MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #41
Old School RR

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold
2003 Z1000...currently on the disabled list

Send a message via Yahoo to Old School RR
He's a
Old School RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McCain debates HIMSELF on supporting Bush Candy The Circus 14 10-06-2008 10:48 PM
MIA:Stop supporting Terrorism by buying her CD's Heytalktoryan Off Topic 20 08-12-2008 09:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #42
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamariKid View Post
You do know that they are fighting a war, right? Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you have to put this in context. This guy is an infantry Marine in a combat zone and gallows humor is going to be alive and well, and you well better believe that he is going to be desensitized to violence, that is if he is going to retain any simblance of sanity. The really stupid thing is allowing these guys to have video cameras.
+1
Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #43
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
i agree bro and its sad to see, just people talking about hope this soldier gets shot or blown up, i have friends in the marines over there and what those guys see over there they dont see over here, people think the world we live in stops in the usa borders, bloodshed happens all around the world all the time and we do nothing to stop this, do i think he's wrong? yeah, do i think he should be blown up or shot? sorry but i dont, that my piece.
Oh yeah, I don't think he should be blown up or shot, either. I see that as a purely emotional reaction to witnessing something that completely the out of someone. I mean what a way to f*ck up your day, by seeing a video like this! I do hope the Marines stick a splintered pole up his , or stick him in a cell with a bunch of "don't ask, don't tell" inmates, though!!
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #44
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
You do know that they are fighting a war, right? Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you have to put this in context. This guy is an infantry Marine in a combat zone and gallows humor is going to be alive and well, and you well better believe that he is going to be desensitized to violence, that is if he is going to retain any simblance of sanity. The really stupid thing is allowing these guys to have video cameras.
I don't understand that but then again I have never been in a war! I realize that I am naive and want to see the good in people! Other than that I really don't know what else to say!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #45
Old School RR

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold

Being in full battle rattle doesn't give anyone the right to be an idiot. And i do think it is his duty to uphold the integrity of the U.S. while serving his countries needs. This is obviously not the way we as a people need to be looked upon.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:12 PM   #46
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Look, assuming that this was not a real 'puppy snuff video', then saying this guy is a moron and that he brought discredit on the Corps, etc, etc, is quite frankly a bunch of . It's just a stupid video made by some jarheads in the middle of the friggin desert with nothing better to do. Stupid, yes, immature, yes, unwise, yes, but to say this guy is scum simply by seeing the video is just IMO emotional froth.

Scum are the dirtbags who made the videos at Abu Grahib.
"assuming that this was not a real 'puppy snuff video' " is the key sentence in your argument. If indeed that is the case, then yes, I agree (to an extent). But if that was a real puppy, then he's a moron, as well as a disgrace, not only to the Marines, but to the human race.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #47
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
All of your arguments are based on your perception that the puppy is not real. In the video itself, he has deliberately made it appear that the puppy is real, and as far as I can see, it is a real puppy. That's his intent. Therefore, I see no reason to assume it's fake until proven otherwise.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #48
nusalazar

Bike(s):
06 cbr 1000rr

ok if that is real......that dude is a fking a-hole!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:24 PM   #49
CalamariKid

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

Whatever dude. The puppy ain't real, it is not a big deal. A disgrace to the Marines? Dude, you don't know a lot of Marines, do you? Let me assure, it is going to take a of a lot more than that to disgrace the Corps.
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #50
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Don't twist my words, bro. I said he is a disgrace to the Marine's, as well as the human race. I never said he disgraced the Corps. I don't know alot, but I know quite a few. Alot of Flips in the Marines and Navy, not to mention I will be with dozens of them tomorrow at the PGR. Would you like me to ask them personally of their opinion on this matter?
Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #51
Old School RR

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold

So just because he's a marine then it makes it all good???????????? wtf. That does not give anyone the right to act like . He's still an extention of the U.S. This is yet another reason why other countries hate us.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #52
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School RR View Post
So just because he's a marine then it makes it all good???????????? wtf. That does not give anyone the right to act like . He's still an extention of the U.S. This is yet another reason why other countries hate us.
Exactly. They will look for any excuse to correlate what this moron did, as a Marine, with who we are as Americans, even though scumbag individuals like him live in their societies as well. He wears a uniform that represents the Marine Corp, which represents the USA.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #53
Old School RR

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold

Being in any branch of the service does not give you a free act like a dumba$$ card. We still have laws to abide by. And if nothing else a little morals to stick to.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #54
CalamariKid

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

No, I am not saying that b/c he is a Marine then it excuses his behavior. I am saying that acting as if this is some horrible act, some dispicable crime, and that he should be locked up or thrown out of the Corps (which in reality he will likely be) is a total and complete over reaction.

I agree that we need to be cognizant about how the actions of our troops are perceived by the public and this is why I think allowing video cameras in the field, or really even in the rear, is a bad idea because it just invites trouble. Flip, I think you are right that the bottom line is that it does, right or wrong, bring discredit upon the Corps. This is why they will end up crucifing this kid. My point is simply that if you truly step back and judge this for what it is, put yourself in the environment, physical and mental, that this kid was in, you might be a little more lenient with your judgement of him.
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #55
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

It is a horrible act, and the Corps should throw him out for it. He was stupid enough to record his own act, with his own named called out in it. His moron rating is no different from a moron named OJ Simpson who records his own "armed robbery". But seriously, what he did was absolutely horrible if this was a real puppy.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #56
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
thats all gravy but im sayin you get mad over a loss dog rather than human life ? wtf? innocent children die over there women get raped by us soldiers and you get all rialed up by a dog? like i said before im not saying what he did was right ima looking at responses from other members on here, but when they come back from war from alot of innocent people dying, there heroes? looks like people take out there anger on the soldiers and not look at whats really wrong with this country like the people that run it
I'd get worked up about it if it was a soldier, a police officer, a senator, the major. I don't think people are hating on his position but it just adds fuel to the fire. I think we'd get worked up about it if we, here in the United States, Texas, Houston, were able to learn about this whether it be audio, or visual. It is a matter of being informed and especially what THEY allow US to know. We know that all those things as you stated above happen, , they happen down the street from our houses, in our own neighborhood but most of the time we don't know it. I also know that there is something completely wrong with our government and I have said my share of .02 on that but it doesn't change anything and it never will. Some people think that this presidential election will change for the better and we'll be really lucky if it does.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #57
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
No, I am not saying that b/c he is a Marine then it excuses his behavior. I am saying that acting as if this is some horrible act, some dispicable crime, and that he should be locked up or thrown out of the Corps (which in reality he will likely be) is a total and complete over reaction.

I agree that we need to be cognizant about how the actions of our troops are perceived by the public and this is why I think allowing video cameras in the field, or really even in the rear, is a bad idea because it just invites trouble. Flip, I think you are right that the bottom line is that it does, right or wrong, bring discredit upon the Corps. This is why they will end up crucifing this kid. My point is simply that if you truly step back and judge this for what it is, put yourself in the environment, physical and mental, that this kid was in, you might be a little more lenient with your judgement of him.
I understand your point very clearly so let me ask you this. If we became lenient on acts such as he pulled in that video, then were would the leniency stop? Just because someone is in a war zone or see's things differently then we do because we're not exposed to that situation that he (might be) in does not mean that we should turn our head when something out of our norm happens. This logic does not account for the other majority of soldiers who still keep their morals intact (knowing that this is animal cruelty and wrong) but are still able to follow orders when need be.

As for them having camera's, give them ALL cameras! We should be allowed to know what goes on, if we want to see. Look at the soldiers who had pow's (I don't really like using that term) and how inhumane they treated these men. Piling them naked, making them perform oral on other men, having these men lose their dignity. If it weren't for video we would never know about it and they would still continue doing these discusting things.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #58
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

either way, what he's done is NOT befitting an armed services member. there are some rules about peoples' behavior and he is in clear violation. hence, he should be dealt with along with anyone caught raping or mistreating anyone. you wear that uniform, you represent our country!
he's one of many that did a poor job of that. I have friends that have over 100 KIA's, and friends that spent their whole tour over there playing spades.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #59
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:

+1 TO THIS PORTION

People are desesitized by the level of violence that they see on an everyday baisis small or great.

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #60
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
+1 TO THIS PORTION

People are desesitized by the level of violence that they see on an everyday baisis small or great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
I understand your point very clearly so let me ask you this. If we became lenient on acts such as he pulled in that video, then were would the leniency stop?
^^^

Advertisement