MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #21
ROADandTRACK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Too many to list

Nice weather today in SA.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LSTD: Monday, Sept. 10th @ Texas World Speedway... jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 66 09-06-2007 12:42 PM
LSTD: Monday, May 14th @ Texas World Speedway... jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 53 04-20-2007 10:35 AM
LSTD: Friday, April 13th @ Texas World Speedway... jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 76 03-11-2007 07:03 PM
LSTD: Monday, May 15th @ Texas World Speedway jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 1 04-18-2006 12:44 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #22
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

The rain looked to be a blessing because (in Austin at least) there are some VERY dangerous wind gusts...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #23
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

I had some friends in College Station today and they said all it did all day was mist. It rained a bit in the am, but by 9am it was gone.

Oh well, I guess it was best to cancel on the prediction that was given, it sounded dangerous, and lots of people were happy to get their day credited.

Kudos to TWS (Texas World Speedway) for working with us, looks like our years of business with them is paying off.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #24
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Kudos to TWS (Texas World Speedway) for working with us, looks like our years of business with them is paying off.
Maybe the new management is seeing that, w/ all the new tracks opening (competition for them), embracing the motorcycle community will pay off...:dontknow:

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #25
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
Maybe the new management is seeing that, w/ all the new tracks opening (competition for them), embracing the motorcycle community will pay off...:dontknow:
+1

Tom, any chance you got a wind report? I heard 40 mph winds out there yesterday.

On a side not, I wish I could make it to Cresson on the 21st, but work owns me....sorry bud.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #26
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post

Tom, any chance you got a wind report? I heard 40 mph winds out there yesterday.
Yeah, he said that part of the day there were some wind gusts and temperature changes. All par for the course at TWS (Texas World Speedway) though- like Cresson, it's orientation and the openness of the area always has winds.

The deal is that in his opinion, it wasn't nearly bad enough to cancel, but it is what it is. Like I always tell everyone when they ask about weather and if we're going to cancel; it's Texas, 70% or 80% here could (and usually does) turn in to 0% at the drop of a hat, sometimes it doesn't.

LSTD has never been "that" trackday org that doesn't abide by customer feedback. In the past, we've handed out more credits than should be allowed by law Seriously, Wade, Jeff and Macman have always been the first to step up and say, "You know, we understand that we are a customer driven business, and if we off the customers, we won't exist." We've always quietly done our business and have been pretty successful for 8 years. We've given out LOTS of rain credits in the past.

This season has been exceptionally difficult with weather so far, so there is more of an emphasis lately because of it.

While the new TWS (Texas World Speedway) owners may have had something to do with things as DH eluded, the operations management hasn't changed. Those are the same folks we've been working with for years, and I think that our relationship with them is what's making the difference here. They were quick to point out that this is an exception, not the rule, and that this is not something we're making a habit of. The forecast at that time was just too gruesome.

We can't do everything right all the time, we're all human. Not to mention this is a part-time gig, and nobody at LSTD is making a living off this (except Jeff's hair care products supplier, but that's another subject...). There will inevitably be dates where we don't cancel with chances of rain, or we have a storm sneak up on us and we continue to roll. "Dangerous" is the key word with weather, and none of us want to put any of you out there in "dangerous" conditions. We'll always try to err on the side of safety for our customers. Hopefully, we'll do a good job at that and get it right most of the time!

Hope to see you all at Grand Sport Speedway on the 17th!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #27
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

too bad it wasn't today......looks great outside, just chilly.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #28
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
too bad it wasn't today......looks great outside, just chilly.
I know! That's the thing that irked me about the weather report, Sunday was kindof questionable with possible rain in the afternoon/ evening, and Tuesday/ Wednesday looked great, while Monday predicted turmoil and damnation! Friggin' weather gods!