MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Dubby
That one dude...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
[2005 636 AKA "6Durty" (stunt piece)] Captured by Coryell Cty. Sheriffs Ofc.
Your momma

Talking For Racer X

How could MSF have helped this man?

http://share.youthwant.com.tw/sh.php?id=23003335

These situations blow your "prevention" theory to ... The only one who could have avoided the accident would have been the trucker. Maybe he should take MSF?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RAcer X needs this Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 08-06-2013 08:46 AM
racer x mr.haterz Off Topic 28 05-22-2009 06:12 PM
Little Racer jfly General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 03-21-2009 01:11 AM
WHAT IS THIS? (racer x please help here) Moc05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 04-16-2008 08:47 AM
Racer X, This one is for you. Moody General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 07-27-2007 11:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
paniro187

i can't believe you used someones death in your little bickering fight with him. off

mods please lock this thread.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Old 02-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
doc_zx10r

Bike(s):
2008 Black ZX10 (down payement w/ approval), 999S (Race only), 2006 Black ZX10R, 2004 NSR50 (my fav)

Ouch...
Old 02-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #4
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

ya know I saw that vid and that is the exact reason why I don't like small cc bikes. I like having the power to get out of situations like that. i hope they strung the truck driver up by his .
Old 02-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

dude...that's horrible...

NSFS (not safe for stomach)
Old 02-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
mods please lock this thread.
jeeez....the amount of thread locking and post modifications/deletions on this site is ridiculous enough already....
Old 02-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

you know what racerx may be an issue sometimes but, i thinks hes cool, he prob one of the only mods that are really active on here, and can argue with, if he says something i dont like we call him on it and same goes on my end, i dont know any other mods that are on here i can say the same with,
Old 02-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #8
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by didimao0072000 View Post
jeeez....the amount of thread locking and post modifications/deletions on this site is ridiculous enough already....
i agree but to post it in a manner to try to prove a point is is really dumb. the theory of racer x that he is trying to disprove is right BUT there will always be exceptions to even a good rule of thumb.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #9
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubby View Post

These situations blow your "prevention" theory to ... The only one who could have avoided the accident would have been the trucker. Maybe he should take MSF?
by the way person can take msf or drivers ed all they want but it's up to that person to follow what they were taught.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #10
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
ya know I saw that vid and that is the exact reason why I don't like small cc bikes. I like having the power to get out of situations like that. i hope they strung the truck driver up by his .
thats over in Indo-china-pan. that guy wont even get a slap on the wrist.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #11
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
uh WTF!

all he had to do was

PAY ATTENTION, use his mirrors. he should have seen the truck, HEARD the truck barreling down behind him. he didnt have to speed up, all he had to do was swerve over into the other lane, and yes MSF will teach you to be aware and how to change lanes quickly....

CHRIST, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU. ....

*slaps you in the face*
Old 02-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #12
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Not what I was expecting.... but holy , how did the truck driver not see him????

Also, sort of looked like the moped slowed way down to take the turn and crossed from the outside of the lane to the inside way too soon... MSF would have helped here, actually...

+1 to what Chris24 said above too... how do you not know a big truck is behind you?

RIP
Old 02-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
Azylum
The Chosen One

im not sure what MSF class you guys are taking, but the one i took does not give you eyes in the back of your head nor does it make you psychic.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #14
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
im not sure what MSF class you guys are taking, but the one i took does not give you eyes in the back of your head nor does it make you psychic.
First let me say... you know we cool...

But, c'mon... when you ride you aren't always looking beside you, behind you and in front of you? I am. I NEVER stop scanning. Especially, when I'm coming up to an intersection and/or about to change lanes.

As far as what I said about MSF, they teach you to take curves.... is all I meant by it. You've seen it on the runs we do... some people brake way to hard when approaching a curve. Anyway, I'm out of this thread... not tryin' to be a part of any drama.

Peace out!
Old 02-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #15
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
uh WTF!

all he had to do was

PAY ATTENTION, use his mirrors. he should have seen the truck, HEARD the truck barreling down behind him. he didnt have to speed up, all he had to do was swerve over into the other lane, and yes MSF will teach you to be aware and how to change lanes quickly....

CHRIST, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU. ....

*slaps you in the face*

please... msf, erc, abc, etc.. would not help ANYONE in that case...
Old 02-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #16
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

well as a driver I'll tell you what I see. I see a truck driver that wasn't paying attention and could not stop in time. The moped was in the lane and obviously did not see or hear the truck coming. And while it is easy to say they should have been using the mirrors... the fact of the matter is if you are looking in your mirrors so much as to see everything that goes on constantly you are not paying enough attention to what is in front of you. When rolling down the road there is a certain amount of faith in your fellow drivers that they won't drive over you while moving down the road. and yes I scan my mirrors quite frequently but you cannot keep track of goings on behind you like you can in front of you.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #17
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFroze View Post
First let me say... you know we cool...

But, c'mon... when you ride you aren't always looking beside you, behind you and in front of you? I am. I NEVER stop scanning. Especially, when I'm coming up to an intersection and/or about to change lanes.

As far as what I said about MSF, they teach you to take curves.... is all I meant by it. You've seen it on the runs we do... some people brake way to hard when approaching a curve. Anyway, I'm out of this thread... not tryin' to be a part of any drama.

Peace out!

yes we are always scanning. but if that guy kept his eyes peeled to the mirrors he wouldnt be able to see whats in front of him. it was 100% the truckers fault. how long was he behind him? and didnt know to slow the down?
Old 02-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #18
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubby View Post

Very poor taste here man... that's just a pathetic post.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #19
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
yes we are always scanning. but if that guy kept his eyes peeled to the mirrors he wouldnt be able to see whats in front of him. it was 100% the truckers fault. how long was he behind him? and didnt know to slow the down?
Agree... 100% truckers fault... just saying, be vigilante out there... would hate for that to happen to anyone I know and ride with. Really out now.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #20
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
you know, i may not agree with everything racer x says. its true at times he can seem harsh, rude, and blunt. i can too. he and i disagree on certain things. thats fine. i still support him as a mod here. at least he gives a about people's safety. if he only wants to care about the safety of those who care about their own safety, i can totally understand and even agree to a point. again, i may not agree with everyone he says, but i still feel hes got more brains and common sense than a majority of the members of this forum.

you might think he is a , but guess what, someone probably thinks you are an too, for whatever you do. maybe your g/f is cause you dont take the trash out, maybe your boss thinks your a slacker, maybe your employees think your a hardass. i dont know. no one is perfect. i can readily admit i can be a selfish sometimes. lol.

racer x doesnt need anyone to stick up for him, but i will anyways. i think he is a good moderator. on any forum you are going to need a good mix of mods, with varying levels of opinions of whats right and wrong, and what fly's and what doesnt.

Advertisement