MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #41
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearalex View Post
me neither... yet we keep hearing the mass propaganda say it over and over
again that the troops are defending us over there in iraq. Cogs says they they are killing and getting killed because they are defending their brothers and sisters in arms. Ok. why not simply get them out of the harm's way? It's like Jimbo from southpark was hunting during the hunting ban but right before he shot he would say "it's coming right for us!" Then the game was legit. (the mexican staring frog episode)

I think we should think strategically. Instead of trying to conquer up the world's drying up supply of oil, we should invest in research for new energy
sources. The real power comes from the discovery of new inexhaustible energy. Then again i am a scientist and i like getting funding If I worked in pentagon i'd probably be convincing you how wars are important... (brrrr...hopefuly not!)
K, think about this, what happens to that country if we just pull out? They already killed one person running for office over there. What does Iran do? Can you imagine them getting ahold of the oil supply? What would that do for funding terrorism. Aren't they one of the ones that refuse to get rid of their nukes? How angry do you think the people of Iraq would be? Think they would have a bitter vengence against the US? Bottom line, we are there, and if we don't finish, it will be much worse than we could ever imagine.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Liberal Media Bias FKNA The Circus 23 02-24-2012 11:37 PM
Ron Paul versus Liberal Media FKNA The Circus 34 01-14-2012 03:12 AM
The Liberal media is a joke! Petro The Circus 2 07-09-2008 12:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #42
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
i dont think the war has much to do with defending our country in a certain country....

this is how i see it....9/11 retaliation....we're running short on oil, lets take theirs because they refuse to sell it to us.

i hear we have one of the biggest oil pools underground in alaska or whatever.....but guess why we haven't drilled it yet? because the man with the oil, is the man with the power. we're gonna exhaust everyone else's oil til there is no more....after that's said and done...we are holding all the cards.

i'm sure if we didn't have the war, and our gas prices were $10.00/gallon, everybody would be singing a whole different tune.
The war has little to do with keeping gas gas prices down but, this becomes difficult to explain in a quick reply on a bulletin board. Gas prices are going to rise regardless and the war is possibly what is helping this along but, that is okay because I now realize is in full favor of the bonus I just recieved.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #43
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
K, think about this, what happens to that country if we just pull out? They already killed one person running for office over there. What does Iran do? Can you imagine them getting ahold of the oil supply? What would that do for funding terrorism. Aren't they one of the ones that refuse to get rid of their nukes? How angry do you think the people of Iraq would be? Think they would have a bitter vengence against the US? Bottom line, we are there, and if we don't finish, it will be much worse than we could ever imagine.
Explain finish, because if we were actually at war we would have finished it by now don't you think? Japan can probably sing you a song about how the US finishes wars.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #44
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Explain finish, because if we were actually at war we would have finished it by now don't you think? Japan can probably sing you a song about how the US finishes wars.
Set up Iraq with a new self sufficient government. It may be another Afghanistan situation, but we can't leave them defenseless. It would be bad for the US much less Iraq. If it was as simple as an atomic bomb to prevent further attacks, they probably would have done that, but dropping a bomb like that on Iraq doesn't prevent other countries from taking over. We may NEVER finish, but we can't abandon either.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #45
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Set up Iraq with a new self sufficient government. It may be another Afghanistan situation, but we can't leave them defenseless. It would be bad for the US much less Iraq. If it was as simple as an atomic bomb to prevent further attacks, they probably would have done that, but dropping a bomb like that on Iraq doesn't prevent other countries from taking over. We may NEVER finish, but we can't abandon either.
There are reasons why we will never finish and those reasons are exactly why Sadam was in power. The situation is a joke with a heavey expense on us and those after us. If there is an us after our generation.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #46
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
There are reasons why we will never finish and those reasons are exactly why Sadam was in power. The situation is a joke with a heavey expense on us and those after us. If there is an us after our generation.
Yea but sitting here and about how we should have never been there is irrelevant and stupid. Its done. Can't go back. Point is, we can't just pull out. I have heard so many people and and about the war. But it is what it is. We are there, pandora's box is open, we have to move forward. Not sit and complain about what 75% of the US was FOR back when it started. Everyone needs to get off the fact of it being a mistake or not to go in there. Can't change it.

Here is some good reading from a soldier over there.
http://willtoexist.com/2005/12/01/pu...-other-lunacy/
Old 02-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #47
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

“If we walk away, then the Iranians will — as sure as I am talking to you — surge into Iraq, certainly take over the south and the oil that’s there,” he said. “We’ll be paying six or seven bucks a gallon. And that’ll just be the tip of it. I mean, there’ll be instability and war throughout the Middle East. We’ve got to wake up to this. It is the test, unfortunately, of not just this generation of American leaders, but of the next generation as well, because this enemy ain’t going away.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/23/ny...lieberman.html
Old 02-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #48
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Yea but sitting here and about how we should have never been there is irrelevant and stupid. Its done. Can't go back. Point is, we can't just pull out. I have heard so many people and and about the war. But it is what it is. We are there, pandora's box is open, we have to move forward. Not sit and complain about what 75% of the US was FOR back when it started. Everyone needs to get off the fact of it being a mistake or not to go in there. Can't change it.

Have you seen the documentary Gunner Palace?

Old 02-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #49
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:

I agree, I have stopped the bitchen about it because there is not much we can do now. I can't even think of a way to settle the situation succesfully.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #50
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Have you seen the documentary Gunner Palace?
No I haven't, I will look it up.

Quote:
I agree, I have stopped the bitchen about it because there is not much we can do now. I can't even think of a way to settle the situation succesfully.
Yea, sucks but it is true. I was a supporter at first. Like I said, I'm 50/50 on it now. Not sure if it is right or wrong anymore. I have heard both sides. both have good arguments. :dontknow:
Old 02-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #51
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
No I haven't, I will look it up.

Yea, sucks but it is true. I was a supporter at first. Like I said, I'm 50/50 on it now. Not sure if it is right or wrong anymore. I have heard both sides. both have good arguments. :dontknow:
I have it if you want to borrow it. It shows all the crazy stuff and the different military personalities that are caught up in the war.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #52
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
sorry guys i was away... I agree with many of your points. But if i was in power this is what i will do: I'd pull all troops out. If you are that worried about oil - leave the troops only at the oil rigs and pipelines. Politically Iraq would fall into a mess. Very similar to the mess afghanistan fell into after soviets pulled out. In the end in afghanistan the taliban came to power, so it is likely that some efed up ruler will come to power in iraq too. But at least the killings would stop or drammatically slow down (after all protecting pipelines is easier than protecting the whole country). Again, there are no good solutions to this. But i'd rather take the risk of Iraq becoming politically unstable than risk lives of many young and innocent people in ther late teens early 20s. They really have not know the life yet and they are already dying. It is a shame. I'd rather just shamelessly take their oil and let them kill themselves. Or if you wanna be consciencious -we can always ship a lot of food and coca-cola as a compensation for the oil we take. let them figure out what and how they want to rule each other. Take what we are really after - the oil. And in return give the food. anyways, i went off again...

And as for the iran and nukes, well trust me they are all just scaring you all. I wouldn't waste resources trying to conquer other countries (or spread democracy if you want it euphemistically) but instead try to catch and prosecute those that committed 911. That job is still not finished mind you. And 911 is what unleashed all of this unfortunately....
Old 03-03-2008, 03:18 AM   #53
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
I think it should be mandatory to serve in the armed forces to be a citizen of the US

sorry.

funny as .
Old 03-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #54
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
A good story is much more important than a security risk!

Sounds like Harry is doing the right thing, and some dillhole just fukked it up.
+1. LoL!

Advertisement