Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #41
DirtyRed

Feedback Rating: (0)

Wow...I wouldn't have thought you would incur a charge for non-transport either - crazy. It would make me think twice about accepting aide if I was able to think clearly - which, in some instances may not be a good thing. I've been carted back from various turns at different tracks, but never had to pay for a return trip to the paddock.

So did you fill out some paperwork in the ambulance, cuz I'm curious how they may have gotten your info to charge you in the first place?
DirtyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RideSmart Track Day - 7.18.2009 @MSRC - 3.1Mi Track Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 07-14-2009 07:19 PM
First TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track Day / RideSmart / Memorial Day '08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-14-2008 08:47 AM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
RideSmart Track Day Sep. 5th. Any new track newbies wanna go? roro Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-22-2005 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2008, 02:32 AM   #42
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Perhaps other track day orgs could follow suit if they don't already have a similar policy (Paramedic req'd and no charge for no transport).

Its something I would have never thought of, either...
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #43
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Charles,

I'm sorry to hear about the $400 and your terrible experience. I was at that track day and remember seeing your crash and stay their motionless for a few minutes - horrible sight!

Here's something to help you and other people out there:

1) RideSmart ($100-135 track day fee) - Ambulance services are free unless transported.

2) LSTD ($140-160 track day fee) - Ambulance services are free unless transported.

3) Same for TMGPs.

4) Same for CMRA.

5) Same for most drag racing tracks i've been to. They only charge if they transport you out of the track to a hospital.

6) Elite Track days ($$ unknown), but after speaking to her - she has a similar policy like Ride Smart.

7) LMS ($190 now?) - You get charged... your an example.

Thus the reason I refure to do private track days.

Again sorry for your loss, I'm just glad your okay!

I should have chimed in earlier - its sad that not alot of track day guys know this...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #44
CalamariKid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

I appreciate the thought Mo, but to be clear this is not a LMS bashing thread, but simply passing on info about a policy I was unaware of.

I doubt it is specific to LMS, but rather specific to MSRH as I believe the track decides which ambulance service to utilize. I expect they will be there this weekend for the TTD's event and any other events at MSRH.

I absolutely still plan on doing track days at MSRH, though I will likely ride more conservatively than I would otherwise. The lesson I take away from this is no so much whether to accept emergency services in the event of an accident, but rather knowing what it will cost I will be more careful on the track.
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:02 PM   #45
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamariKid View Post
I doubt it is specific to LMS, but rather specific to MSRH as I believe the track decides which ambulance service to utilize.
Correct
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement