MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
TeXasGiXXer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750

Send a message via AIM to TeXasGiXXer
Scorpio Alarms

I have one of these alarms that I have had for about 2 years or so, but haven't been using it because my remote fell in the pool long ago. Well, I bought one a about a year ago and had problems encoding it. So I returned it. Well, I just ordered another one cause I live in an apartment now and worry more than ever about my bike. So I am still having problems encoding my new transceiver. Does anyone have one of these? Everything is connected right because my old remote worked; only you have to press the arm button 5 dozen times to arm the bike, which is difficult as . What do you guys think I should try? Technical support wasn't much help. So I leave it to the best! You Guys

2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750
TeXasGiXXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motorcycle alarms bioGuru General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 11-11-2010 05:15 PM
Motorcycle Alarms Infinite General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 10-21-2010 02:03 PM
Anyone know any good alarms? tommy832 How To's and Q & A's 6 05-28-2010 09:00 PM
alarms pleong Performance and Modifications 3 01-08-2008 01:34 AM
alarms speed622 General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 09-30-2006 03:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
IT MIGHT BE THAT THE SIGNAL SENT BY THE REMOTE IS NOT BEING PICKED BY THE ALARM. MAKE SURE THE ANTENA[ A BLACK WIRE HANGING FROM THE MODULE] IS EXPOSED AND NOT COVERED BY ANY METALLIC SURFACES. THAT'S MY ONLY SUGGESTIONS, OTHERWISE, YOUR REMOTE MIGHT NOT HAVE THE CORRECT CODING.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
Waerloga

Member Garage

in car alarms you have to program the remote first. most of the time it involves having the ingintion in the on position and flipping the valet switch in a certain pattern then pressing the buttons on the remote in a certain pattern.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
MACK
I'm voice activated

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!

Member Garage

pm me we sell theese things. i can help you figure it out.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
TeXasGiXXer

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750

Send a message via AIM to TeXasGiXXer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHINX View Post
IT MIGHT BE THAT THE SIGNAL SENT BY THE REMOTE IS NOT BEING PICKED BY THE ALARM. MAKE SURE THE ANTENA[ A BLACK WIRE HANGING FROM THE MODULE] IS EXPOSED AND NOT COVERED BY ANY METALLIC SURFACES. THAT'S MY ONLY SUGGESTIONS, OTHERWISE, YOUR REMOTE MIGHT NOT HAVE THE CORRECT CODING.
Old Remote: Water damage but occasionally works somewhat
New Remote: Having problems encoding it

Let me try and explain this again. I am pretty sure that everything is properly connected and in working order. Because, On my old remote, I have to press the button numerous time to arm/disarm the bike, which works occasionally. I am just having difficulty encoding the new remote. But, as I think about it, it could be that the antenna is covered up by a metallic surface. I'll have to check it the next chance that I get.

2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750
TeXasGiXXer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement