MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #101
Htownz

Member Garage

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoo...4387128&page=1

Caught ABC's attention
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McCain debates HIMSELF on supporting Bush Candy The Circus 14 10-06-2008 10:48 PM
MIA:Stop supporting Terrorism by buying her CD's Heytalktoryan Off Topic 20 08-12-2008 09:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #102
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownz View Post
only cuz it was posted on MH
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #103
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya View Post
only cuz it was posted on MH
We nation-wide baby
Old 03-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #104
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
lol i see the few smart people on mh are up , lol logan , flip and alex lol
actually i am about to go to bed in a few...

random responses

1) you dont fight terrorists with troops. terrorism is a crime. you fight crime with crime fighting tools and intelligence services, not armies...(this is the popular opinion of people in western europe) So yeah, aircraft carriers are not good terror fighting tools. I hope you have no doubts that there are more people willing to blow themselves up today to hurt us than it was in 2001?

2) yeah i liked that analogy of a peace activist standing up without arms in the face of an armed bandit... Usually they get shot. Actually it happened not long ago somewhere in latin america. I am convinced that to kill each other is the instinct we have as mammals and we are better off controlling that instinct then acting on it.

Last edited by nuclearalex; 03-05-2008 at 03:06 PM.
nuclearalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:04 PM   #105
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearalex View Post
actually i am about to go to bed in a few...

random responses

1) you dont fight terrorists with troops. terrorism is a crime. you fight crime with crime fighting tools and intelligence services, not armies...(this is the popular opinion of people in western europe) So yeah, aircraft carriers are not good terror fighting tools. I hope you have no doubts that there are more people willing to blow themselves up today to hurt us than it was in 2001?

2) yeah i liked that analogy of a peace activist standing up without arms in the face of an armed bandit... Usually they get shot. Actually it happened not long ago somewhere in latin america. I am convinced that to kill each other is the instinct we have as mammals and we are better off controlling that instinct then acting on it.
Response to your responses:

1) Do you honestly think we are only there to fight a good fight, and kill terrorist? BTW, I don't think calling them just terrorists is the appropriate term. More like radical Islamic Militants. How do you suppose a radical Militant responds to reason? Maybe we should just arrest them all, read them their rights, and let the judge decide, eh? Might that be best, to assure them psychological help, by reknowned Psychologists, so they may learn to be positive members of the world society? Yeah, that's the ticket!! There's a bigger picture than just sending out troops to shoot and kill.

2) So if we are to control ourselves from killing them, who's gonna control them from killing us? I guess we just go back to 1).
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #106
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

wow this really sparked some bad blood
Old 03-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #107
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Response to your responses:

1) Do you honestly think we are only there to fight a good fight, and kill terrorist? BTW, I don't think calling them just terrorists is the appropriate term. More like radical Islamic Militants. How do you suppose a radical Militant responds to reason? Maybe we should just arrest them all, read them their rights, and let the judge decide, eh? Might that be best, to assure them psychological help, by reknowned Psychologists, so they may learn to be positive members of the world society? Yeah, that's the ticket!! There's a bigger picture than just sending out troops to shoot and kill.

2) So if we are to control ourselves from killing them, who's gonna control them from killing us? I guess we just go back to 1).
May I answer in reverse order:

2) the borders should control them from killing us (yes, Moody, I am also for checking who we let in and who we dont let in)

1) how about trying to leave them alone? they are there, they are militant. so be it... It's just unfortunate that "our oil is there under their sands"... That's why i say - wind and solar energy and let them drown in their oil.

finally historical example as i love history channel :

In 1941 germans said, those russians are under dictatorial rule (true, russians like dictators....), so said germans, lets "go in" and "change the regime in russia".... you know how it ended? 30 million russians dead, 10 million germans dead and 4 years after, one dictator was dead and the other was more powerful. Unforunately as a causualty of all this my 2 granfathers had to die fighting off *invaders* that came on their land. So what that my grandfathers were ruled by a dictator? The invaders were still WRONG!
Invasions are a wrong concept as a rule of thumb! So let's stop calling them "goings in" and start using the right verb - "invading"...
Old 03-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #108
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-SPARTAN View Post
wow this really sparked some bad blood
i completely disagree... we are friendly first of all... and second of all, we are priviledged to be able to discuss this in an open forum...
Old 03-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #109
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
i completely disagree... we are friendly first of all... and second of all, we are priviledged to be able to discuss this in an open forum...
I dunno... There are a lot of comments towards this guy wanting him dead.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #110
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
I dunno... There are a lot of comments towards this guy wanting him dead.
oh i thought John meant bad blood between flip and i. there is no bad blood here... well some maybe because i want his bike but that's all
Old 03-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #111
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
oh i thought John meant bad blood between flip and i. there is no bad blood here... well some maybe because i want his bike but that's all
Hahaha... no sir, you cannot have it!

It's all good with Alex. I had soon realized that debating him is no different than debating my Scientist brother. It's fun to jab at the ignorance of those of academic intelligence, then eagerly await their replies with references, and footnotes ..../You see, that was a jab right there!

I do get annoyed when I see moronic, teenage arguments, though. . I have to admit that, and yet I don't even know why.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement