MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #61
johnpatrick87
Road Scalpel

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR1000RR

Member Garage

hope he heals up quick, and they catch that cager...
maybe MH member? Perf_White_GT Off Topic 8 09-05-2010 07:19 PM
NEW MH MEMBER!!!! 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 28 03-27-2009 06:31 AM
Hopefully NOT a MH member 2slo Off Topic 24 02-18-2008 01:01 PM
MH member down bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 05-04-2007 06:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #62
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
please everyone be carefull out there, there are some careless drivers out there.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #63
LadyLuck

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
07 crf50

that sucks.....hope all goes well, prayers for a speedy recovery.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #64
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

STICU sucks ...no TV, no nothing...I was lucky that I had my walkman so I could listen to the radio. It kept me sane for the 1 1/2 months I was in there. You can only have visitors for like 20 minutes every hour until like 10pm. The quality of care in there is also sub par. I had 2 cast on my arms and I was paralyzed. They would bring in my food tray and set it off to the side and then they said that I wouldn't eat anything...lol I said you have got to be kidding me! How in the can I get it and eat it? I said look at me. I can't do ! lol.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #65
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
STICU sucks ...no TV, no nothing...I was lucky that I had my walkman so I could listen to the radio. It kept me sane for the 1 1/2 months I was in there. You can only have visitors for like 20 minutes every hour until like 10pm. The quality of care in there is also sub par. I had 2 cast on my arms and I was paralyzed. They would bring in my food tray and set it off to the side and then they said that I wouldn't eat anything...lol I said you have got to be kidding me! How in the can I get it and eat it? I said look at me. I can't do ! lol.

hermann did the same thing to me. I had one arm immobilized and the other arm full of IV's at the wrist and elbow and then leave my food in front of me with no way of bending my arm to feed myself. I was ....
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #66
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
OK first off. the speed limt was 15mph, the car hit him at 60mph. i noticed he was not behind me RIGHT AWAY. so i stopped waited a sec then, turned around and went back up the ramp to find his bike in pieces. i started screaming his name, but there was only one place he could be. ii didnt want to look over the edge, and when i did i saw this guy pull him to the shoulder. i screamed "call the police, call sombody!!!" i got on my bike and took off down there to were he was. when i got there he was completly calm. "did you see that car hit me" he said. i didnt see anything just that he wasnt behind me anymore. when he landed on 59 a car swerved from hitting him but ran over his leg-(s). i honestly didnt expect to see him alive. his gear saved his life. he was wearing a helmet, knuckled gloves, and a padded jacket.

GOOD LORD! Did the 2nd car (the one that ran over his legs) stop? And yes, I realize they had no fault in the incident - How can you avoid someone falling from the sky? They were most likely not on a cell phone!

I'm glad he was wearing his gear too! Let us know how the surgery goes.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #67
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
Let us know how the surgery goes.
Brother called me a little bit ago and he is out but he is still in recovery so they haven't seen him and haven't been told anything yet. Once they know something I'll relay it here.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don’t have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #68
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
GOOD LORD! Did the 2nd car (the one that ran over his legs) stop? And yes, I realize they had no fault in the incident - How can you avoid someone falling from the sky? They were most likely not on a cell phone!

I'm glad he was wearing his gear too! Let us know how the surgery goes.
yeah the second car pulled over. it was 2 young girls. they said he just fell out of nowere and they swerved to miss him. if they wouldnt have swerved they might of hit him strait on. this is what they told me.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #69
CalamariKid

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

, , , that sucks. I ride the SW FWY HOV on my bike all the time. Very sorry to hear this.

I assume a police report was filed? The HOV lane has many cameras on it, find out who the investigator is and make sure he follows up on this. They may not have the collision, but they should, if they keep recordings, be able to narrow down which vehicle it was as there is limited access to the HOV.

If you have trouble getting ahold of the investigator or having them follow up on this, PM me and lets talk.
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #70
Irish
The Dogs Bollocks

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki 750

Send a message via MSN to Irish
Hope he has a full and speedy recovery.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #71
JSC_SLP
Rider

Bike(s):
'05 Repsol
'04 GSXR 600 (track)
'05 SV1000S (sold)

Good Lord! Thank for Gear it saved his life. 's hand was definately protecting him during all of this. Ian...This is a sobering experience. Please heal up quickly and completely. I hate to hear of anyone going down but this was a near vehicular homicide (please excuse me for stating the potential outcome.) Definately thank you are still with us Bro. Hang tough and heal strong!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #72
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
OK first off. the speed limt was 15mph, the car hit him at 60mph. i noticed he was not behind me RIGHT AWAY. so i stopped waited a sec then, turned around and went back up the ramp to find his bike in pieces. i started screaming his name, but there was only one place he could be. ii didnt want to look over the edge, and when i did i saw this guy pull him to the shoulder. i screamed "call the police, call sombody!!!" i got on my bike and took off down there to were he was. when i got there he was completly calm. "did you see that car hit me" he said. i didnt see anything just that he wasnt behind me anymore. when he landed on 59 a car swerved from hitting him but ran over his leg-(s). i honestly didnt expect to see him alive. his gear saved his life. he was wearing a helmet, knuckled gloves, and a padded jacket.

Poor baby! It is bad enough that he had to go through all this, but to be conscience and remember it all is really horrible! Thank , he had on his gear!

Please let us know when we can visit him and if there is anything he may need or want! We have to take care of our own and Ian is really sweet guy!

Thanks for keeping us updated!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #73
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Poor baby! It is bad enough that he had to go through all this, but to be conscience and remember it all is really horrible! Thank , he had on his gear!

Please let us know when we can visit him and if there is anything he may need or want! We have to take care of our own and Ian is really sweet guy!

Thanks for keeping us updated!

I remember during my accident flipping over and seeing sky all the while thinking to myself "oh man, this is going to hurt". I feel for him.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #74
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
I remember during my accident flipping over and seeing sky all the while thinking to myself "oh man, this is going to hurt". I feel for him.

I would hope and pray that I would just be knocked out and not remember what happened! It just breaks my heart to think of what he had to go through and still has to endure!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #75
melissa claire
hardy har har

Bike(s):
a honda and a suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
I would hope and pray that I would just be knocked out and not remember what happened! It just breaks my heart to think of what he had to go through and still has to endure!
+1

long recovery process including surgery,physical therapy, doctors visits, who knows what else. Poor guy :/:

But, he is alive.
melissa claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #76
ThomAss
I like to ride

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

This story just gives me chills and really makes me question whether I want to keep riding. I ride with my 16 year old daughter a lot. We both love it and the time we spend together. If anything was to happen to her I don't think I could forgive myself.

Hope he recovers fully. Sad that some people cannot accept responsibility and run like that.
ThomAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #77
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

, sorry to hear that, hope your surgery went well, Kristin and I are praying for ya
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #78
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Sorry to hear about Chris accident.

There needs to be MUCH stiffer penalties for hitting and runnig a motorcyclist, I unfortunately hear about it all too often.

We'll include him in our prayers and Keith, if there's anyway I can help, please let me know.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #79
sixshooter1125
Shiver me timbers

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2002 Harley Roadking
2007 CRF450r
2005 CR125r
2004 R6 *sold*
2001 xr50

I met him at the galveston ride a few weeks ago, sat down at hooters with him and talked a bit...

Great guy, i hope he heals quick! I will keep checking for updates..
sixshooter1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #80
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
whow, makes me think twice about gettin a bike, but why would a heartless person even think about leaving? It can be a cruel world. Off with that cagers head!!

Can someone clear things up, yet i know that it is the media and more than half the time is b.s of what they speak about, but are they talking about this same incident????.......

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori....171593c9.html

Man drives motorcycle off edge of freeway ramp

04:23 PM CST on Sunday, March 2, 2008

KHOU.com staff report

A man died Saturday when he drove his motorcycle off the edge of a freeway exit ramp in southwest Houston.

Investigators say the man was riding the motorcycle at a high rate of speed when he lost control and flew off the ramp from the Southwest Freeway to Beltway 8.

The man died on impact.

Two ramps had to be closed for about two hours while crews cleared the accident.
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement