MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2008, 12:22 AM   #21
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

remember kids... it is not illegal for someone to deposit money into your account. What if I struck it rich and left you a present in your account but didn't tell you. would you just sit on it? For how long? P.S. you guys feel free to deposit money into my account... I kinda need it,lol.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The million dollar question: Who makes GOOD fitting aftermarket fairings? Alleykat General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 07-16-2010 12:46 PM
million dollar mattress thrown away Rallo Off Topic 13 06-30-2009 02:32 PM
The six million dollar Cornbread. (pics) Cornbread Off Topic 38 01-12-2008 08:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2008, 12:59 AM   #22
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

I WOULD NOT HAVE SPENT IT LIKE THAT I WOULD HAVE TRANSFERED TO A SWISS OR OFF SHORE ACT AND THEN HALLED BUT TO ANTHER COUNTRY!
Old 02-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #23
dasboot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2004 R1 - sold

read closer:

-
Benjamin Lovell, 48, pleaded innocent on Tuesday to charges that he withdrew money from a Commerce Bank account that had been opened by someone with the same name, prosecutors said.

The account belonged to Woodlawn Trustees Inc, a Delaware property management company, and was listed under the name of its finance director, who is also named Benjamin Lovell, court papers said.
-

His account never had the cash in it, the teller opened the wrong one. Though it was the tellers fault for opening the wrong account, they are accusing him of pulling money out of someone else's account. Larceny is "The unlawful taking, carrying, leading, or riding away of property from the possession or constructive possession of another." He isnt being accused of spending cash from his account but of taking money from an account that did not belong to him.

2 cents: make him give it back, but don't charge him with 25 years. thats ridiculous
dasboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #24
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasboot View Post
read closer:

-
Benjamin Lovell, 48, pleaded innocent on Tuesday to charges that he withdrew money from a Commerce Bank account that had been opened by someone with the same name, prosecutors said.

The account belonged to Woodlawn Trustees Inc, a Delaware property management company, and was listed under the name of its finance director, who is also named Benjamin Lovell, court papers said.
-

His account never had the cash in it, the teller opened the wrong one. Though it was the tellers fault for opening the wrong account, they are accusing him of pulling money out of someone else's account. Larceny is "The unlawful taking, carrying, leading, or riding away of property from the possession or constructive possession of another." He isnt being accused of spending cash from his account but of taking money from an account that did not belong to him.

2 cents: make him give it back, but don't charge him with 25 years. thats ridiculous

I understand that... but is it taking it when the bank gives it to him? It is not like he hacked the system and withdrew it from a teller machine... the bank teller GAVE it to him...
Old 02-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #25
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

one thing for sure... it will be interesting to see the outcome of all this.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #26
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
I understand that... but is it taking it when the bank gives it to him? It is not like he hacked the system and withdrew it from a teller machine... the bank teller GAVE it to him...
The teller may have allowed him access to the wrong acct. once & he used that info to take what he knew wasn't his... He's a thief. No differant than bike thieves everyone on here hates.

Hope he enjoys prison
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #27
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasboot View Post

fck him he's a thief... Yeah 25yrs is a bit excessive (depending on priors) but if that was my 5m & I was losing interest daily cause some fukhead exploited a banktellers mistake I'd be highly .
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #28
Rawrie
The Mercenary

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 650r/ 07 Yamaha R6

I haven't read through all the posts so this may have been pointed out already but this money was not in his account. It was a seperate account opened by a company in the name of their finance guy, who shared the same name as the guy that's being charged. So it wasn't even his own account it was deposited to.
Rawrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement