MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #81
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
http://www.infowars.com/?p=582
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McCain debates HIMSELF on supporting Bush Candy The Circus 14 10-06-2008 10:48 PM
MIA:Stop supporting Terrorism by buying her CD's Heytalktoryan Off Topic 20 08-12-2008 09:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #82
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

I guess this is a favorite past time for some soldiers. **** them.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...54133276163419

Last edited by Crystalline; 03-04-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #83
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=54e_1182844511
http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=6703

Last edited by Crystalline; 03-04-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #84
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
DO YOU THINK THE SITUATION IS WORSE CAUSE YOU SEE IT HAPPEN? (THINKING FROM AN UNBAISE POINT OF VIEW)

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #85
Old School RR

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold
2003 Z1000...currently on the disabled list

Send a message via Yahoo to Old School RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamariKid View Post
No, I am not saying that b/c he is a Marine then it excuses his behavior. I am saying that acting as if this is some horrible act, some dispicable crime, and that he should be locked up or thrown out of the Corps (which in reality he will likely be) is a total and complete over reaction.

I agree that we need to be cognizant about how the actions of our troops are perceived by the public and this is why I think allowing video cameras in the field, or really even in the rear, is a bad idea because it just invites trouble. Flip, I think you are right that the bottom line is that it does, right or wrong, bring discredit upon the Corps. This is why they will end up crucifing this kid. My point is simply that if you truly step back and judge this for what it is, put yourself in the environment, physical and mental, that this kid was in, you might be a little more lenient with your judgement of him.
I have had rockets shot at me and been mortored a billion times........ don't think i ever thought about 1) killing a freakin small animal to pass the time or to have fun, or 2) making a video that appears that i am
Old School RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:10 AM   #86
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
DO YOU THINK THE SITUATION IS WORSE CAUSE YOU SEE IT HAPPEN? (THINKING FROM AN UNBAISE POINT OF VIEW)
I agree with you. I dont think its worse, moreover I believe for every act like that that make it to the video there are 1000s that never do.

That only proves my point: wars are bad, fighting is bad. Especially if that fighting and killing is unnecessary. Weapons are bad. Tell your local congressman to build one less aircraft carrier and instead build a wind/solar energy powerplant.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:41 AM   #87
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearalex View Post
I agree with you. I dont think its worse, moreover I believe for every act like that that make it to the video there are 1000s that never do.

That only proves my point: wars are bad, fighting is bad. Especially if that fighting and killing is unnecessary. Weapons are bad. Tell your local congressman to build one less aircraft carrier and instead build a wind/solar energy powerplant.
You're proving your point based on your belief that there are 1000s of these incidents that go unrecorded. The only thing you just proved is how one single video can cause careless speculation, ignorant accusations, and negative perceptions on what we are doing over there, by propagating a liberal opinion that this is just 1 of 1000s of moronic incidences incurred by our Military.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:12 AM   #88
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
You're proving your point based on your belief that there are 1000s of these incidents that go unrecorded. The only thing you just proved is how one single video can cause careless speculation, ignorant accusations, and negative perceptions on what we are doing over there, by propagating a liberal opinion that this is just 1 of 1000s of moronic incidences incurred by our Military.
I dont have beliefs. I have hypotheses that are based on some sort of logic. Here is my logic:

Our eyes are the "cameras" that capture life as it unfolds. Occasionally (very rarely mind you) in addition to a pair of eyes the life is captured by a camera lens as well. If you estimate that the amount of time the life gets captured by the camera is about 1/1000s of the amount of time it gets captured by the pair of naked eyes you will arrive to my conclusion that for everything that you see on film there are 1000s of similar things that never make it to the film. It could be puppy throwing, throwing of a baseball, or anything else...In zeroth approximation you assign equal probablitities to everything being captured...

Argue with that please!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:58 AM   #89
logan5

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Quote:

that logic carried over would imply that every instance of tourture and death reported or caught on video by the terrorists is just one of a thousand not seen/reported ... makes me even more believe that we need to be there to try and stop them ... which would mean ... yeah ... we need those extra carriers and weapons.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:27 AM   #90
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
that logic carried over would imply that every instance of tourture and death reported or caught on video by the terrorists is just one of a thousand not seen/reported ... makes me even more believe that we need to be there to try and stop them ... which would mean ... yeah ... we need those extra carriers and weapons.
Good morning!

terrorists like to pose on videos, so if puppy-throwers have the same exhibitionist tendencies then i accept that perhaps they also mainly throw puppies when only on camera. So you could have found a flaw in my logic, Logan, i give you that. Also it could be that indeed terrorsts kill and murder a lot more people than they film themselves doing.

But I dont think that the aircraft carriers are good terror-fighting tools. Neither are nuclear bombs.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #91
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

how about this? i'm all for just beating the out of him and concluding that there are problems there we can't fix with a simple solution. we can't nuke em (my choice, before they do us) and we can't save them from themselves (backward and stupid) so anything we come up with is pretty much .

oh, and nuclear bombs stopped an enemy in mid sentence once.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #92
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
WOW the war is about terrorists thats news to me

Quote:
Old 03-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #93
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
how about this? i'm all for just beating the out of him and concluding that there are problems there we can't fix with a simple solution. we can't nuke em (my choice, before they do us) and we can't save them from themselves (backward and stupid) so anything we come up with is pretty much .

oh, and nuclear bombs stopped an enemy in mid sentence once.
nuclear bombs used by this country in WWII killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians. all physicists that participated in manhattan project signed a petition requesting for the bomb to be used on un-populated area. Why were they used on the cities? In late summer of 45 japan was largely defeated. It's not like they were in the prime strength invading california coast and we *had* to bomb their wives and children to stop them "in mid sentence"
Old 03-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #94
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
In late summer of 45 japan was largely defeated. It's not like they were in the prime strength invading california coast and we *had* to bomb their wives and children to stop them "in mid sentence"
True. That is why they were resorting to kamikaze tactics, killing many of our men at the cost of one of their's. That's why they would fight to their every last man, continueing a fight that was already a lost cause. And all this for an almost fanatical allegiance to their Emporor.

Who knows what may have happened had we not used the atomic bomb. Eventually, we would have won, but at what cost in lives to American Servicemen? They were resorting to tactics that we could not make sense of, because they made no sense. We would have been fighting a War against terrorist tactics, like suicide and kamikaze missions, and things of the like. We would have been needlessly fighting their wives and children... and all for their "Glory of their Emporor", whom they revered as their . We did what we thought was the right decision at the time, in consideration of the conditions at that time, and I dare say, that maybe indeed it was the right decision. In fact, I'm pretty sure of that, because it worked, and it saved hundreds, and perhaps thousands of American lives. It showed them that, in their self-speculation, that they had a choice to non-exist, or continue a War that was already over. But I would never even imply that it was an easy decision, understanding the brevity of collateral damages.

Understanding what happened there 6 decades ago, we are too good a Nation, and too good a people, to do something like that ever again. Unfortunately, evil understands this by design. They will laugh in the face of a peace-activist when he walks up to them, shakes its hand and implores them, "Please stop killing innocent people. War is bad, and war is wrong. Look! We even got rid of our Military just to prove it to ya! Let's live together in perfect harmony!"

Quote:
WOW the war is about terrorists thats news to me
War and Peace go hand in hand. Of course we all want peace... and that's why we're at war. There will always be wars until that one hopeful day that Good prevails over Evil... at least until the next schmuck is born.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #95
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Good morning!

But I dont think that the aircraft carriers are good terror-fighting tools. Neither are nuclear bombs.
And good morning back to you, sir.

I forgot to respond to this opinion of yours: Aircraft Carriers are extremely important terror-fighting tools, since they provide the support the troops on the ground need, in a war abroad, from a mobile base.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #96
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

lol i see the few smart people on mh are up , lol logan , flip and alex lol
Old 03-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #97
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
War and Peace go hand in hand. Of course we all want peace... and that's why we're at war. There will always be wars until that one hopeful day that Good prevails over Evil... at least until the next schmuck is born.
"And you think that it is air your breathing....hum" - morpheus

Quote:
Old 03-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #98
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #99
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Looks fake, dog seems dead.

Nevertheless distrubing though.

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #100
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
+1 for once your good enough you wont have to dodge bullets.

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement