Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #21
LSTD Mob Cappo
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

In a couple days, we'll know fo sho what's up.

A lot of the seasoned racers are saying that the reason he's doing so well is because he is able to ride with the computer controls as he's never had to ride without them. Even Rossi has commented on that before.

I say, do one race, equal bikes and they have to be the 500 2 smokers. , get Rossi's last championship winning bike and each rider has to ride one. Last man standing after 20 laps wins it all for the season! The "real" season with the 880's will just be for sponsorship show.
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ZX10R Record Lap @ Nuburgring sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-22-2012 05:45 PM
Casey Stoner - The Final Lap Grinchy Taking it to the Track 12 11-07-2012 03:01 PM
Old 03-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #22
Road Scalpel
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

2006 Honda CBR1000RR

Member Garage

^^^^ i've never thought about that before. Can't argue though, he can ride.
johnpatrick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:24 AM   #23
Feedback Rating: (0)

07 600rr track

^^^ true... you have to ride the out of the bike no matter what in the end.

I've never had the chance to ride a motogp bike.... yet From what I understand, it seems that the purpose of all the techno jizzle is to ride the bikes faster with more control. If you have learned to ride hard without the electronics wouldn't the skill and exp transfer to the new technology, making them even faster?

The riders are always learning to ride with new stuff and have to constantly adapt to new changes. Doesn't make since to me that someone like Melandri on the same equipment would be where he is unless he is just out skilled.

It would be cool to hand everybody the same bike for a day and see them throw down. Even still, the outcome would be different depending on the track for some riders. If everybody rode on a brand new track would make it more fair. Remember Motogp's first year back to Laguna Seca? The Americans had the upper hand cause most of the other guys have never been there before.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote