MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
RinasDaddy
When in doubt, restart!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
10 Speed :(

2 Million Dollar Bank Error...WWJD?

What do you guys think about this Genius? You find 2 million in your account that you didn't put in, and spend it on jewelry for your girlfriend and other investments? I think he asked for what he has coming to him, i like to live by the rule, IF IT'S NOT YOURS THEN DON"T TOUCH IT. idiot

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/crime_err...9KjDjwodvtiBIF

Bank error in your favor

Quote:
Thu Feb 21, 10:33 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York man who discovered that millions of dollars had mysteriously appeared in his bank account, and withdrew more than $2 million, has been arrested on charges of grand larceny, prosecutors said on Wednesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Benjamin Lovell, 48, pleaded innocent on Tuesday to charges that he withdrew money from a Commerce Bank account that had been opened by someone with the same name, prosecutors said.

The account belonged to Woodlawn Trustees Inc, a Delaware property management company, and was listed under the name of its finance director, who is also named Benjamin Lovell, court papers said.

Lovell had just $800 in his own Commerce Bank account when he went to make a deposit, but a teller, mistaking the Woodlawn account for Lovell's personal account, told him that his account contained more than $5 million, prosecutors said.

Lovell made multiple withdrawals even though he knew that the money was not his, prosecutors said. He used the money to buy jewelry for his girlfriend and to make several investments, they said.

Commerce Bank and Woodlawn Trustees did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Legal Aid attorney representing Lovell could not be reached for comment either.

Lovell is being held on $3 million bail. He faces up to 25 years behind bars if convicted, prosecutors said.
RinasDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The million dollar question: Who makes GOOD fitting aftermarket fairings? Alleykat General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 07-16-2010 12:46 PM
million dollar mattress thrown away Rallo Off Topic 13 06-30-2009 02:32 PM
The six million dollar Cornbread. (pics) Cornbread Off Topic 38 01-12-2008 08:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
perot_80
R6RAVEN

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven

Send a message via AIM to perot_80
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinasDaddy View Post
What do you guys think about this Genius? You find 2 million in your account that you didn't put in, and spend it on jewelry for your girlfriend and other investments? I think he asked for what he has coming to him, i like to live by the rule, IF IT'S NOT YOURS THEN DON"T TOUCH IT. idiot

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/crime_err...9KjDjwodvtiBIF

Bank error in your favor
Man! If I were to take the money...I'd leave the country! Ha!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I was just gonna say - withdraw, close account, move to non-extradition country.

live fat.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
RinasDaddy
When in doubt, restart!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
I was just gonna say - withdraw, close account, move to non-extradition country.

live fat.
what country/ies is non extradition?
Old 02-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

venezuala spl?

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki answers

The United States maintains diplomatic relations, but does not have extradition treaties with the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China (People's Republic of China), Union of the Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d' Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russian Federation, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia and Montenegro, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Western Samoa, Yemen, and Zimbabwe.
I think I'd pick Western Somoa, but that wasn't a really great list. Fukin Djibouti? No thanks.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

Well wouldn't that fall under that whole possesion is 9/10th of the law deal. Its his bank account so its his money. I mean if the find drugs in your car and you say well they weren't mine so I didn't want to touch them to throw them out or report saying I found these drugs in my car and they aren't mine they are still going to arrest you like if they are your right? What if he never knew it was in there and just started buying stuff at random, and says he kept buying because his card kept being accepted?
Old 02-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

I'd have transferred it all to a savings account and let it build interest. You know they'll find it eventually, but how long will it take them and how much interest will you have accrued That is in my dream world of course.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don’t have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #10
RinasDaddy
When in doubt, restart!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
Well wouldn't that fall under that whole possesion is 9/10th of the law deal. Its his bank account so its his money. I mean if the find drugs in your car and you say well they weren't mine so I didn't want to touch them to throw them out or report saying I found these drugs in my car and they aren't mine they are still going to arrest you like if they are your right? What if he never knew it was in there and just started buying stuff at random, and says he kept buying because his card kept being accepted?
Fact of the matter is he KNEW what was in there at the time when the bank teller told him what was in there and he should of corrected her. There isn't any what IF unfortunately. Its the tellers fault and it's not like there was some kind of computer error or something. He should of been honest and fessed up
Old 02-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #11
gem
o_O

Send a message via AIM to gem
wouldn't it have been the fault of the teller who put it in there? not my fault you gave me money...

Attention for Rent: PM for a free quote.
Ask about the Emerald Club to see if you qualify for membership today!

gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #12
RinasDaddy
When in doubt, restart!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem View Post
wouldn't it have been the fault of the teller who put it in there? not my fault you gave me money...
I don't think she put the money in there, i think it was already in there , and when he went to the bank for whatever reason it was she told him that you have amount and he made multiple withdraws from that account without explaining to her that wasn't his account. Not really sure how they check security at that bank but both the teller and customer need to be punished.

I mean come on he wouldn't have to go through this ordeal if he would of been upfront about it. Greed got the best of him.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:49 PM   #13
level5
moving chicane

If he has millions in there in the beginning then he couldn't be charged for grand larceny. He only had $800 and knew there was a mistake and took advantage of it. Ignorant is not an excuse.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #14
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

haha.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #15
proxim2020
The First Stig

Bike(s):
2001 Honda F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I'd have transferred it all to a savings account and let it build interest. You know they'll find it eventually, but how long will it take them and how much interest will you have accrued That is in my dream world of course.
Best Plan Ever
proxim2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:38 PM   #16
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Guys a sorry dumbass, good luck withdrawing 5million cash let alone getting out of the country with it.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #17
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
that.. no way in I'm spending that money. No way you can hide that .
Old 02-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #18
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

I just read the story...he had big to withdraw and spend it. But jewelry? He should have bought a Honda.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:25 PM   #19
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Should of bought the most exotic car 2 million could afford and run! Gotta make the most fun out it. Now he bought some nice jewelry and she's gonna be fuking some other ***** while he's in jail. ****.. that.

What the lesson learned here? Pussie can get you in trouble fast!! You know she was begging for a piece of the pie.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #20
FastLife1K
Howdy

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 DR-650
'07 gsx-r 1000 (Sold)
2008 Ninja 250 (sold)
'09 Honda CBR (sold)
'09 GSXR 600 (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to FastLife1K Send a message via Yahoo to FastLife1K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
Should of bought the most exotic car 2 million could afford and run! Gotta make the most fun out it. Now he bought some nice jewelry and she's gonna be fuking some other ***** while he's in jail. ****.. that.

What the lesson learned here? Pussie can get you in trouble fast!! You know she was begging for a piece of the pie.
very well said. lol

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"
FastLife1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement