MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

heaven or a paradise on earth what do you believe???

all people that are in gods favour go to heaven or be resurrected in a pradise on earth what do you believe and please back up the beliefs.......I'll let a couple responses go by then I'll have my say.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
:::NewRider's paradise::: CUZ Off Topic 34 04-02-2012 08:09 PM
Burnout Paradise Dreamer!! Off Topic 14 12-06-2008 12:31 PM
gaming paradise witchdoctor575 Off Topic 15 06-14-2007 02:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
gixxerbill

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

The earth(present one) will be detroyed and a new bigger one will be created. We(Christians) will live in the new Jeruselum(Heaven). That will be 1500 miles wide and 1500 miles high. For a city that big the earth is going to have to be alot bigger to support it. There will be no pain, no suffering and no death. That is why it will be called Heaven.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Do you, by any chance, have a copy of the blueprints for this project? you have a lot of detailed information there. it would be nice to check it out early so I can get a loft near the hockey arena. as far as backing up beliefs, are these facts or just something you read and somehow assume are facts? cuz if there is definative proof you're right, I wanna know.
but if this is just speculation written thousands of years ago by people with zero credibility I'll go back to watching family guy.
will there be a section so I don't have to hang around baptists or jehova's witnesess's? those guys can be really hypocritical, and annoying. I'm actually wondering this and not trying to be a helmet.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
Do you, by any chance, have a copy of the blueprints for this project? you have a lot of detailed information there. it would be nice to check it out early so I can get a loft near the hockey arena. as far as backing up beliefs, are these facts or just something you read and somehow assume are facts? cuz if there is definative proof you're right, I wanna know.
but if this is just speculation written thousands of years ago by people with zero credibility I'll go back to watching family guy.
will there be a section so I don't have to hang around baptists or jehova's witnesess's? those guys can be really hypocritical, and annoying. I'm actually wondering this and not trying to be a helmet.
i literally loled at that one.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #5
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

If you are waiting for 's gifts then most likely you missed the boat.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
i literally loled at that one.
+1. That was a good one.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

I don't feel like getting quotes from the bible to show what I believe, maybe later.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #8
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

oh, and as far as the destruction of the earth, will my homeowners' policy be invalid? can I add a "earth destruction clause" at a good rate by pete? is it possible that Professor Chaos will be behind the detruction, with his accomplice General Disarray and the Minions? that was a really good episode, people having at coors field, floods. give me a good estimate on time since you clearly have this in lockdown and I wanna be near Hefners' house when it goes down. oh, and do you think the new heaven will be brick or tiltwall concrete? I want to bid on the roofs, no rain no problem!

PM's open temporarily.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

from what i remember from catholic school, in heaven it is just you and . if thats so, i say fack heaven, sounds pretty weak to me.
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #10
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

I guess some makes jokes about this situation and that is all fine and dandy if that is what you're going to believe. But, wouldn't it be nice to live in forever without hate, jealousy, pain, depression, old age, and this list can go on and to be closer to ? Call me crazy, but that is what I am striving for.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #11
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

it sounds great, if i thought it were true.
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #12
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

I'm all for a lot of these things, but making stuff up is counter-productive. not really helping the human species by creating bizarre rules and rituals and avoiding common sense for fantasy worlds.
maybe making a heaven here is not a bad idea? since we're all here anyway. and since there's no way of proving any of this, maybe we should just use our head.

PM's open temporarily.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:08 AM   #13
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Well, you have freewill man, you can go ahead and believe the fantasy tale of evolution with the old big bag theory(have to have more faith to believe in that nonsense I think that btw) watch the family guy and look forward to being a rotting corpse 6 feet under for eternity(and that is only if you right about there being no ) If your wrong about that one, you can raise the temperature a WAY BIT HIGHER.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #14
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
I'm all for a lot of these things, but making stuff up is counter-productive. not really helping the human species by creating bizarre rules and rituals and avoiding common sense for fantasy worlds.
maybe making a heaven here is not a bad idea? since we're all here anyway. and since there's no way of proving any of this, maybe we should just use our head.
There really is no need to insult other beliefs.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #15
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Quote:
all people that are in gods favour go to heaven or be resurrected in a pradise on earth what do you believe and please back up the beliefs.......I'll let a couple responses go by then I'll have my say.
before you go attacking ones religion, maybe you should read teh question at hand, smart .
Old 03-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #16
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

every religion has it's one notion about Heaven ... for me heaven will be living eternally at the time and place where I was most happy.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #17
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
before you go attacking ones religion, maybe you should read teh question at hand, smart .
if you plan on starting a thread indicating that you have the unseen plan documents for your house in the afterlife, you should probably have a little backup. or else you sound a little crazy. a lot crazy. exact dimensions of your next living room? I'm gonna need a little proof, sorry to be a spoil-sport.

and we can see evolution as it works right now. you just gotta pick up a science book. how old is the earth in your opinion? and how did your source determine this? remember the scientific method? I would expect anything I come up with to be held to that scrutiny.but believe what you want and make up anything you want but expect to be noted as crazy. I expect to be called crazy for my logic-based theories, sportsfan.
don't forget to tell everyone you see that doesn't believe what you came up with that they're going to , cuz some guys you never heard of wrote something thousands of years ago that has been translated several times over said so. right.
this from the guys that have convinced you every species on earth lived within walking distance of noah's house.

logans idea is pretty good.

and where's the fun in life if you can't tease other people about their religion? you can tease me about my receding hair, small wee-wee, crappy job, slow bike, poor mma skills, fat girlfriend, untrained dogs, messy house, slow car, lack of education, poor diction, or lack of style. oh, and my poorly executed tats, tasteless sense of humor, and amazing lack of sensitivity.
have at me, go nuts. it's all fun, isn't it?

PM's open temporarily.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #18
mrclean
Squid Pro Quo

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda XL 600
Blackbird
RC51
1000RR
CB 350

Sorry so late respond to this thread but I was in heaven (on earth, skiing at Steamboat)

First, heaven is for suckers. Fire and brimstone only serve to scare the sheeple into submission.

Second, we only have each other and this moment, so, make the most of your day and your life and practice random acts of kindness (except for this anti-superstition thread) to make this a better world. The man Jesus would agree. Since he is the son of and we are the children of , we (meaning you) should not get caught up in the destination (heaven) and forget about the journey (which was Jesus' message, and look what they did to him).

If you don't understand, go back to your fire and brimstone or practice ritual-suicide as a means of self-improvement.

Have a glorious day!

I used to be all messed up on drugs, now I'm messed up on the Lord.

Last edited by mrclean; 03-08-2008 at 08:13 PM.
mrclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #19
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
Sorry so late respond to this thread but I was in heaven (on earth, skiing at Steamboat)

First, heaven is for suckers. Fire and brimstone only serve to scare the sheeple into submission.

Second, we only have each other and this moment, so, make the most of your day and your life and practice random acts of kindness (except for this anti-superstition thread) to make this a better world. The man Jesus would agree. Since he is the son of and we are the children of , we (meaning you) should not get caught up in the destination (heaven) and forget about the journey (which was Jesus' message, and look what they did to him).

If you don't understand, go back to your fire and brimstone or practice ritual-suicide as a means of self-improvement.

Have a glorious day!

I used to be all messed up on drugs, now I'm messed up on the Lord.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:13 AM   #20
coojo
Uber Newb

Bike(s):
2004 ninja 250

Sorry in advance for long post.

I have yet to come up with a locked in place religious belief. I have yet to fully read the bible or any other texts from other religions, and even if I had, I doubt I would fully accept one in its entirety enough to be convinced of what 'will' happen. Probably the only argument I have ever heard and taken to heart in a religious argument was made by my cousin Randy, 'What is the downside in believing in ? If you do believe, and follow teachings set forth by the church and the Bible, and He does exist, you will go to heaven. If He doesn't, you will have lived a wholesome, humble, all-around good life and will be remembered by friends and family as a good person. While if you don't believe in and He doesn't exist, and you do whatever you want, you will live a life that is free, but most likely lacking in morals, hope, and goals. If you don't believe in and He does exist, you go to when you die.'

Personally, I believe many people who argue that they don't believe in actually say it as a result of A) either a small intelligence/large ego, unable and unwilling to try and comprehend a being that the mere possibility of its existence is of greater importance than their own lives. B) An attempt to further evade responsibility or justify their actions ('your character is judged by how you act when nobody's looking') or C) depression, a simple 'glass is half-empty' view where they don't believe they could ever be rewarded for following simple rules like not killing another human and not sleeping with their neighbors. I have friends that I would put under the last category, and they are still great people, perhaps even more so because I know they act of their own accord

Personally, I believe in Christ, but I do not follow the christian belief that all non-christians go to . I can't accept the fact that someone that's equally devoted to 'their' would go to and I go to heaven, solely because of the religion our families worshiped when we were born. For me to try and accept that would be the same as accepting that some people are born into a wealthy family and suddenly they deserve anything they have more than an equally dedicated and capable poorer child. I don't believe I was born into a christian family and deserve to go to heaven if I so choose, while another is doomed to and they deserve it because it's how they were born. And yes I understand that despite it being wrong, some people are simply born with an advantage over poorer families, but I believe would have thought this over long before I ever got the idea, and had his own solution.
coojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement