MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #41
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
if not then you were paced just by using his vehicle speed then.
see, i still think that is weak though... he couldn't have paced us from another lane.... they were moving slower... i suppose somehow it may have been possible... but ther is no way he could know exactly how fast we were going, with that being said, how could he write a ticket for 80 mph?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Deal on Aeros Tickets (Cheap Hockey Tickets) DvlRacer Off Topic 7 12-23-2010 09:35 PM
!! cops, cops, cops... floyd600 Off Topic 6 11-05-2010 10:19 AM
OMFG I got a tickets cops please help!! Pyrofallout Off Topic 28 03-06-2009 10:47 AM
one for GB, Cops chasing Cops RACER X Off Topic 11 02-16-2009 01:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #42
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
What difference does it make what he told the other cops? You didn't get cited for it, so what are you worried about then. Only worry about what you got ticketed for.
which is the speeding... and i'm not worried about it, i think we can beat it in court... i just think he was making stuff up... along with the speeding part. we all feel the same way that he did it just to inconvenience us... and we literally sat on the shoulder of 610 for a good 45 minutes... so that and the whole go to court thing.

i think if it was really that task force you speak of, they would have written us for everything under the sun... and possibly impounded the bikes if we were being that wreckless... that is why i don't think it was that group with the unmarked city vehicle

Last edited by sbfuller; 02-29-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #43
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
see, i still think that is weak though... he couldn't have paced us from another lane.... they were moving slower... i suppose somehow it may have been possible... but ther is no way he could know exactly how fast we were going, with that being said, how could he write a ticket for 80 mph?
so your only argument is that its "weak". then you tell me what isn't possible. just man up and deal with the speeding ticket. if you were speeding so be it, and quit crying about it. you simply got caught in the mix.
I work this program all the time and have stopped lots of people. I give most of the riders on here the benefit of the doubt when it comes to bikers and the police. But when you talked about something that I personally participate in and do on a weekly basis, I discern BS from truth. On the nights that I worked we specifically talked about sportbikes at rollcall and agreed to not chase if one tried to run from us. So for the officers that I worked with on the program, NO ONE IS OUT TO JAM UP BIKERS ON BULLSHIT TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #44
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
so your only argument is that its "weak". then you tell me what isn't possible. just man up and deal with the speeding ticket. if you were speeding so be it, and quit crying about it. you simply got caught in the mix.
I work this program all the time and have stopped lots of people. I give most of the riders on here the benefit of the doubt when it comes to bikers and the police. But when you talked about something that I personally participate in and do on a weekly basis, I discern BS from truth. On the nights that I worked we specifically talked about at rollcall sportbikes and agreed to not chase if one tried to run from us. So for the officers that I worked with on the program, NO ONE IS OUT TO JAM UP BIKERS ON BULLSHIT TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!
ok, i'm not trying to get offensive about it, i'm just asking questions about it. I would man up to the ticket if it was true... it's not, so all 3 of us are going to take the court date... it's just a pain in the .
Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #45
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
ok, i'm not trying to get offensive about it, i'm just asking questions about it. I would man up to the ticket if it was true... it's not, so all 3 of us are going to take the court date... it's just a pain in the .
ok so none of you were going faster than 60 mph at any point while you were on 45 or the south loop?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #46
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
ok so none of you were going faster than 60 mph at any point while you were on 45 or the south loop?
maybe on 45.... but we DEFINATELY were not doing 80, i may have shown 80 on the speedo but the busa has a 13% speedo error, so it would have been about 68ish
Old 02-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #47
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

i also don't think it was that program or the other officers may have said something about that task force... they said they have to give us a ticket becuase the other guy said to
Old 02-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #48
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
maybe on 45.... but we DEFINATELY were not doing 80, i may have shown 80 on the speedo but the busa has a 13% speedo error, so it would have been about 68ish
so you admit to speeding but are still about the ticket. what loaction did they write for the offense on your ticket. they will either give a hundred block, or between a set of streets. they could paced you on 45 and could only get a marked unit to you until the south loop, happens all the time.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #49
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
so you admit to speeding but are still about the ticket. what loaction did they write for the offense on your ticket. they will either give a hundred block, or between a set of streets. they could paced you on 45 and could only get a marked unit to you until the south loop, happens all the time.
between the 37th and 38th mile marker on 45 south, going northbound
Old 02-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #50
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
between the 37th and 38th mile marker on 45 south, going northbound
so you admit to speeding on 45 and they just happen to write the location of the ticket for the same area. What are you mad about again?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #51
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
yes, 68 in a 60 is different than 80 in a 60...
Old 02-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #52
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
so you admit to speeding on 45 and they just happen to write the location of the ticket for the same area. What are you mad about again?
everything that he made up... accusing us of wheelies... splitting lanes... and 80mph in a 60... and there were cars passing us at times on 45...
Old 02-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #53
amber|alexis

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

laurie is a cop freakin' magnet! Remind me not to ride with her
amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #54
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber View Post
laurie is a cop freakin' magnet! Remind me not to ride with her
i know really!!!she is right here reading this... she said it's steve NOT HER!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #55
amber|alexis

Member Garage

1st dumpster diving...and now this! laurie you better be at my M&G foo!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #56
amber|alexis

Member Garage

i guess there were other bikes that were speeding and/or whoolie-ing out there...if he knows so much about bikes...the he shouldve got the make/model of the bikes that where whoolie-ing :dontknow:

Old 02-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #57
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
What are you so mad about?
So cops dont make mistakes. And some cops arnt jerks just because. Police officers are human too.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #58
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber View Post
1st dumpster diving...and now this! laurie you better be at my M&G foo!

why? you want to police there.... you single and wanting a man in uniform....

unless you prefer women...
Old 02-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #59
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
why? you want to police there.... you single and wanting a man in uniform....

unless you prefer women...

dude... how rude. everyone knows she prefers women....
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #60
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
yes, 68 in a 60 is different than 80 in a 60...
you are basing this on a factory speedo, that has never been calibrated. any vehicle that use to pace vehicles has to be calibrated every year.

anyway I'm done with it. Hire Paul Kubosh and set it for a jury trial. Hopefully he will know the officer and they'll work out a "deal."

Heres that "deal".

We get paid OT for any off-duty court appearances. Just like any other job we expect to get paid to come to work when we are off.

I get paid if the case gets dismissed, if you lose, I win, it dont matter. We make the money based on time, not the cases. Most officers could care less about who wins the case. I dont.

So you hire your atty. An officer may be really cool with your attorney, or most of the regular players in traffic court. (Kubosh, Sprecher, Gonzalez, etc).
You atty agrees to hold your case till after lunch, so the officer will most likely get his 6-7-8 hrs of Court OT. then towards the end of the day when the officer and atty are tired and have made enough money, you deal is magically worked out or dismissed.

People think they have these so called "good lawyers", when in fact its all a game. The officers make money, your lawyer makes money, and you get ****ed. the lower income get ****ed even more.

So fight it in court, everyone will make money on it except for you.

Advertisement