MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis
 
Zapata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Katy/Conroe
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 2,617

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge



Member Garage


Motorcycle Laser Jammers..??

Hello Team and sorry if this is a repost (can not found anything similar to laser jammers, only radar jammers and that seems to be something totally different)

Has anyone tried this??

http://www.stealthstreetbike.com/mot...er-jammers.htm

Currently I'm using a regular Cobra Radar Detector but when I get caught in the rain it starts working funny. I guess to all the masive amounts of water inside the the electronics, anyway, the funny thing is that once I dry it with a hair dryer starts working fine.

With this laser Jammer the main unit is stored under the seat and the control heads are mounted in the front and rear of the motorcycle.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laser Jammers legal in Texas HoustonGixxer Car Forum 7 07-22-2011 08:34 AM
Laser VEIL sbfuller Performance and Modifications 19 04-15-2009 11:02 AM
AHH LASER TO MY EYE!WHAT?!? Gryphin Off Topic 36 05-31-2008 09:12 PM
LASER TAG! WOULD YOU BE INTRESTED? Mrs. ~T~ Off Topic 34 12-27-2006 10:47 AM
Just got a laser cutter IDEAS! Robopath General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 09-13-2005 04:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
Gryphin
09 r1!
 
Gryphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 4,214

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)



Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
dont work.. just learn to not ride so fast....
__________________
Quote:
We as riders know the risks we take everytime we put that kickstand up and twist the throttle.
Gryphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
infidel
drpickles
 
infidel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SL
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,059

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











i had something similiar on my camaro ,it didn't work with the dps laser and i believe they are illegal in texas now
__________________
It's too bad Chlamydia has to be a venereal disease. It's such a pleasant-sounding word.
Chlamydia?
Chlamydia.
Chlamydia. I think I might name my daughter Chlamydia.
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
Hello Team and sorry if this is a repost (can not found anything similar to laser jammers, only radar jammers and that seems to be something totally different)

Has anyone tried this??

http://www.stealthstreetbike.com/mot...er-jammers.htm

Currently I'm using a regular Cobra Radar Detector but when I get caught in the rain it starts working funny. I guess to all the masive amounts of water inside the the electronics, anyway, the funny thing is that once I dry it with a hair dryer starts working fine.

With this laser Jammer the main unit is stored under the seat and the control heads are mounted in the front and rear of the motorcycle.

I'm sorry but thats has to be one of the dumbest things I heard on this forum.


Lasers need to bounce off something reflective, sbfuller knows quite a bit about it.


But, for further advice, keep the electronics out of the ran, unless their waterproofed
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,916

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









i've done LOTS of research on this... and there is a forum specifically for this... www.radardetector.net

the blinder works fine but the best reviews are from the Laser interceptor...

and the cobra... invest in a better detector as well. check out www.guysoflidar.com for the radar detector reviews and tests.

on a bike, and at the speeds they are capable of, i'd want as much warning time as possible to slow down, that is why i went with the V1. Granted it won't save you from a point blank instant on encounter, but the constant on or a brief I/O encounter that i can pick up from further out is a big deal to me. I'd like to do a lazer interceptor when i have the money, but until then i will put some VEIL on my headlight... it cuts down on the amount of infrared light that is reflected back to the lazer, thus decreasing the distance he can get a reading. the 1st generation VEIL would kinda cloud over the lens and decreases the amout of light that your headlight emits... but that has been discontinued and they are working on a 2nd generation that will fix those problems. i'm waiting for that then i will order some
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #6
OMEGA
good eenin *****es
 
OMEGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: se houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 7,971

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000




Member Garage





my freind had one he said that it jams the signal but you have to turn it off once you radar acknowledge its beenig shot by a laser, he said that if the cops get a haywire signal for to long they will pull you over
__________________
GU flag
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENTS!
OMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
my freind had one he said that it jams the signal but you have to turn it off once you radar acknowledge its beenig shot by a laser, he said that if the cops get a haywire signal for to long they will pull you over
I wonder if that probable cause to search your vehicle for a laser jammer ?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,916

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
my freind had one he said that it jams the signal but you have to turn it off once you radar acknowledge its beenig shot by a laser, he said that if the cops get a haywire signal for to long they will pull you over
yes... let the cop get a signal once you have reduced your speed, some jammers are capable of a jam to gun (JTG).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
I wonder if that probable cause to search your vehicle for a laser jammer ?
no... it will confuse them, but laser jammers are not illegal
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy