Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #1
Lonestar
asta e viata

Feedback Rating: (0)

Can someone help me out? This guy rear ended me..

Hey so sunday this guy, rear ended me. me and my brother were in the car.. the guy was chill and said he has insurance, so we didnt file a police report but got his info and he ended up being with state farm as well.. i didnt get much info from him just his name, number, vin number and license plate number.. i need his address and he hasnt responded to state farm yet. is there anyone that can find a person's address from their license plate number? the prob is he's not from az he's from north dakota so i dunno.. if anyone can help me out let me know cuz i really want to get my car fixed and we're waiting for his a$$ to respond..if he doesnt im just going to call my lawyer. but i've never been in an accident so i dont know what to do

this is his plate
North Dakota

HPX 929
Rear ended .....again pester Off Topic 21 06-01-2015 10:13 AM
Just rear ended Lokati Off Topic 49 04-01-2012 11:54 PM
Rear ended Renzo General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 11-04-2011 07:15 PM
got rear ended!! Cortez31 General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 03-31-2007 01:21 AM
anyone get rear ended? Din General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-16-2006 05:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

You didn't get his insurance info and policy number? Chances are he went home and you are f---ked. Hopefully not, but doesn't sound good.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

You need no response from him. Contact state farm give them all the info and they do the rest.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
You need no response from him. Contact state farm give them all the info and they do the rest.
And let this be a lesson. Next time take good pics of the damage and of his license plate with your phone/camera. I hope you verified the name he gave you with his Driver License as well, and got the # off it. Also, if it's not your fault always best to have a police report.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 03-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
And let this be a lesson. Next time take good pics of the damage and of his license plate with your phone/camera. Also, if it's not your fault always best to have a police report.
+1. Also get his insurance info, and DL number and address. ESPECIALLY if he/she is out of state.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

ALWAYS file a police report...

amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
matrix81

Bike(s):
2014 harley 48
2011 yamaha fz8
2013 VROD

Send a message via MSN to matrix81 Send a message via Yahoo to matrix81
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber View Post
ALWAYS file a police report...

+1
matrix81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #8
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

I tried looking up the plate number but PublicData.com doesn't have a lookup for North Dakota plates. It's probably not too late to file a Police report.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Hey so sunday this guy, rear ended me. me and my brother were in the car.. the guy was chill and said he has insurance, so we didnt file a police report but got his info and he ended up being with state farm as well.. i didnt get much info from him just his name, number, vin number and license plate number.. i need his address and he hasnt responded to state farm yet. is there anyone that can find a person's address from their license plate number? the prob is he's not from az he's from north dakota so i dunno.. if anyone can help me out let me know cuz i really want to get my car fixed and we're waiting for his a$$ to respond..if he doesnt im just going to call my lawyer. but i've never been in an accident so i dont know what to do

this is his plate
North Dakota

HPX 929
damm cutie , you are always suppose to file a police report. Good luck
Old 03-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
Lonestar
asta e viata

Quote:
ya but thats the problem..he hasnt contacted state farm and they are waiting for him.. if not i have to pay my dectutable and have to pay a percent out of pocket for a car rental and stuff.. ya my brother got all the info. i was just like freakin out. so now i know what to do.. but this was my first accident.
they said if he doesnt contact them within 30 days they'll just go off of what info i gave them..he has state farm as well so hopefully it'll be ok.. im really upset that i didnt file a police report now.. dont you love when you try to be nice and then YOU get *****d ...ugghh well my brother (not Dgig, other brother) is the genius that got the info. blah.. this blows i hate shaddy ppl
Old 03-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #11
Lonestar
asta e viata

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-SPARTAN View Post
damm cutie , you are always suppose to file a police report. Good luck
now i know... =( im so upset

this sucks...
Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #12
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

Ya doesn't sound good, one time I got hit by a guy who ran a stop sign and the guy gave me Viking Insurance info so I thought it was cool. Turns out that Viking insurance doesn't exist and me lacking his address and phone #, I was totally ! All I knew is that his car was totalled in the junk yard, but I had no clue who or where this guy was. Had to fix my truck myself for about $1800. Sorry for ya...lesson learned.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #13
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
what happened to your deal? you ever get what you were lookin for?
Old 03-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #14
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Were there any witnesses?

2 pay out a claim, the company ur filing against has 2 1st assume liablity, either thru a police report, or if that's not available thru a statement from the customer saying they did it. Until then, unfortunately they are not obligated 2 pay out anything without some proof that their insured actually hit u.

The quick fix is probably gonna be 2 file under ur own policy and be subject 2 ur deductible and a rental would be covered up 2 whatever limit is on ur policy. If/when they finally get a hold of the person at fault, then they will reimburse that deductible back 2 u.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: KEEP A DISPOSABLE CAMERA/PAPER/PEN in ur car at all times (unless u have a camera phone), and here are Things 2 do after an accident (someone might need 2 sticky this):
  1. Get evidence 1st: Immediately after ur hit, if possible, don't move the vehs, get out & snap pics if ur not hurt & it's safe 2 do so. Pics of the vehs as the collision occured, pics of any signals/signs, pics of anything 2 show the direction the vehs were coming from, etc.
  1. Call the Cops: Pull the vehs 2 a safe location, if movable, call the police. They r no longer required 2 come out if there r no injuries, so make the call but expect them 2 just advise u 2 exchange info
  1. *IMPORTANT* Take more pics: Take additional pics of damage 2 ur car, damage 2 their car, and then pics of their license plate, and a pic of the driver. Make sure the pics r as clear as possible
  1. *IMPORTANT* Get the info: when exchanging info, take down, EVERYTING on their Liablity Card and EVERYTHING on their DL including...

On the Liability Card u need,
    Name/address of Insured or policyholder:
    Name/address of Driver:
    Policy number:
    Name/number of agent/company insured thru:
    Year, Make, Model, VIN, of vehicle involved:

On the Driver's License of the driver u need,
    Name/address:
    Date of Birth:
    DL number:

Be sure to get phone numbers, at least 2, for the person that was driving!!!

and get the license plate off the vehicle, if a pic wasn't taken.
  1. Witnesses: Get any names, numbers, and addresses of any witnesses
  1. File a claim: Try and have them or u urself call their insurance company from the scene 2 file a claim, it prevents a change in story when they r giving the facts, but if there isn't time or it's not safe, not a big deal, do it as soon as u get 2 a place 2 do so, but file as soon as possible

If the police don't come out those pics will hold a lot of weight when determining who was at fault and how the accident occured, so snap away.

Last edited by Candy; 03-07-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #15
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
ya but thats the problem..he hasnt contacted state farm and they are waiting for him.. if not i have to pay my dectutable and have to pay a percent out of pocket for a car rental and stuff.. ya my brother got all the info. i was just like freakin out. so now i know what to do.. but this was my first accident.
they said if he doesnt contact them within 30 days they'll just go off of what info i gave them..he has state farm as well so hopefully it'll be ok.. im really upset that i didnt file a police report now.. dont you love when you try to be nice and then YOU get *****d ...ugghh well my brother (not Dgig, other brother) is the genius that got the info. blah.. this blows i hate shaddy ppl
you can still file a police report! do it asap, tell them what happend, and give them all his info. good luck babe, keep us posted!

btw always call the police and file a report, if not you can get screwed
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #16
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

I had this happen to me before. A lady actually hit me in a parking lot. She actually waited for me to come out of the store so she could tell me in person, which I thought was a rare occurance. Well I got her info, filed with her company, and also called mine to inform them of the situation. Well her ins company couldnt get ahold of her for like two months. Finally my insurance said just let them take care of it and they would go after her insurance. At the last min they got in contact with her before I went with mine. No point to the story i guess, just giving my experience.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #17
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
what happened to your deal? you ever get what you were lookin for?
Yup, sure did

Some weird Mercury Mutual Ins. :/:
Old 03-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #18
RinasDaddy
When in doubt, restart!

Bike(s):
10 Speed :(

That sucks, should of called the cops but oh well you live and you learn
RinasDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #19
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

+1 on the camera. I got screwed in an accident because I did not have a camera and the hag who I (supposedly- long story)hit, got her entire front end and heater repaired after an accident at about 10 mph!

There will always be dishonest people. Sorry you're having to deal with this- it's not fun.

follow me on IG - squoddybody

Last edited by Squoddybody; 03-07-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #20
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 3 years

definitely have some sort of camera...if you don't call the police, make sure to get all their info at least. experiences i have had so far have turned out good, but you never know.

Advertisement