MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #21
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

sorry to hear about the tickets... get a lawyer and fight it...

you can also subpeona (sic?) txdot traffic control cameras recording along your route...

and mala get some gear - you're too valuable to us to be ridin dirtae fooo!...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Deal on Aeros Tickets (Cheap Hockey Tickets) DvlRacer Off Topic 7 12-23-2010 09:35 PM
!! cops, cops, cops... floyd600 Off Topic 6 11-05-2010 10:19 AM
OMFG I got a tickets cops please help!! Pyrofallout Off Topic 28 03-06-2009 10:47 AM
one for GB, Cops chasing Cops RACER X Off Topic 11 02-16-2009 01:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #22
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

we are going to request a trial
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #23
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot View Post
sorry to hear about the tickets... get a lawyer and fight it...

you can also subpeona (sic?) txdot traffic control cameras recording along your route...

and mala get some gear - you're too valuable to us to be ridin dirtae fooo!...
she did get a jacket... and the only thing we have to fight is the speeding part... that is all we got written up for, 80 in a 60. so with no radar... no calibrated speedo in his personal vehicle... and we KNOW he wasn't immediately behind us... he can't prove we were doing 80 mph
Old 02-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #24
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

thats fcking stupid man, sux, sorry to hear that.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #25
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

The officer who herded me off to the shoulder jumped out and took my key away. He asked for my license, and I gave him the temporary along with my picture ID from work. He stared at them both for a second then asked me if I have a motorcycle license. I pointed at the endorsements and said "that's what the M's for." He never did ask for my insurance which I thought was odd. Both the guys were asked for theirs.

It's funny now, but when the officer said we'd been spotted doing wheelies, I got a little freaked out. Steve got a little freaked out when the tow-truck vulture came to lurk. The whole thing was sort of surreal. :/:
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #26
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Yeah, I saw the phrase "ghetto bird" in Prodigy's thread the other day, and the only thing I could think of right off were pidgeons.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #27
andre3k
I see dead people...

HPD has been doing an aggressive driving enforcement program. It has been mainly in the night time though. but they did have a day shift on the weekends.

One officer / one sgt rides in an unmarked city vehicle and looks for aggressive moving violations. Things like speeding 20+ over posted limit, illegal and unsafe lanes changed, dwi's, and racing.

Marked units stay on the service roads until they are given a description of the violators vehicle, lp # and a detailed description of the violations commited. The marked unit catches up with the violator and initiates a traffic stop. The unmarked unit advises the marked unit on what citations to write, and two witnesses are added to the ticket (the sgt & officer). 3 total officer will show up in court if you want a trial (the 2 officers , plus the off that wrote the ticket).

Usually when the violators are stopped the two officers have been following the violators for about a mile sometimes up to 5 -6 if they are really moving.

I work this quite a bit and can easily say that the ones that are caught were pretty deserving of the tickets they got. They are all multiple moving violations and none of the usual bs no front plate, cracked windshield tickets.Having been a part of this for a while, none of us conspire to get anybody on a bs stops. Fastest one I wrote so far was 105 mph on the north freeway, a bmw.

Dont know if you got picked up by the guys in this program but I did want to give another side of a possible story. Was the motor officer a curly hairy sgt with a last name that starts with 'm'?

Last edited by andre3k; 02-29-2008 at 08:17 PM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #28
aboo007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2014 CB1000R Black/Gold
'04 ZX636R (sold)
07' Honda CBR 600rr
07' Honda 919 (sold)
04' Suzuki Intruder (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to aboo007
untitled

smile steve.. u on camera fooo
Old 02-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #29
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnix600 View Post
IMO unless the officer that actually witnessed the infractions shows up to court, the DA will throw it out if you request a trial. Even if he does, Id still request a trial because the evidence is circumstancial.
I dont know where yo got this from but I'll clear it up for ya. Usually when one officer witnesses a violation and another officer writes the ticket the officer that actually witnesses the violation testifies at trial. The small box in the lower left corner of a COH ticket is where the witnessing officer info goes. it may not be on your copy as sometimes the info is written on the original not the pink copy that you get.

Secondly, a DA will never prosecute a traffic ticket. DA's are Class B and above. The city has prosecutors that handle the Class C cases.

Thirdly nothing will be thrown out until you actually go to trial. The officers that are heavy hitters and write a lot of tix always show for court.

Last, since the witness that actually saw you commit the violation will be the one to testify in court makes the event direct evidence, not circumstantial.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #30
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

I'v seen you wheelie that bike.. well your last one.. or was it someone else!! i mean um.. i'v never seen anyone do a wheelie ever!

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #31
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
HPD has been doing an aggressive driving enforcement program. It has been mainly in the night time though. but they did have a day shift on the weekends.

One officer / one sgt rides in an unmarked city vehicle and looks for aggressive moving violations. Things like speeding 20+ over posted limit, illegal and unsafe lanes changed, dwi's, and racing.

Marked units stay on the service roads until they are given a description of the violators vehicle, lp # and a detailed description of the violations commited. The marked unit catches up with the violator and initiates a traffic stop. The unmarked unit advises the marked unit on what citations to write, and two witnesses are added to the ticket (the sgt & officer). 3 total officer will show up in court if you want a trial (the 2 officers , plus the off that wrote the ticket).

Usually when the violators are stopped the two officers have been following the violators for about a mile sometimes up to 5 -6 if they are really moving.

I work this quite a bit and can easily say that the ones that are caught were pretty deserving of the tickets they got. They are all multiple moving violations and none of the usual bs no front plate, cracked windshield tickets.Having been a part of this for a while, none of us conspire to get anybody on a bs stops. Fastest one I wrote so far was 105 mph on the north freeway, a bmw.

Dont know if you got picked up by the guys in this program but I did want to give another side of a possible story. Was the motor officer a curly hairy sgt with a last name that starts with 'm'?
i don't believe it was a city vehicle, it was a burgundy impala. looked like a personal vehicle... and we weren't doing wheelies and speeding... like i said, we WERE making our way through traffic but not in a unsafe manner... however it would have been hard for a car do do the same without being wreckless... i think you guys know what i mean by that... a bike can safely change lanes in half the space it takes a car... we are not as long
Old 02-29-2008, 08:42 PM   #32
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
I'v seen you wheelie that bike.. well your last one.. or was it someone else!! i mean um.. i'v never seen anyone do a wheelie ever!
yeah on a side street leaving a stop sign... but i've NEVER tried that doing more than about 30 mph... much less on I45!!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #33
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:

i didn't get his name... he said he was in charge of the motorcycle force... and no marked cars EVER followed us... and when we saw them... the other guy had been following us for a good 15 minutes while we were WELL AWARE of our spped... so they wouldn't have seen anything. and how would he know it was 80 mph and not 70? or 65? or even 60?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #34
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i don't believe it was a city vehicle, it was a burgundy impala. looked like a personal vehicle...
thats the point of an unmarked car, so that people would think that its a regular car. we use tauruses, impalas, intrepids all with regular plates not the exempt ones.

Quote:
and we weren't doing wheelies and speeding... like i said, we WERE making our way through traffic but not in a unsafe manner... however it would have been hard for a car do do the same without being wreckless... i think you guys know what i mean by that... a bike can safely change lanes in half the space it takes a car... we are not as long
did you use you turn signals for every lane change? if not thats a moving violation. that count how many times you change lanes with speeding. stops are not made on the lane changes along but in conjunction with the speeding.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #35
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
i didn't get his name... he said he was in charge of the motorcycle force... and no marked cars EVER followed us... and when we saw them... the other guy had been following us for a good 15 minutes while we were WELL AWARE of our spped... so they wouldn't have seen anything. and how would he know it was 80 mph and not 70? or 65? or even 60?
theres a radar unit mounted in each car. the antenna in on the upper portion of the windshield, out of view. each violator is paced and verified with the radar. how would you know if anyone was following you, especially being on a bike? we never follow in the same lane as the violator until the marked unit arrives. and usually a couple hundred of feet back.

when they pace you with the radar they will usually get into the same lane for a few blocks. then they will drop back into another lane and keep a constant speed usually 10 over the speed limit, one again verified with the radar. if we you consistently pulling away if we are maintaining a steady speed then you are definitely speeding, but you are written for the speed you were paced at.

Last edited by andre3k; 02-29-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #36
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
thats the point of an unmarked car, so that people would think that its a regular car. we use tauruses, impalas, intrepids all with regular plates not the exempt ones.

did you use you turn signals for every lane change? if not thats a moving violation. that count how many times you change lanes with speeding. stops are not made on the lane changes along but in conjunction with the speeding.
oh, but he didn't cite us for anything but "speeding"... if he would have seen us wheelie and split lanes, why would he have not written for those too? he told the other cops we were doing all of that... they even told us he said that... i hope i'm not coming off wrong, i'm just kinda curious and confused
Old 02-29-2008, 08:59 PM   #37
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

dude thats weak.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #38
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
theres a radar unit mounted in each car. the antenna in on the upper portion of the windshield, out of view. each violator is paced and verified with the radar. how would you know if anyone was following you, especially being on a bike. we never follow in the same lane as the violator until the marked unit arrives. and usually a couple hundred of feet back.
there was no radar... my valentine 1 i know would have gone off
Old 02-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #39
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
there was no radar... my valentine 1 i know would have gone off
if not then you were paced just by using his vehicle speed then.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #40
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
oh, but he didn't cite us for anything but "speeding"... if he would have seen us wheelie and split lanes, why would he have not written for those too? he told the other cops we were doing all of that... they even told us he said that... i hope i'm not coming off wrong, i'm just kinda curious and confused
What difference does it make what he told the other cops? You didn't get cited for it, so what are you worried about then. Only worry about what you got ticketed for.

Advertisement