MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2005, 02:38 AM   #1
zzr03

Feedback Rating: (0)

Texas City Cycles

I went there today to run some numbers on a 636. The first thing he said to me when I asked about the 636 was you should look at the zx10. He had not asked me anything about my experience or skill level that should have been my clue to turn around and go back to Pasadena kawasaki. Then his price was about $500 higher. I asked if he could meet or beat the price I had, he got kinda pissy. He was real short with me when he told me he had some money raped up in the bike. I asked about the mods and all it had on it was an alarm adn some swingarm sliders. He then clicked the alarm a few times and that was it. Did I mention he sat at his desk the hole home. Then he passed me over to another salesmen that did not know . I asked him a few questions about the zx10 and he had no clue.

I don't know if I cought them on a bad day or what, but would not recommend them.
zzr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
North city cycles miguel!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 01-13-2010 10:33 AM
lunch in Texas City MudBug Events, Meets and Rides 90 02-06-2009 10:56 AM
Explosion in Texas City? bluewave18 Off Topic 11 01-10-2009 05:26 PM
Stolen car in League City/Texas City kingralphthe3rd Off Topic 39 01-10-2009 09:13 AM
Wreck in Texas city tcmatt Off Topic 44 06-26-2006 07:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2005, 07:32 AM   #2
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Re: Texas City Cycles

If you're looking for a 636 give me a call, I can get you hooked up with a new one.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:40 AM   #3
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

try Pasadena Kawasaki. i got mine and j14 got his there. best price in southeast texas. trust me i know since i called every dealer when i bought my 04 and javier bought his 05.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:04 AM   #4
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

yup, wheni bought my 500r, they beat everyohnes price by $500
Old 09-17-2005, 11:54 AM   #5
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

i've been told that Highland's Kawasaki dealership has the cheapest kawasakis anywhere.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 12:57 PM   #6
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
i've been told that Highland's Kawasaki dealership has the cheapest kawasakis anywhere.
been told wrong. maybe they have some cheap 250's but as dar as the 600's and 10r's Pasadena beats all of them with the OTD price.

they dont have a fancy shop or equipment so i guess thats why they dont have to charge alot of overhead.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:31 PM   #7
dokoliday
AWW SKEET SKEET SKEET!!!!

Bike(s):
05' Gixxer 600

Send a message via AIM to dokoliday Send a message via Yahoo to dokoliday

dude i went there when i was first looking at bike before i got my gixxer, and they were dicks to me. i was there for like 40 min before i was helped and even after that they treated me like i wasnt welcome in that hole of a place they have. i dont recomend that place to anyone.

style8Dokoliday
dokoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:37 PM   #8
st3ph3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzr03
I went there today to run some numbers on a 636. The first thing he said to me when I asked about the 636 was you should look at the zx10. He had not asked me anything about my experience or skill level that should have been my clue to turn around and go back to Pasadena kawasaki. Then his price was about $500 higher. I asked if he could meet or beat the price I had, he got kinda pissy. He was real short with me when he told me he had some money raped up in the bike. I asked about the mods and all it had on it was an alarm adn some swingarm sliders. He then clicked the alarm a few times and that was it. Did I mention he sat at his desk the hole home. Then he passed me over to another salesmen that did not know . I asked him a few questions about the zx10 and he had no clue.

I don't know if I cought them on a bad day or what, but would not recommend them.
I've been there before and they didn't really seem to know .
st3ph3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 11:42 PM   #9
zzr03

When I went to Pasadena Kawasaki Cliff Miles helped me out a lot he told me everything I wanted to know about both the zx10 and 636. He helped me make up my mind about not going with the zx10 (it's more then I need for the type of riding I do), but if anyone is in the market for a zx10 they are like 1k off until the end of Oct. Thanks for the help guys. I wonder how Texas City Cycles is still open. I talked to a few other people that said they also received some bad CS there. :dontknow:

Hey Patrick i'll give you a call sometime tuesday and see what you got, thank you for the offer. right:
zzr03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement