Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #21
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
A nice turbodiesel will outlast and blow away any hybrid out there in terms of performance and fuel economy. Most consumers aren't interested in diesel technology though. The VW TDI's get 45+ mpg.
+1, and the cost is not offset by the gas savings which is what is currently wrong with Hybrids.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discuss BigComfy The Circus 44 10-22-2008 04:29 PM
Discuss.... Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 02-04-2007 11:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #22
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

i'd buy a hybrid-diesel minivan.

doesn't a diesel F250 cost about $6-7k more then a gas F250? why is that any better. and we can talk about how long they last, but most peeps don't keep cars past 100k. so that doesn't really matter.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #23
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

BioDiesel is the way to go if you want to make a difference with the environment. Most hybrids make little more mpg then the regualr gas cars.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #24
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

cummins ftw, like the duramax too, but not the piddly ifs front ends.
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #25
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

compressed air car ftw!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #26
melissa claire
hardy har har

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
a honda and a suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
cummins ftw, like the duramax too, but not the piddly ifs front ends.
I want to do a fummins conversion on a f350 with a kind ranch interior
melissa claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #27
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
DAM that it low I would think I thought they get like 20-25 miles per gallon. My truck is a 07 F150 and I get between 11-12 depending on my driving.But it is lifted and has 35's. I would imagine yours is also to get that low of milage

J
just straight piped 5" exhaust and afeII intake. 410 gear ratio w/ 35's doesnt help. but i have some stuff for big blue in the werx
Old 02-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #28
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
DAM that it low I would think I thought they get like 20-25 miles per gallon. My truck is a 07 F150 and I get between 11-12 depending on my driving.But it is lifted and has 35's. I would imagine yours is also to get that low of milage

J
Most of them can hit the 20mpg mark if you put a programmer on them. Depends on the age of his and which model. The 4wd strokes with an auto avg 13-15, the dodges and duramaxes around 18 stock, program and exhaust a little over 20.

My old stroke ('96) got 17 with the only change being a straight pipe. The old cummins can be made to get as high as 23. some research guys got one to get 25 or 26 but that was by cutting drag down, they taped seams, and took off mirrors, etc. to get the best mileage available. Remember those big trucks are HEAVY. They are built for power, not mileage.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #29
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
just straight piped 5" exhaust and afeII intake. 410 gear ratio w/ 35's doesnt help. but i have some stuff for big blue in the werx
Dude, the new quadzilla Adrenaline that thing is getting awesome reviews everywhere. All the safety features, power, and economy.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #30
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
I want to do a fummins conversion on a f350 with a kind ranch interior
i dont like the turning radius of fords, if was building a truck, i would do a 5.9 cummins w/ the new 6spd aisin tranny, chevy chassis/body w/ sas
Old 02-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #31
qwezy

AGAIN gas milage on all of veh even on bikes still depend on drivers habit !!!
right ?????
qwezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #32
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

ill get 22-24mpg on the freeway doing 65mph, but this is very rare... normally im flooring it everywhere in crappy houston traffic.

i am going with the smarty programmer. best standalone programmer for cummins bar none.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #33
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

hybrids are the future ... in 10 years they will be the majority of four wheeled private transportation. Are they worth getting right now? No, I don't think so ... the premiums plus the additional costs for maintenance doesn't out weigh the savings in gas.... but when a gallon of gas starts hitting 5-8 bucks ... then they become more ecconomical.

Like all else ... the market will drive the industry.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #34
melissa claire
hardy har har

Bike(s):
a honda and a suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
hybrids are the future ... in 10 years they will be the majority of four wheeled private transportation. Are they worth getting right now? No, I don't think so ... the premiums plus the additional costs for maintenance doesn't out weigh the savings in gas.... but when a gallon of gas starts hitting 5-8 bucks ... then they become more ecconomical.

Like all else ... the market will drive the industry.
+1
melissa claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #35
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Most of them can hit the 20mpg mark if you put a programmer on them. Depends on the age of his and which model. The 4wd strokes with an auto avg 13-15, the dodges and duramaxes around 18 stock, program and exhaust a little over 20.

My old stroke ('96) got 17 with the only change being a straight pipe. The old cummins can be made to get as high as 23. some research guys got one to get 25 or 26 but that was by cutting drag down, they taped seams, and took off mirrors, etc. to get the best mileage available. Remember those big trucks are HEAVY. They are built for power, not mileage.
theres quite a few CR's getting 22-24mpg hand calc'd. goto dieseltruckresource.com they got quite a few.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #36
qwezy

we have to appriciate to all engineers who trying to design and applies all of technologies available for consumers to meet epa requirements-less depend on opec ...ect....in mean of daily transportation small veh and heavy duty working trucks...!!!!
qwezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #37
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
BioDiesel is the way to go if you want to make a difference with the environment. Most hybrids make little more mpg then the regualr gas cars.
Not quite, the production of biodiesel would fundametally require to clear off vast amounts of land to produce just enough fuel to keep going a country as such as the U.S. such diminish in the amount of plant life would directly decrease the rate at which CO2 is removed from the atmosphere by trees, thus having a counter producing effect in the long run. Not to mention that producing biofuels would inevitably cut water resources available to everyone else.
The best approach to improve our environmental index--from my point of view--would adobting and incorporating the new generations electric engines.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #38
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold

Tiguan Tdi is our next car after we have kids
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #39
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
ill get 22-24mpg on the freeway doing 65mph, but this is very rare... normally im flooring it everywhere in crappy houston traffic.

i am going with the smarty programmer. best standalone programmer for cummins bar none.
Go check out cumminsforum.com, they are saying this new adrenaline does away with the need of a smarty and improves. It does the shut off cool down, cuts back your boost and fuel according to EGT and everything. Awesome deal. Guys on there are reporting the shifting is improved going from the smarty to the adrenaline. A week ago I would have agreed with you completely, but it is looking like this quad adrenaline is the chit.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #40
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i'd buy a hybrid-diesel minivan.

doesn't a diesel F250 cost about $6-7k more then a gas F250? why is that any better. and we can talk about how long they last, but most peeps don't keep cars past 100k. so that doesn't really matter.
It is better because of the power. You would be arguing with a farm boy here, but city guys i agree. We keep our trucks for 250-300, and we pull BIG stuff with them during that. So it is justified there. OR if you are going to lift a truck with big tires, a diesel makes sense cuz you have the power to turn them, and still get decent mileage. All depends on the application.

Advertisement