MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #41
mrceotri
Ducky Patrol

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX-6R
ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
didn't know about the accident, when did this happen?
yea it was this tuesday at 5:50 in the morning. sux, gotta love that spine protector though .
mrceotri is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Triumph Daytona 675 Review Dread6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 09-11-2011 06:22 PM
New Triumph 675 Daytona SE morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 10-25-2010 08:04 PM
triumph daytona 675 klassik General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 10-15-2009 12:37 AM
Triumph daytona 675 Tangy General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 10-30-2007 03:32 PM
Triumph Daytona 675 DaveJHotch General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 03-18-2006 08:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2008, 09:55 AM   #42
mrceotri
Ducky Patrol

Bike(s):
ZX-6R
ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
thats good stuff there! where'd you come by the rain coats, i gotta get me one..
haha yea i wasn't prepaired for the rain when i took the msf so early morning i had to go through some old boxes and found these rain coats in the closet from literally when i was about 8. I figured it was better than nothing . gotta run to Orlando Florida to purchase these hehehe.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #43
mrceotri
Ducky Patrol

Bike(s):
ZX-6R
ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Hey guys, the aluminum triangle plates that mount to the shock and dogbone to the swingarm are breaking with very bad crash results, and U are correct a taller windshield is much nicer, I researched this and suggest the Powerbronze brand, very nice, and I am having the plates custom made at a Laser cutting machine shop out of stainless steel, and they are turning out very nice, could literally save Ur life, I highly suggest if U have a 675 to get these, Tim
ah ok, appreciate teh heads up. i'll be sure to look into it if i go with the 675
Old 02-22-2008, 10:10 AM   #44
mrceotri
Ducky Patrol

Bike(s):
ZX-6R
ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
been there done that...I guess since racerx knows it all he should have also known you need a bike in order to do a trackday.... or 2,lol. more info for ya... they need a taller windscreen. The stock one is useless. It tops out at 158mph. My wife averages 45.5 mpg. Don't use the thumb kill to stop the motor.( can fry the ecu) The motor makes a really cool sound being a I-3. triumph requires a store stamp in the service book to maintain the warranty. putting on a aftermarket exhaust sheds 10 pounds. they already come with s.s. brake lines and have 90 degree valve stems on the wheels. anything else?
Cool man thanks for the info. Good to know about the store stamp for warranty. anything bad about the 675?
Old 02-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #45
navigator
Senior Citizen

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
Hey guys, the aluminum triangle plates that mount to the shock and dogbone to the swingarm are breaking with very bad crash results, and U are correct a taller windshield is much nicer, I researched this and suggest the Powerbronze brand, very nice, and I am having the plates custom made at a Laser cutting machine shop out of stainless steel, and they are turning out very nice, could literally save Ur life, I highly suggest if U have a 675 to get these, Tim

Would you please share where you got this information. I have checked the NHTSA for defects and recalls and am not finding anything. I definitely want to know more.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #46
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrceotri View Post
ah ok, appreciate teh heads up. i'll be sure to look into it if i go with the 675
That's a misconception. It's illegal to try that . The sales people will insinuate that stuff but it's totally false. You can do your work yourself or you can have it done elsewhere and as long as it's done correctly your warranty remains in effect.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #47
didimao0072000

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

Quote:
Are you talking about the red 675 that crashed? Wasn't it already determined that the piece broke off during the crash and not before? I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't the cause and it was more the riding style that caused the crash.
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #48
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
That's a misconception. It's illegal to try that . The sales people will insinuate that stuff but it's totally false. You can do your work yourself or you can have it done elsewhere and as long as it's done correctly your warranty remains in effect.

Got in a hurry and copied the wrong quote. This is referring to the store stamp being required for warranty. You can pay the extra dollars if you want but not using the dealer for basic maintenance does not nullify your warranty, on any brand of bike, or auto or whatever.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #49
mrceotri
Ducky Patrol

Bike(s):
ZX-6R
ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Got in a hurry and copied the wrong quote. This is referring to the store stamp being required for warranty. You can pay the extra dollars if you want but not using the dealer for basic maintenance does not nullify your warranty, on any brand of bike, or auto or whatever.
ah i see. i figured it should be fine as long as it was done right and on time.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #50
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

the stamp is not required at every service. only at the 500 mile...6000 mile and so on. I think the 675 is fairly comfortable. Got some bad vibrations at highway speed through the clip ons.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #51
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
the stamp is not required at every service. only at the 500 mile...6000 mile and so on. I think the 675 is fairly comfortable. Got some bad vibrations at highway speed through the clip ons.
It's not "required" at any time. Only suggested or recommended by the factory. They cannot deny a warranty claim without justifiable reason that would constitute abuse, neglect, improper maintenance or repair procedures or parts.

Of course all factories want to support the dealers. They also want you to buy their parts rather than aftermarket. Fortunately, the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act allows us to make our own choices.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #52
mrceotri
Ducky Patrol

Bike(s):
ZX-6R
ZX-6R

Just went to check one out, seat is noticably higher than my ZX6R but feels lower cause it so narrow. i think i like.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #53
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
I can barely touch the ground on it and I mean barely!!! but once I'm rolling it's so much fun.

My wife is 5'4" and does ok. I adjusted the rear shock down and dropped the forks 1/2" in the triple on hers.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #54
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
My wife is 5'4" and does ok. I adjusted the rear shock down and dropped the forks 1/2" in the triple on hers.
women tend to have longer legs then men, my wife is 4 inches shorter then me, but has a longer inseam.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #55
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by didimao0072000 View Post
Are you talking about the red 675 that crashed? Wasn't it already determined that the piece broke off during the crash and not before? I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't the cause and it was more the riding style that caused the crash.
The red one is just one of about 8 that I,ve heard of, Not a recall, but if I had one of these I think it would be a very small price to pay for piece of mind, he is just now able to ride 3 months later and the original estimate for parts only was $10,800, Yea I know U can buy another bike for less, but the point I,m trying to make is its just not worth the risk IF they were to break and cause body damage or worse and $$$$$$$ in parts, the fact is the factory part is cheesy aluminum and the replacement is identical except slightly thicker and stainless steel, It would allways be in the back of my mind, what if this were to happen? kinda takes the fun out of the ride, just my opinion fwif
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #56
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
women tend to have longer legs then men, my wife is 4 inches shorter then me, but has a longer inseam.
Hi Ed, I didnt know racerX was U, how U doing? whats better than a long leggew woman wraping her legs around U?

A short legged woman trying to
Old 02-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #57
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Quote:
Hi Ed, I didnt know racerX was U, how U doing? whats better than a long leggew woman wraping her legs around U?

A short legged woman trying to

true daTHI HONEY
Old 02-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #58
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Old 02-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #59
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

hey tim let me know when you get those triangles made up... I'd like peace of mind for my wife's bike.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #60
Swift E

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Does anyone know if Gilles has a brake down of parts + Diagrams + Hardware for their Rearsets on the 675?

I can't find this on-line and i need to order some hardware.

Advertisement