MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Need Help with PocketBike

So basically i order a Cag - Daytona off of Pocketbikes.com, built it, filled it up, tried starting it - no luck.

Now i'm not mechanically inclined but i do know how to pull start , my generator works that way too .

What do you guys think could be wrong with it - i mean i know its made in china and all, but should'nt it atleast start?

Taking it too a pro shop is not an option, i check the spark plug (good condition), choke, fuel petcock and all - everything seems to be in the right place in proper condition.

But it just won't start?!

Anybody here with pocket bike experience? Or the cag to be exact?

thanks in advance!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pocketbike video... Hooligan General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 11-12-2008 11:50 PM
cag or 49cc pocketbike engine parts yellowjacket Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 10-19-2008 11:07 PM
Pocketbike/Fiddy Meet? iRIDEsolo Events, Meets and Rides 5 10-21-2007 11:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
So basically i order a Cag - Daytona off of Pocketbikes.com, built it, filled it up, tried starting it - no luck.

Now i'm not mechanically inclined but i do know how to pull start , my generator works that way too .

What do you guys think could be wrong with it - i mean i know its made in china and all, but should'nt it atleast start?

Taking it too a pro shop is not an option, i check the spark plug (good condition), choke, fuel petcock and all - everything seems to be in the right place in proper condition.

But it just won't start?!

Anybody here with pocket bike experience? Or the cag to be exact?

thanks in advance!

moe.. semi expert with cags here..... did you wash out the gas tank first.. most hard first starts are stuff in the gas tank or fuel line.. it always happens..might have to flush the tank and fine line and check the petcock .. and maybe the reed could have trash in it.. these things run and run well .. just littl probs with fuel and such....do you have the ZH1 motor.. or do you know.. its a hot good engine..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Yea man - i made sure it was a ZH1 motor (based on your experiences from my other thread).

But the company is being a about returning emails, their phone is also out of service.

I'll have to see about the flushing and stuff - i'm thinking i'll just f`ing pull start it another 100 or so times and it just might come to life :P!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 03-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Yea man - i made sure it was a ZH1 motor (based on your experiences from my other thread).

But the company is being a about returning emails, their phone is also out of service.

I'll have to see about the flushing and stuff - i'm thinking i'll just f`ing pull start it another 100 or so times and it just might come to life :P!
man you shouldnt have to pull it more than 3 times.. that zh 1 motor is hot.. like 13500 rpm.. like mad hornets.. i got some race parts if ya want em.. hot carb, reeds etc... never used...

when ya pull it.. is your plug ever wet?? do you know your getting spark on the plug.. i know this sounds silly to asked.. but have to track it down.

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Check all your electrical connection and make sure you're getting fuel/ spark. Fuel also must be properly mixed with fresh gas/ oil. Check spark with a screw driver in the cap and hold it near the frame. Have someone pull the starter and watch for a spark to jump to the frame.

If you've been doing all this pulling with the choke on, I'd try holding the throttle wide open with the choke OFF and pull a few more times. Often times, a two stroke will pop (like it wants to fire but doesn't) once or twice with the choke on (but won't start), once that happens, you should hold the throttle wide open with the choke off to start it.

You may have to change the spark plug and try this process all over again. New plug, choke ON, pull until the engine "pops". After it "pops", turn the choke OFF and hold the throttle wide open and pull.

Check the manufacturer's starting procedure that you should have gotten with the bike. Some of them recommend holding the throttle open with the choke ON for cold starts too. After it "pops" then choke OFF with throttle wide open until it starts.
If that's all good, sounds like Jim is right and you'll need to pull the fuel system apart and clean things.

Last edited by tomLSTD; 03-03-2008 at 02:08 PM.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
Whorenet
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Tried everything...

no luck...

anybody know of a shop that can do it for cheap ( :( ) or maybe let me borrow their pocket bike for the coming saturday to race in tmgp. (to begin with this is not for me, its for Afi whose going to be racing this year in tmgp.)

She gave me the $200 to order her a cag, and i did - but i guess it turns out i got screwed. Now she does not have a bike to race with this coming weekend. I offered her the CRF100 to race with but she does not feel comfortable. Even volunteered to safety wire the RS50 but she said no. I just down feel like going to harwain and buying another bike..

Anybody wanna lend their pocket bike :$!

Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
vacum pressure

PM txsandman.... He's in your neck of the woods & a handy kinda dude with those.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement