MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #21
JSki

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Hey, mine has a vtwin in it, does it qualify as a cruiser? I sit up right! LoL!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this a re-post? "Fastest" MotoGP full length documentary sequel to "Faster". eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 05-27-2011 10:23 AM
Good Bye "Habeas Corpus", Hello "Enemy Belligerent Act of 2010" CaJuNsOuLjA The Circus 70 03-12-2010 03:22 PM
When you made your street bike "TRACK ONLY" why did u buy track/race body work? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 51 10-17-2008 01:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #22
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

NoFear- there are plenty of folks that ride the 'Busa in the regular groups, you can do it! If you don't feel comfortable in the "B" group (I don't know what your track experience is), then you can sign up for the "C" group on Sunday the 11th and take the "noob" class.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #23
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
NoFear- there are plenty of folks that ride the 'Busa in the regular groups, you can do it! If you don't feel comfortable in the "B" group (I don't know what your track experience is), then you can sign up for the "C" group on Sunday the 11th and take the "noob" class.
Come out No Fear!!! Let's get those chicken strips taken of for you
Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #24
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Come out No Fear!!! Let's get those chicken strips taken of for you
I like Chicken
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #25
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
My track experience is = 0
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #26
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
My track experience is = 0
if you need help, i'll get those strips off for you in about 2 laps.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #27
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
if you need help, i'll get those strips off for you in about 2 laps.
LSTD Mafia to the rescue
Old 03-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #28
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
LSTD Mafia to the rescue
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #29
poser
Banned

Bike(s):
something slow

User is banned

poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #30
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by poser View Post
I know what LSTD is but what does Mafia stand for?
It's a family, you wouldn't understand, and we're not allowed to talk about it.

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #31
KillinTime

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
13' Cbr1000rr
Suzuki Boulevard

Whats with all the conflict between cruisers and sport bikes?? A bike is a bike...A true rider would just enjoy riding regardless of who their riding with.
KillinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #32
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

What is a good time for a big bike like a goldwing or harley ultra? Also if I brought my wing out could I ride it in the cruiser class and then ride my gixxer in A group? I mean it would be fun to try then wing at TWS (Texas World Speedway) but I don't want to go all that way without being able to do a session on the gixxer too.

Well? tom?
Old 03-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #33
poser
Banned

Bike(s):
something slow

User is banned

poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #34
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillInTime View Post
Whats with all the conflict between cruisers and sport bikes?? A bike is a bike...A true rider would just enjoy riding regardless of who their riding with.
what conflict are you refering to?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #35
KillinTime

Bike(s):
13' Cbr1000rr
Suzuki Boulevard

Quote:
what conflict are you refering to?
Most people that ride cruiser's don't even look at 1's on sports bike..much less throw a hand out there...It's like they want to be split up..ride with your kind type deal...a bike is a bike..regardless if your riding either..i enjoy riding with all and any bike, don't get me wrong there are some out there that are cool..but i would say 90% want to run you off the road
Old 03-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #36
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
What is a good time for a big bike like a goldwing or harley ultra? Also if I brought my wing out could I ride it in the cruiser class and then ride my gixxer in A group? I mean it would be fun to try then wing at TWS (Texas World Speedway) but I don't want to go all that way without being able to do a session on the gixxer too.

Well? tom?
Yes, you can sign up in "A" group and sign up to ride your 'Wing or Harley in the "Cruiser" group too.

I'd love to see you out there on both!

Killintime,

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but it sounds like a different topic than the one we have going here. I certainly don't have anything against people who ride cruisers, and could care less if someone has a problem with me because I don't ride one (but would). Heck, one of the owners of LSTD works for Mancuso, so I KNOW he doesn't have any problems with cruisers- hence the reason why we go out of our way to have a special track day for those that own them. It's a fantastic way to get to know your machinery, no matter what the style the bike is, or what name is on the tank!
Old 03-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #37
KillinTime

Bike(s):
13' Cbr1000rr
Suzuki Boulevard

Quote:
Yes, you can sign up in "A" group and sign up to ride your 'Wing or Harley in the "Cruiser" group too.

I'd love to see you out there on both!

Killintime,

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but it sounds like a different topic than the one we have going here. I certainly don't have anything against people who ride cruisers, and could care less if someone has a problem with me because I don't ride one (but would). Heck, one of the owners of LSTD works for Mancuso, so I KNOW he doesn't have any problems with cruisers- hence the reason why we go out of our way to have a special track day for those that own them. It's a fantastic way to get to know your machinery, no matter what the style the bike is, or what name is on the tank!
Not trying to be a Smart A$@.... But how can you respond to me ..and say that you don't know what im talking about....Then Explain how you don't have anything against people who ride cruisers?? which is exactly what i'm talking about... Unless im not reading right..The post does have something to do with what i'm saying..."ever get jealous of them "ninjabikes" at the track" which is talking about sport bikes which is seperating them into 2 different bike type's....but i do agree with you about what the name is on the tank and what style bike your riding shouldn't matter...it's posts like this that try to seperate cruiser's and sport bike's when people who ride should just love to ride no matter what your riding or who it's with...
Old 03-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #38
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

i think you're taking this a little too personally.

i'd imagine that you don't see too many cruisers at track days, and i wasn't even aware that they would let them run. i also find it much less intimidating to try and go up there knowing that it'll only be cruisers.

there is an inheirant difference in the design of the bikes and the way they ride. the rider knows that difference, and for (i'd say probably) the majority of riders, it's mostly for the image. "i want to go fast, so i get a sport bike" or "i want to be seen as a hard-, i ride a harley" are stereotypes for a reason.

there are a good number of bikers who don't discriminate against people who ride the other, and your calling him out in this case sounds to me like calling someone racist because they acknowledge there's a difference in the skin color of black people and white people.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #39
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillInTime View Post
Not trying to be a Smart A$@.... But how can you respond to me ..and say that you don't know what im talking about....Then Explain how you don't have anything against people who ride cruisers?? which is exactly what i'm talking about... Unless im not reading right..The post does have something to do with what i'm saying..."ever get jealous of them "ninjabikes" at the track" which is talking about sport bikes which is seperating them into 2 different bike type's....but i do agree with you about what the name is on the tank and what style bike your riding shouldn't matter...it's posts like this that try to seperate cruiser's and sport bike's when people who ride should just love to ride no matter what your riding or who it's with...
Yeah man, you are reading waaaay too much in to it. I'm responding to your posts where you insinuate that people have a problem with sportbikes or people who ride cruisers, that's all.

The separation is that most of the time, people who ride cruisers don't attend track days, or think they can't (as above), and my comment was tongue in cheek (for the humor impaired).

Simply, we do allow cruiser type bikes in our "C" group, and have had them in the past. Everything from Goldwings to the 883 Sportsters, to the Shadow and V-Stars.

The reason I posted up about the "cruiser only group" is because this is the first time we've had a group dedicated solely to that type of bike due to a large demand by folks. Like Bill mentioned, he may want to get an "A" group ticket and a "C" group ticket to ride both of his bikes.

Sorry, but I think this is getting way blown out of proportion, it's simply a track day with a group dedicated solely to the folks that ride non-sportbike or racer replica style bikes.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #40
jeffLSTD
A hit off the track pipe?

Bike(s):
'08 Kawasaki ZX-10R (track bike)

Indeed!

In any case, it's a great time to own a bike, PERIOD. I rode Texas World yesterday on the CBR1000RR, then rode my Boulevard M109R into work today.

I luv this country.

Advertisement