MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #101
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

I talked to his brother today. We're going to try to pick up his bike tomorrow and then head over to Herman and see him. Newest news is that he is drinking on his own which is helps a lot with his speech. Should be eating on his own today, if not already, and then he can be moved to his own room.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
maybe MH member? Perf_White_GT Off Topic 8 09-05-2010 07:19 PM
NEW MH MEMBER!!!! 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 28 03-27-2009 06:31 AM
Hopefully NOT a MH member 2slo Off Topic 24 02-18-2008 01:01 PM
MH member down bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 05-04-2007 06:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #102
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I talked to his brother today. We're going to try to pick up his bike tomorrow and then head over to Herman and see him. Newest news is that he is drinking on his own which is helps a lot with his speech. Should be eating on his own today, if not already, and then he can be moved to his own room.
Thanks for the update! We all really appreciate you keeping us informed!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #103
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

what about a full list of injuries? is it better than was first thought or worse? sounds like he is doing better.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #104
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
IT TRULLY INFURIATES ME WHEN CAGERS RUN OVER RIDER AND DONT EVEN STOP TO HELP THE RIDER, I REALLY HOPE HE GETS BETTER SOON AND THE POLICE IS ABLE TO TRACK DOWN THE DRIVER OF THE CAR.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:42 PM   #105
daring

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR-1000

Unbelievable!!! I mean how in the does someone get off having the audacity to do something like this and not even stop to help. I don't care how drunk or stupid you are if another person's life isn't even worth your time to stop and help even after you were the one who screwed up and caused the accident in the first place then I'm sorry to say that I hope that person burns like a ------------ in ...Forever!!!! Sorry to rant but this just flat out me off.

Chris I don't know you but I will definitely pray for you and if there is anything he or his family needs please let me know.

Best Regards, Darin G
daring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #106
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Sounds like he is doing better...those NG tubes suck. I just had one in me a couple of weeks ago again. My throat took about 2 weeks to heal. I am with him as far as the pain. The bone related surgeries hurt like especially with pins and rods installed. Out of all of my surgeries, the bone surgery on my arm hurt the worse. The pain pump didn't even come close to touching that pain. Get better soon...therapy to walk again is going to be painfull just to warn you Ian. But at least you will walk again...it could have been far worse.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #107
lil_red_rider
Track Photographer

Send a message via MSN to lil_red_rider Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_rider
Ian is in my prayers...

I was just looking through the pics that I took last Thursday at the M&G...Keith call me when you have any news or need anything.

As for the driver
lil_red_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #108
06gsxr1000pg

Bike(s):
2006 Gsxr 1000

I hope Ian makes a full recovery....It is nice to see all the support MH has given.
Does he need a fundraiser or benefit ride?
How is his medical insurance situation?
That not cheap
06gsxr1000pg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #109
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Sounds like he is doing better...those NG tubes suck. I just had one in me a couple of weeks ago again. My throat took about 2 weeks to heal. I am with him as far as the pain. The bone related surgeries hurt like especially with pins and rods installed. Out of all of my surgeries, the bone surgery on my arm hurt the worse. The pain pump didn't even come close to touching that pain. Get better soon...therapy to walk again is going to be painfull just to warn you Ian. But at least you will walk again...it could have been far worse.
+1

except for me the area they wouldn't operate on hurts the most, but I can walk pretty good these days!

And hospital therapy is hardcore, but grin and bear it.
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #110
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya View Post
+1

except for me the area they wouldn't operate on hurts the most, but I can walk pretty good these days!

And hospital therapy is hardcore, but grin and bear it.
NOT TO THREADJACK, but how you doing man? Walking on your own without assistance of a walker I assume? Back to work yet?
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #111
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
NOT TO THREADJACK, but how you doing man? Walking on your own without assistance of a walker I assume? Back to work yet?
ian, sorry to respond to threadjack, please use as inspiration

6mo later after broken leg, ankle, arm, wrist, ribs, back etc etc....

walking pretty good, take the dog on long walks (rehab ), back to work part time, taking classes etc, pain is much much better. Can do about 15 pushups, did a few pull ups the other day, am trying to learn to jog. All in all in 6mo I have allready recovered beyond what I was expecting to recover in my lifetime, and am still getting better!

All i can say is that getting hurt is the easy part, getting better is hard as , but you can do it! Besides, motorcycle riders heal better and faster than other people (the idiot part in us that makes us like to push the envelope by riding makes us kick in therapy)
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #112
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Ian has his own room and own phone now, feel free to give him a call and wish him well.

#713-704-8631
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #113
chris514scott

Bike(s):
2008 Silver R6

WOW.. Thank you for all the prayers guys i have surely felt the hands of so they have been working... I am home now and pretty much feel fine... Im not using pain meds or anything... Its just a little depressing knowing you cant walk for three months... Moms got my bed in the living room so im always part of the family... There is alot of info to tell and i dont want to think hard and use all the spelling and grammer and sectance structure stuff so this might be hit and miss or hard to read..

I do remember 98% of the wreck... I was slowing to turn when i was hit... I flew from the bike and slammed into the wall (pretty sure this is when my spleen burst, punctured kidney and bruised lungs)... I remember rolling over the wall and seeing the ground coming fast ( i had enough time to think OH MY THIS IS IT... i had fun) After hitting the ground a mexican guy that spoke no english at all (and he was talking to me 90mph ) pulled me off the road ( bless him) I was never in any pain during the entire accident. In fact i remember messing with the doctor when my mom told him i was wearing my helmet then he asked is i was in a car or on a bike.... I said no dude i cruse my cage in a helmet all the time... Pain wasnt till after some of the surgerys and even then it was quick to pass...

FULL LIST OF INJURIES

First to talk about having an angle Throughout the entire accident my $600 shoei helmet never even got a scratch on it untill i took it off and threw it

Broken back.. just T7 (Armor saved me here)
Right broken ankle
Right broken Knee
Left Compound Fracture of TIB and FIB
I Lost my spleen
Bruised both Lungs ( Armor saved me here)
Punctured Kidney

Im bless with insurance also... Im on my parents insurance and there maximum out of pocket for the year is $6000 and we are only $4000 from this..

So moms a nurse and expects med bills to be well over $100,000 but we will only be out $4000

Moto insurance... They are paying me more for the bike then i paid for it + i had uninsured motorist which the pay off is dependent on the extent of your injuries.. After talking to the adjuster they said that i will be getting the max which is $25,000

All in all the only bad part is wanting to walk... Just gotta try to find things to make time fly by...

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR CARING SO MUCH>>>

Any other questions just ask

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/iantuter
chris514scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #114
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

holy man glad your still kickin it bro, you were very luck in many ways
Old 03-13-2008, 10:35 PM   #115
Twitch
yep.

Bike(s):
CRF250x

Send a message via AIM to Twitch Send a message via MSN to Twitch
Glad to hear your home
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #116
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris514scott View Post
WOW.. Thank you for all the prayers guys i have surely felt the hands of so they have been working... I am home now and pretty much feel fine... Im not using pain meds or anything... Its just a little depressing knowing you cant walk for three months... Moms got my bed in the living room so im always part of the family... There is alot of info to tell and i dont want to think hard and use all the spelling and grammer and sectance structure stuff so this might be hit and miss or hard to read..

I do remember 98% of the wreck... I was slowing to turn when i was hit... I flew from the bike and slammed into the wall (pretty sure this is when my spleen burst, punctured kidney and bruised lungs)... I remember rolling over the wall and seeing the ground coming fast ( i had enough time to think OH MY THIS IS IT... i had fun) After hitting the ground a mexican guy that spoke no english at all (and he was talking to me 90mph ) pulled me off the road ( bless him) I was never in any pain during the entire accident. In fact i remember messing with the doctor when my mom told him i was wearing my helmet then he asked is i was in a car or on a bike.... I said no dude i cruse my cage in a helmet all the time... Pain wasnt till after some of the surgerys and even then it was quick to pass...

FULL LIST OF INJURIES

First to talk about having an angle Throughout the entire accident my $600 shoei helmet never even got a scratch on it untill i took it off and threw it

Broken back.. just T7 (Armor saved me here)
Right broken ankle
Right broken Knee
Left Compound Fracture of TIB and FIB
I Lost my spleen
Bruised both Lungs ( Armor saved me here)
Punctured Kidney

Im bless with insurance also... Im on my parents insurance and there maximum out of pocket for the year is $6000 and we are only $4000 from this..

So moms a nurse and expects med bills to be well over $100,000 but we will only be out $4000

Moto insurance... They are paying me more for the bike then i paid for it + i had uninsured motorist which the pay off is dependent on the extent of your injuries.. After talking to the adjuster they said that i will be getting the max which is $25,000

All in all the only bad part is wanting to walk... Just gotta try to find things to make time fly by...

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR CARING SO MUCH>>>

Any other questions just ask

Hey man, considering everything you went through it all ended up ok i guess...

When are you starting your therapy? I busted my knee skiing so i was on crutches for 3 months and limped for another 6. but it all heals.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #117
Squoddybody
This is me.

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Sorry I didn't get a chance to visit you, Ian. I'm glad you're home and the only problem you're having is not being able to walk. I remember when Syvanna came home and stayed on the couch for another two months. I don't think she walked without help for six months. :/:

I'd still like to bring you a basket- I was thinking nuts and fruit and some magazines to help pass time- tell me what you like!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:48 PM   #118
chris514scott

Bike(s):
2008 Silver R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearalex View Post
Hey man, considering everything you went through it all ended up ok i guess...

When are you starting your therapy? I busted my knee skiing so i was on crutches for 3 months and limped for another 6. but it all heals.
I have no idea when therapy will start but im used to it and always knock it out quicker then they think (its because im a yamaha fan and we always finish quick )

Old 03-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #119
chris514scott

Bike(s):
2008 Silver R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
Sorry I didn't get a chance to visit you, Ian. I'm glad you're home and the only problem you're having is not being able to walk. I remember when Syvanna came home and stayed on the couch for another two months. I don't think she walked without help for six months. :/:

I'd still like to bring you a basket- I was thinking nuts and fruit and some magazines to help pass time- tell me what you like!
Aww thank you... You have always been so sweet to me.. To tell every one the truth the thing that i would really love to happen the most is to get a meet and greet set up at Hooters (whenever it is convenient for everyone) at 1960 and 59 just to see everybody and have a good time out of the house

Old 03-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #120
Squoddybody
This is me.

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris514scott View Post
Aww thank you... You have always been so sweet to me.. To tell every one the truth the thing that i would really love to happen the most is to get a meet and greet set up at Hooters (whenever it is convenient for everyone) at 1960 and 59 just to see everybody and have a good time out of the house
We can definitely do that! When will you be able to get OUT of the house, though? I can't imagine that's going to be comfortable? Although you seem to deal with your pain well.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement