Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 08:44 AM   #1
74 rat bug

Member Garage

some ppl dont learn too easily (NOLA)

Scott said she doesn't know when, but she's determined to return to her Louisiana home whenever she's able.

For now, however, the former housekeeper at a Quality Inn in New Orleans said she will take her children, Bryoa, 11, Bryan, 9, and Kashod, 10 months, out of Galveston on city-run buses later this week if local officials call for evacuation.

"I'll go wherever I have to go," Scott said.

In Galveston, buses for those without transportation are scheduled to begin running at 10 a.m. Wednesday from the Island Community Center, if Rita threatens to hit Galveston as a hurricane.

If started, the service will run until 2 p.m. Friday, City Manager Steve LeBlanc said.

Scott said she feels even more vulnerable to hurricanes now than before Katrina.

"I might have to evacuate here, too, because I'm right here on the first floor," she said, pointing to the front door of her Palm Terrace apartment just a block off of Broadway in Galveston. "The water could run right in here."

Evacuation will be the only option for her family if Galveston is threatened by a hurricane, she said.

"It's very terrible having to do it all over again, but I have to save my kids." Scott said.

City officials don't have an accurate count of Katrina evacuees who ended up in Galveston, but more than 400 children from the storm-stricken areas are enrolled in Galveston schools.

if i had just come from NOLA theres no way you could get me to live even close to galveston!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess i just may have been blessed with a little more common sense
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not for the Easily Offended-Bo Burnham DvlRacer Off Topic 10 10-27-2010 12:50 PM
this is why you dont learn to stunt on frwys along77082 Off Topic 21 06-02-2009 12:39 AM
Anyone know of a shop that can do this fairly easily? Drws R6 Performance and Modifications 7 10-12-2008 01:26 PM
Old 09-20-2005, 08:49 AM   #2
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
Feedback Rating: (0)

'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Re: some ppl dont learn too easily (NOLA)

NOLA people have a target painted on thier back that only the hurricanes can see.
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #3
74 rat bug

Member Garage

City Hopes To Close Mega Shelters Before Rita Hits
Houston Officials Say Safety Is Priority

POSTED: 6:59 am CDT September 20, 2005
UPDATED: 7:23 am CDT September 20, 2005

HOUSTON -- Houston city leaders hope to help Katrina evacuees avoid another hit, but the plan to empty the city's largest shelters days before Rita is scheduled to come ashore is not sitting well with everyone, KPRC Local 2 reported Tuesday.

Officials with the City of Houston said they would put evacuees still living in the city's two largest shelters, Reliant Arena and the George R. Brown Convention Center, on planes or buses to Fort Chaffee, Ark.

Storm survivors will be offered the same services in Arkansas that they have received in Houston over the past three weeks.

The city said it is all about safety, because those shelters might not hold up in a hurricane.

However, some evacuees said they were caught off guard and feel like they are being pushed out.

"I feel like they could have at least given us until Friday like they said they were. This was so sudden," an evacuee told KPRC Local 2.

"What choice do you have, you know? I don't have a choice," evacuee Keith Phillips said.

"I'm not taking a chance like I did in New Orleans. I stood on the roof for four days and four nights. I'm not taking that chance again," evacuee Wilson Morrison said.

The city hopes to have the two shelters completely empty by Tuesday night.

Shelter organizers said evacuees would be flown or bussed to Fort Chaffee.

listen 2 this ! some of the dumbest mutherfuckers in the nation have come from nola

since there goin 2 arkansas it looks like we donthave 2 worry about any storm after all... its gonna jump up over tx and land straight in arkansas
Old 09-20-2005, 09:33 AM   #4
Feedback Rating: (0)

01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote