MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #121
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls_dm View Post
yeah but your a female so it doesnt count!
Why does it not count?? Cops give girls tickets all the time!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Deal on Aeros Tickets (Cheap Hockey Tickets) DvlRacer Off Topic 7 12-23-2010 09:35 PM
!! cops, cops, cops... floyd600 Off Topic 6 11-05-2010 10:19 AM
OMFG I got a tickets cops please help!! Pyrofallout Off Topic 28 03-06-2009 10:47 AM
one for GB, Cops chasing Cops RACER X Off Topic 11 02-16-2009 01:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #122
ls_dm
Still Goin...............

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
07 cbr600rr

yeah but the odds are more in favor of yall! im so jealous! but i cant even walk so i dont gotta worry about tickets for awhile!
ls_dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #123
Candie

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
yeah but the odds are more in favor of yall! im so jealous! but i cant even walk so i dont gotta worry about tickets for awhile!
What happened? I must have missed the story if you posted it!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #124
ls_dm

Bike(s):
07 cbr600rr

no i dont post alot on here cuz of the dumbasses that lurk.
went down on my bike, ruined my knee, totaled the bike......1st wreck and last wreck! no insurance = mucho med bills
Old 03-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #125
Candie

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
went down on my bike, ruined my knee, totaled the bike......1st wreck and last wreck! no insurance = mucho med bills
WoW! Sorry to hear that! Glad you are still around to tell your tale! Hope you a very speedy recovery!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #126
ls_dm

Bike(s):
07 cbr600rr

Thanks! only 2 months then i can walk without my two best friends!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #127
melissa claire
hardy har har

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
a honda and a suzuki

Quote:
I wish that was true.
melissa claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #128
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
ok, so i took off for half a day to go with Mala Lingua and Hardcoresteve to look for some riding gear and misc motorcycle stuff. we are travelling up 45 traffic moving about 50 - 60 mph... and we are just easily making our way through it... no big deal right... so moving forward about 10 minutes in time, we are moving westbound on the south 610 loop and this burgundy impala with an off duty cop (we later find out) is riding mala's a$$... she didn't know he was a cop at the time... he gets beside her and starts doing some kind of motion with his hand... she thought he was some kind of weird freak or something...we later realize he was telling us to slow down... i was riding up by steve and the cop flys around the car in front of him in his lane and then whips back in and holds up a CB radio mic and tells me to slow down... i see he is HPD so i nod and we slow down just a tad, i didn't think we were peeding anyway, we were going slower than traffic. we turn northbound on 610 and 3 cops cars come flying up behind us with their lights on, one pulls beside mala and literally pushes her out of her lane onto the shoulder. the one in the personal vehicle come up and chews out me and steve telling us we were weckless and should not be doing wheelies on the freeway and splitting lanes... a busa, doing freeway wheelies.... i want a video of that... anyway, he tells us we are not bullet proof and how he has seen a motorcycle wreck just up the road from us when the rider died... ok, i know it's dangerous.... he goes on to say that he is the person in charge of all the motorcycle cops in houston and that he knows a little about bikes... he zooms away leaving the other 3 cops to write us tickets for 80 in a 60 from I45!!! needless to say we are all going to fight these... i just thought it made for an interesting day, and for those motorcycles that waved to us as you drove by

PS, i think steve may need some new underwear, he may have $hit himself

wow sbflufer getting messed with by the law whats this world coming 2 lol hope u beat the ticket bro! stop stunting that busaaaa...

Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #129
RNcbr
THE NURSE

Bike(s):
06 cbr 600rr(gone) 07 raven R6

Send a message via Yahoo to RNcbr
Cops, Hate them.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #130
MadseasoN

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
Your view of quality is subjective, in the officer's and court's eyes they were speeding whether it's 10 over or 30 over so the quality is the same. Some officers have a minimum speed in which they will cite so each officer would be different.
I guess I'm screwed then. I usually ride slightly faster than traffic (5-10mph) on highways, regardless of the speed limit. The speed limit on Eastex is 60mph but you're likely to be killed if you do anything under 70mph.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:58 AM   #131
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
Quote:
sorry about ur wreck

Quote:
she is not just female - she's also attractive... so yeah, duh, it doesn't count...
Old 03-03-2008, 07:44 AM   #132
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcbr View Post
Cops, Hate them.
so what are you really trying to say?

do you really just blanket 'em all together and say I hate 'em all? thats hardcore, mebbe even earns ya a "hardcore nurseypoo" name or something.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #133
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i don't hate all cops... i realize there are a few bad apples though... most cops i know are cool, but this was the first that i have ever met that needed to readjust his attitude
sbfuller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #134
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller
see, i still think that is weak though... he couldn't have paced us from another lane.... they were moving slower... i suppose somehow it may have been possible... but ther is no way he could know exactly how fast we were going, with that being said, how could he write a ticket for 80 mph?
so your only argument is that its "weak". then you tell me what isn't possible. just man up and deal with the speeding ticket. if you were speeding so be it, and quit crying about it. you simply got caught in the mix.
I work this program all the time and have stopped lots of people. I give most of the riders on here the benefit of the doubt when it comes to bikers and the police. But when you talked about something that I personally participate in and do on a weekly basis, I discern BS from truth. On the nights that I worked we specifically talked about sportbikes at rollcall and agreed to not chase if one tried to run from us. So for the officers that I worked with on the program, NO ONE IS OUT TO JAM UP BIKERS ON BULLSHIT TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller
ok, i'm not trying to get offensive about it, i'm just asking questions about it. I would man up to the ticket if it was true... it's not, so all 3 of us are going to take the court date... it's just a pain in the .
ok so none of you were going faster than 60 mph at any point while you were on 45 or the south loop?

Heres that "deal".

We get paid OT for any off-duty court appearances. Just like any other job we expect to get paid to come to work when we are off.

I get paid if the case gets dismissed, if you lose, I win, it dont matter. We make the money based on time, not the cases. Most officers could care less about who wins the case. I dont.

So you hire your atty. An officer may be really cool with your attorney, or most of the regular players in traffic court. (Kubosh, Sprecher, Gonzalez, etc).
You atty agrees to hold your case till after lunch, so the officer will most likely get his 6-7-8 hrs of Court OT. then towards the end of the day when the officer and atty are tired and have made enough money, you deal is magically worked out or dismissed.

People think they have these so called "good lawyers", when in fact its all a game. The officers make money, your lawyer makes money, and you get ****ed. the lower income get ****ed even more.

So fight it in court, everyone will make money on it except for you.

Man thanks Andre3k for enlighten us on how this all works. It’s like you said it’s all about money. Cops right tickets to make the city money. After all you guys don’t get paid anyway and it’s too risky to actually hang out in neighborhoods to catch real criminals breaking into peoples houses etc.. Like you said criminal cases don’t pay. Of course growing up as a kid I used to think that’s what cops were for, but as an adult I of course know different. It’s not your fault. That’s what you signed up to do. It’s the system. It’s ****ed. I’d much rather pay you guys a lot of money to catch criminals then right bull tickets for 10 or 20mph over the speed limit (which for a bike that speed is gained in less then a second and can be reduced in the same time), but it’s out of the peoples hands. Of course speeders kill or harm others to, but it’s oh so much fun to speed for little spurts. That’s why I try sticking to the tracks. Much cheaper that way to get my fix.
Anyway from all the post I read what sticks out in my head is your statement (On the nights that I worked we specifically talked about sportbikes at rollcall and agreed to not chase if one tried to run from us. So for the officers that I worked with on the program, NO ONE IS OUT TO JAM UP BIKERS ON BULLSHIT TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!)
Of course I know from personal experience that some cops are out to jam up bikers as you say, plus what’s the deal with trying to run the girl off the road for speeding. That’s a bunch of bull. It’s not like she robbed a bank. She just did what every cop does all the time. The cops I’m sure reached greater speeds then the bikers just to catch up to them. That’s unsafe to, but of course you guys are supposedly trained, that’s why I never here about cops getting into wreaks. Yeah right! Anyway as far as the no chase rule you guys have. It seems to me if I felt stocked by some stranger I’d just twist my wrist and leave him way way behind enough so that I know he couldn’t catch up to me again. And if I’m already cruising 80 or 90mph or so and some unmarked sedan comes up on me, guess what, I’ll think your trying to race me or some crazy guy ****ing with me. Which usually our younger crowd will go even faster if they think it’s a race. Me I don’t care about the race because I already know I’d win, but the crazy guy comes to mind. Anyway it’s not technically running from a cop if you do not know it’s a cop. It’s just some guy in a regular car. Sure he can call for backup, but what for, I’m gone. I’ll never see you again. I wouldn’t even care if he turned on some lights that were hidden in the car. Again I’d think it was some crazy guy that bought a light set. Not worth my time or life to figure out. Of course reaching high speeds is not safe either, but thinking it’s a crazy guy beside me is a known factor, planning my route around cars to get away is another unknown factor I have to deal with to get away, but the known factor of a crazy guy at the time seems more dangerous to me. Just keep that in mind when you cops come up on us all of a sudden in an unmarked car. So anyway now I know. Thanks!
I’ll just twist the wrist and leave you sneaky cops. Know of course I wouldn’t run from a marked car, because after all it’s just a ticket and it’s wrong to knowingly run from a cop, plus I think it’s a felony if you do get caught. Not really worth it in the long run, but to run from some weirdo in a unmarked police car well that’s ok for me.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #135
robz1000
Finding My Mojo

Bike(s):
2014 HD Low Rider
2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS

Quote:
i don't hate all cops... i realize there are a few bad apples though... most cops i know are cool, but this was the first that i have ever met that needed to readjust his attitude
Meh...your first post said you were going 50-60 mph, then a later post you said your speedo indicated 80, but you have a 13% error on the speedo (most bikes have an avg 10%) and then you mentioned about lane changing in and out of traffic.

Looks like to me the LEO saw a group of bikers speeding and swerving in and out of traffic....he was just doing his job. I don't mean to be harsh, but bottom line ya'll were busted.
robz1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #136
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz1000 View Post
Meh...your first post said you were going 50-60 mph, then a later post you said your speedo indicated 80, but you have a 13% error on the speedo (most bikes have an avg 10%) and then you mentioned about lane changing in and out of traffic.

Looks like to me the LEO saw a group of bikers speeding and swerving in and out of traffic....he was just doing his job. I don't mean to be harsh, but bottom line ya'll were busted.
most of the ride on 45 we were at about 50 - 60 mph due to traffic... once we got on 610 we were going a little faster. if he'd have said this ticket is for doing 68 on 610... then yeah, i did that, i'll take the ticket and realize i got caught... but 80 while on 45... i KNOW i didn't do that
sbfuller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #137
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

I here what your saying to. I'm not sure what cops think of unsafe lane changes. I had one pull me over before for that, but I had signaled every time and it was not unsafe. No body would of had to tap there brakes are anything. The cop let me go, but I think he was just ****ing with me. He said he had me on camera to, but so what. It seems to me that people I talk to say they see bikes weving threw slow traffic get offened, but it's ok for them to do it for some reason even though they need more room to do so. It's a double standard I think. A bike seems to be considered weaving through traffic when the biker doesn't allow a full size trucks distance inbetween the cars when making the lane change. Most cars that come over in front of me and cops for that matter do not allow enough room. I almost ran over several cops on bikes before because the changed lanes in front of me so close that I couldn't even see there tail light in my truck. I of course lay on the horn and give them the bird. Of course these guys are trained so I guess that makes it ok.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #138
robz1000
Finding My Mojo

Bike(s):
2014 HD Low Rider

Quote:
maybe on 45.... but we DEFINATELY were not doing 80, i may have shown 80 on the speedo but the busa has a 13% speedo error, so it would have been about 68ish
LOL... get your story right.

Again, I'm not tryin' to be a jerk, but your own words. Good luck and I hope your court hearing goes in your favor.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #139
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Still the point is....speeding or not, the one cop tried to "stop" Mala by forcing her off the road, not like they were running or something... The riders had already acknowledged the cops that they were aware they were being pulled over....the cops just wanted to be dikks and make a bigger deal out of it then it was..... Probably wrote it up as a pursuit and a safe stop or something....just to stack the stat card for the month....

BTW I dated a female state trooper for almost 2 yrs.... I know a lot of their "requirements".

Basically cops are just outside salesmen for the city/county, their job is to go out and hustle "business" for the city by way of fukking us. Everything that was said above about cops in court, DAs and judges is COMPLETELY true....its all about the money....you are as innocent as you are wealthy.

I am no cop hater...I actually have friends that are cops....but law/traffic enforcement is not what the public thinks it is. All about revenue for the city...bikers just happen to be easy targets because 9 times out of 10, we are breaking laws....

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:09 AM   #140
robz1000
Finding My Mojo

Bike(s):
2014 HD Low Rider

This maybe OT, but call Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited and get a speedo healer...I did. They correct your speedo using a GPS, no more "guessing" how fast you're really going AND it corrects your odometer reading too.

IMO, it's worth the $$$.

Advertisement