MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #21
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

well now, that was a very well-formulated reponse. nice.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
:::NewRider's paradise::: CUZ Off Topic 34 04-02-2012 08:09 PM
Burnout Paradise Dreamer!! Off Topic 14 12-06-2008 12:31 PM
gaming paradise witchdoctor575 Off Topic 15 06-14-2007 02:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #22
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by coojo View Post
Sorry in advance for long post.

I have yet to come up with a locked in place religious belief. I have yet to fully read the bible or any other texts from other religions, and even if I had, I doubt I would fully accept one in its entirety enough to be convinced of what 'will' happen. Probably the only argument I have ever heard and taken to heart in a religious argument was made by my cousin Randy, 'What is the downside in believing in ? If you do believe, and follow teachings set forth by the church and the Bible, and He does exist, you will go to heaven. If He doesn't, you will have lived a wholesome, humble, all-around good life and will be remembered by friends and family as a good person. While if you don't believe in and He doesn't exist, and you do whatever you want, you will live a life that is free, but most likely lacking in morals, hope, and goals. If you don't believe in and He does exist, you go to when you die.'

Personally, I believe many people who argue that they don't believe in actually say it as a result of A) either a small intelligence/large ego, unable and unwilling to try and comprehend a being that the mere possibility of its existence is of greater importance than their own lives. B) An attempt to further evade responsibility or justify their actions ('your character is judged by how you act when nobody's looking') or C) depression, a simple 'glass is half-empty' view where they don't believe they could ever be rewarded for following simple rules like not killing another human and not sleeping with their neighbors. I have friends that I would put under the last category, and they are still great people, perhaps even more so because I know they act of their own accord

Personally, I believe in Christ, but I do not follow the christian belief that all non-christians go to . I can't accept the fact that someone that's equally devoted to 'their' would go to and I go to heaven, solely because of the religion our families worshiped when we were born. For me to try and accept that would be the same as accepting that some people are born into a wealthy family and suddenly they deserve anything they have more than an equally dedicated and capable poorer child. I don't believe I was born into a christian family and deserve to go to heaven if I so choose, while another is doomed to and they deserve it because it's how they were born. And yes I understand that despite it being wrong, some people are simply born with an advantage over poorer families, but I believe would have thought this over long before I ever got the idea, and had his own solution.

That line may happen to be more egotistical then the ding bat you are trying to portray.

Anyways, is it possible that the lack of belief is simply because of the lack of ego itself? To acknowledge ones own inability is sometimes the greatest reward.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:44 AM   #23
coojo
Uber Newb

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 ninja 250

Hmm... never thought about it that way... but I still am going to hold that "...I believe many people who argue that they don't believe in ..." are in line with what I said previously. I will give it more thought though.
coojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #24
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by coojo View Post
Hmm... never thought about it that way... but I still am going to hold that "...I believe many people who argue that they don't believe in ..." are in line with what I said previously. I will give it more thought though.
Well yes, you are speaking of Atheist but there are others known as Agnostics. Those people simply realize it is difficult to know what may lie beyond the human perception. Then you have the mixes that come from those ideas or lack of. I agree that there are some people who do not recognize larger beings. Our own sun is one of those concepts. It is an entity that serves a higher purpose. Do most people see it that way? Not really. And then you have this being known as Earth. Does it serve a higher purpose? Obviously it does, otherwise we would not be here contemplating our existence.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement