officers because of their desperation to fill empty shoes and shops that sit idle at the stations across town. I personally know of one person that had been diagnosed and hospitalized with a mental disorder who now patrols the streets of Houston, and their dad is serving time for a heroin conviction. How someone like that could be entrusted to "serve and protect" is beyond me, but it convinces me that not all that wear the badge should be. It's not a reflection of the entire force, but something is wrong here and this is living proof of it.

I believe that this guy is one of these insecure people that take pleasure in causing someone else misery. I don't understand the mentality of someone like that. Yeah he took an oath to do a job and has a responsibility, but once that authority goes to their head they love to screw over people because they can. He could have lectured you and given you a warning, or written you a ticket and let you go on your way. He is an insecure man that probably has many issues in this life and has to prove himself in this way. I'll bet he can't look at himself in the mirror without flinching at what he sees looking back at him. I'd be willing to bet he has a reserved parking space with his name at the Internal Affairs office too.

Pete, sorry for the that you went through with this particular guy. He could have done things differently and IMHO more professionally than to have treated you the way he did. You've always been a good guy with everyone here on the board and it was an honor to meet you the time that I did. Wrong is wrong, (as in the expired tags) but what happened to you is inexcusable IMHO.

-d
Old 03-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #52
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

That sux, but it's a lesson in responsibility.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #53
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

true that! lesson learned, imma quit riding!
Old 03-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #54
Racer
Window Washer

Bike(s):
Nothing!!!! Sucks

Send a message via AIM to Racer
thats messed up
Old 03-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #55
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
you can file a complaint.... that is what you can do...
you can get legal.....that is what you can do and this thread would have never happened.

Ride illegal and get caught and its the cops fault?
Old 03-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #56
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
you can get legal.....that is what you can do and this thread would have never happened.

well that too... I was refering to the cop being unprofessional and cussing him out.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:02 PM   #57
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post

who said it was the cops fault ? i dont recall seeing me saying anything pointing fault at the cop, of course its my fault for being expired, i just said hes a because he took joy in getting me towed and not letting me get a friend to pick up the bike.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #58
level5
moving chicane

Cops bashing is a no-no, where is racerX?

Huyzel and hellfroze is right, if your bike is park in a parking space they can't tow your bike unless the owner/employees of the property call them. They can only tow it if you are on public road/street. The cops probably was taking kick back from the tow guy and figured since you are Asian probably knows jack about the laws and do anything about it.

If I were you, I call to the HPD to complaint and find out if they can do that or not.

One time I was riding a bike without registration, inspection, and insurance. I was at a gas station filling up gas to the bike and the cops pull up and told me not to ride it. He was waiting for me to ride it so he could give me a ticket but I got off and push it.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #59
JSC_SLP
Rider

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'05 Repsol
'04 GSXR 600 (track)
'05 SV1000S (sold)

Quote:
true that! lesson learned, imma quit riding!
Why? Just clean up your bike and you'll have no worries. You're thinking of quitting riding b/c you got towed for having illegal tags? C'mon

Advertisement